Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Who are the novice and junior teams new out of the coast? I heard that several have new partners but it is just rumor. Anyone know for sure?

vCash
    I am a little confused after reading the comments on here and watching the videos. Maybe someone that is more up technically on pairs than me can help. I watched the senior pairs three videos and understand that it is early for these teams and have no problems with the second and third place teams, they are very talented by the way. I also like D/S but to see them 10 points higher? I watched them do a triple twist where Donalan landed on her own(girl power!) and Andrew did not catch her he was leaning forward and that can be a dangerous issue hopefully it was just an off twist(maybe they are reworking it?) , UR a triple toe and totally out of sinc, a death spiral that was inside? and barely made it around, D almost fell on the cheated two footed throw (kudo's for end of program and not falling she is stronger than gets credit for), and foot work that was not connected at all, and pair spin marginal. I'm not trying to bash I like them. I have been online to see the comps to their score and am shocked. IT seems they got total credit for everything even though it was not done. The lift was good. That score is the same as some amazing pairs last season skating really well. So maybe the judges were just giving them the score they could get if skating clean to give them confidence but 10 points higher then the other teams? and a comp score to pairs that skated really well last year ?

They are so talented in components. IT was so nice to see them out there so early I was just confused on the scores. I know there are many on here that are very very good at explaining the scoring system.

With this scoring does anyone have an idea how the summer competitions may stack up?
    This all said maybe the scores this Oly year will be going up? Maybe components are the focus this year? That could make sense then. Good luck to all the teams!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Five favorite things with Felicia Zhang and Nate Bartholomay: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

From today's "The Inside Edge" blog on IN:
    On the ice, [Becky] Bereswill is enjoying her new partnership with Josh Reagan. They have a new short program, choreographed by Massimo Scali, to "Clair de Lune."
    ETA:
    Colin Grafton has updated his profile on IPS: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4181

I posted this hearsay information earlier in this thread (5/30): "Elise Middleton is skating with Anthony Evans from Texas (he's 21 & too old for the JGP, unfortunately) and they are coached by Peter Oppegard."
    (I usually don't consider any new teams to be "for sure" until after they have competed together.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-12-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    Who are the novice and junior teams new out of the coast? I heard that several have new partners but it is just rumor. Anyone know for sure?
    I have heard of three new Pacific Coast pairs – but, as already pointed out, information of this sort should be considered strictly "hearsay" until confirmed.

In Aliso Viejo, CA, presumably training with Meno and Sand, Hannah Klopstock and Michael Johnson have teamed up. Klopstock most recently competed with Chadwick Phillips while Johnson was formerly paired with Caitlin Belt with whom he finished in 9th place at nationals.

It looks like another new junior pairs team training there is AnnaMarie Pearce and Jason Pacini. Pearce's most recent partners were Craig Norris and Matej Silecky and Jason Pacini was the 2012 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist with former partner Caitlin Fields. Fields and Pacini were the 7th place junior team this year at nationals.

Finally, Juliette Erickson (who last competed as a novice pair skater with Connor Fleming) appears to have partnered with Alex Brauner. I am not familiar with Brauner's background, but he seems to have skated in Canada previously. I do not know if they intend to compete as a novice or a junior pair.

vCash
    This story is mainly about Randy Gardner BUT there are also tidbits about other pairs skaters (among other skaters): Becky Bereswill (she's been modeling and is loving her partnership with Josh Reagan) and Fontana and Zimmerman, who just had a second baby.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post

Finally, Juliette Erickson (who last competed as a novice pair skater with Connor Fleming) appears to have partnered with Alex Brauner. I am not familiar with Brauner's background, but he seems to have skated in Canada previously. I do not know if they intend to compete as a novice or a junior pair.
    Yes, Alex is Canadian. He competed in Novice dance for the last two seasons placing 22nd at Challenge last season and 20th the season before. In 2011/2012 he also competed Novice men placing 8th at the ABNWTNUN Sectionals. As far as I know that was the last time he seriously competed singles, however I could be wrong. Do you know if they will compete for the USA or Canada?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    ... but, as already pointed out, information of this sort should be considered strictly "hearsay" until confirmed.
    It looks like another new junior pairs team training there is AnnaMarie Pearce and Jason Pacini. Pearce's most recent partners were Craig Norris and Matej Silecky and Jason Pacini was the 2012 U.S. Novice Pairs silver medalist with former partner Caitlin Fields. Fields and Pacini were the 7th place junior team this year at nationals.
    Cross-posting in the U.S. and Canadian Pairs threads...

My latest hearsay info (from two different reliable sources) is that Caitlin Fields, who will be 18 in September, is relocating from Scottsdale, Arizona (where she trained under Doug Ladret) to Montreal to partner with Sebastian Arcieri, 19, and compete in Canada.

ETA that Fields/Pacini never competed internationally because he was too old - their bio on IN: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40264&mode=P
    Arcieri skated with Natasha Purich last season - they competed on the JGP and won the Junior silver medal at 2013 Canadians.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-13-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Yes, Alex is Canadian. He competed in Novice dance for the last two seasons placing 22nd at Challenge last season and 20th the season before. In 2011/2012 he also competed Novice men placing 8th at the ABNWTNUN Sectionals. As far as I know that was the last time he seriously competed singles, however I could be wrong. Do you know if they will compete for the USA or Canada?
    Thanks for the information, heard they were doing well but not sure what level Juliette and Alex will compete. Elise is doing junior right? Any other new teams for novice? None are posted on unseen skaters for Pacific. Didn't another team split? David something?

vCash
    Thanks for the information, heard they were doing well but not sure what level Juliette and Alex will compete. Elise is doing junior right? Any other new teams for novice? None are posted on unseen skaters for Pacific. Didn't another team split? David something?
    Think compete for the US but not sure...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Scheduled to compete this weekend...

Donlan/Speroff (debut of their "Pas de Deux"/Nutcracker FS) and Baga/Toth (SP) at Boston Open on Saturday 6/22 - will post link to the live, free stream if/when it becomes available.

Zhang/Bartholomay (season debut of their "Carousel" SP & Les Miz FS), Kayne/O'Shea (debut of their "Don Quixote" FS); Alyssa McDougal/Paul Schatz (Junior) and Gillett/Fernandez (Novice) at Summer Chiller in Fort Myers, FL (also scheduled to compete are Canada's Lawrence/Swiegers and GBR's Kemp/King (SP)).

Calalang/Sidhu (Sr. debut); Junior teams Liu/Perini, Klopstock/Johnson (new) and Middleton/Evans (new) at SoCal Interclub in Paramount, CA.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-18-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: To add more info

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Any other new teams for novice? None are posted on unseen skaters for Pacific. Didn't another team split? David something?
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that Lianna Thomas/David Botero (N10 at 2013 Nationals) have split. Teams will be listed in Unseen Skaters' Pairs Scoretracker after they have competed and their results/scores are known.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-18-2013 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Donlan/Speroff (debut of their "Pas de Deux"/Nutcracker FS) and Baga/Toth (SP) at Boston Open on Saturday 6/22 - will post link to the live, free stream if/when it becomes available.

Zhang/Bartholomay (season debut of their "Carousel" SP & Les Miz FS), Kayne/O'Shea (debut of their "Don Quixote" FS); Alyssa McDougal/Paul Schatz (Junior) and Gillett/Fernandez (Novice) at Summer Chiller in Fort Myers, FL (also scheduled to compete are Canada's Lawrence/Swiegers and GBR's Kemp/King (SP)).

Calalang/Sidhu (Sr. debut); Junior teams Liu/Perini, Klopstock/Johnson (new) and Middleton/Evans (new) at SoCal Interclub in Paramount, CA.
    Thanks for the info. Sylvia.

vCash

Good luck to all. Especially interested in seeing how all the US Senior pairs look. So far, decent choices in music.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I posted Becky Bereswill's tweeted photo link of the 7 pairs currently training at Detroit SC here (at least 4 of the 7 are U.S. teams): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3941469

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Detailed protocol links for Felicia Zhang/Nate Bartholomay (52.08 SP, 104.47 FS) and Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea (52.37 SP, 86.85 FS) at the Summer Chiller competition in Florida this past weekend:
    SP: http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...s/SEGM022.html
    FS: http://www.icejudge.com/documents/co...s/SEGM014.html (this event was at 8 am on Sunday)

Videos of Baga/Toth's SP and Donlan/Speroff's FS at Boston Open and a mini-report by ioana are posted in the competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3943604

AFAIK, Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim are planning to debut their new SP to "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" from Yentl, choreographed by Catarina Lindgren, at the Broadmoor Open on Friday night, June 28 - link to the competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ebcast-info%29

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim debuted their new SP last night and looked solid on all their elements - 65.69 (38.43/27.26).

2 new pairs that debuted at the Broadmoor Open: Joy Weinberg/Michael Lueck (Junior) and Macy Peterson/Daniel Arsenault (Novice).

vCash
    Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim debuted their new SP last night and looked solid on all their elements - 65.69 (38.43/27.26).
    WOW. Obviously, these scores don't matter too much in the scope of things yet still impressive. They must've been clean. I also doubt we'll get a video of this.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    S/K's elements included a very high 3twist, throw 3F, sbs 3S (not quite landed in unison), lasso entry into star lift - believe this entry is new for them.

vCash
    Received a schedule for Detroit yesterday - senior pairs event will be two hours. No idea who's registered yet but sounds like lots of teams. I'm excited!

vCash
    Two hours of Senior Pairs! Oh my foolish heart is so happy...........

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast