Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hi Lil Jen

Are you sure about Donlan and Speroff? I spoke with someone this evening who was at the competition and here is the report got
    Donlan and Speroff landed their sbs 3toes and placed first with 56 points.
    Baga and Toth , he fell on jump and they scored 46 points and Kayne and O'Shea scored 43 points. Was so happy to hear that D/S landed their triples jumps clean, hope my information was not wrong.
    Last edited by hippychick; 06-08-2013 at 08:33 AM.

vCash
    Found Donlan/Speroff's SP on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI2cgOQ7-s

The sbs jump was landed, but the unison was off and hers looks possibly ur. Gorgeous program.
    Last edited by Cloudy_Gumdrops; 06-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Found Donlan/Speroff's SP on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmI2cgOQ7-s

The sbs jump was landed, but the unison was off and hers looks possibly ur. Gorgeous program.
    This user has uploaded all three SPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/sg0507?feature=watch

vCash
    Hippychick, you're right--sorry, I was speaking from memory. It was the other two guys who fell on the SBS jumps.

I find it really encouraging that D/S landed all their stuff.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I watched all 3 performances.

It's nice to see D/S land the SBS jumps but obviously time will show if it's a newfound consistency. She had a step-out of the Throw 3S. D/B had a score of 54 at a local competition earlier, so this is possibly a nice set-up for a rivalry between the 2 teams, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

They didn't perform well, but I like K/O, and I excuse their performance because it is June. They probably just had an off-night. I find them comfortable, confident and dynamic. I hope to see good things from them.

B/T were probably the weakest of the 3 teams in terms of skating skills but they are coming along nicely. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'd like to see Kiri concentrate solely on pairs.

vCash
    @LynnRutherford has tweeted scores: "Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff 56.95, Kiri Baga/Taylor Toth 46.61, Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea 46.50"

ETA:

Baga/Toth's "Be Italian" (choreo by Rohene Ward): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTikyNV6QGo

Kayne/O'Shea's James Bond medley incl. "From Russia with Love" (choreo by Jim Peterson): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7o0cL7M_k

ETA #2 (cross-posted in the U.S. Club Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry):
    Novice Pairs SP scores from yesterday:
    1. Knoop/Chinault 31.40
    2. Bertsch/Hale 28.65
    3. Gillett/Fernandez 28.44
    4. Gallagher/Horton 28.09
    5. Burke/Schwab 24.56
    6. LaChance/Anderson 24.11
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-09-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thanks for the report, LilJen! All I know at this time is that the Senior SP placement order was Donlan/Speroff, Baga/Toth, Kayne/O'Shea.

Based on your description, the Junior pair sounds like Kaitlin Budd/Nikita Cheban (N2 at Nationals), who are coached by Sergey Petrovskiy in the Detroit area (his wife is the choreographer Olga Volozhinskaya).
    I'd say this was actually probably De La Mora/ Wilson ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    I'd say this was actually probably De La Mora/ Wilson ??
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Only 1 junior team, sorry I can't recall names. Definitely a big jump up from the novice & int pairs in terms of just how sure they were on the ice and presentation. The boy in the pair was pretty burly and I gasped when he did a one-arm lift of the gal (she was in front of him facing him, he lifted her up and around so she was then facing in his direction) like it was a walk in the park. Their coach was some Russian-speaking guy (was speaking with our Russian-speaking skating director and with the pair boy in Russian as well).
    Does Taylor speak Russian? I know they're in Fort Wayne for the camp. Only 2 Junior pairs registered for this comp. -- Budd/Cheban and Aya Takai/Brian Johnson, both of whom are JGP candidates.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ Must be Budd/Cheban then. I'm very surprised none of the Indiana teams did this competition (Zaitsev/Stevens & Leng/Leduc)

vCash
    Thanks for the report, LilJen! All I know at this time is that the Senior SP placement order was Donlan/Speroff, Baga/Toth, Kayne/O'Shea.

Based on your description, the Junior pair sounds like Kaitlin Budd/Nikita Cheban (N2 at Nationals), who are coached by Sergey Petrovskiy in the Detroit area (his wife is the choreographer Olga Volozhinskaya).

The 6 Novice pairs are: Grace Knoop/Noah Chinault N6, Madeleine Gallagher/Jonathon Horton N8, Alicia Bertsch/Austin Hale Int1 (Ft. Wayne pair coached by Alena Lunin), Darbie Burke/Griffin Schwab Int2, Linde LaChance/Kenneth Anderson, Cirinia Gillett/Maximiliano Fernandez (new team).

The Intermediate pair should be Cate Hawkins/Eric Hartley from the Cincinnati area.

ETA: If I find out (or anyone else knows) Senior SP scores, Novice or other results, please post.
    Yes, those are the names. One detail I forgot to include was on Darbie Burke--she's tiny and can't be more than 10, maybe?? Anyway, she had the BIGGEST grin on her face while in a press lift. Looked like she was having the time of her life! It was fun to watch.

Takai/Johnson withdrew. It was indeed Budd/Cheban who competed jr.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Best US international scores in the last quadrennial since the Fall of 2010 for those teams still together (I did add teams very recently split for some extra context) :

1. Denney/Coughlin - 185.42 (2012 4CC's)
    - Marley/Brubaker - 178.89 (2012 4CC's)
    2. Castelli/Shnapir - 174.86 (2012 Ice Challenge)
    3. Scimeca/Knierim - 173.51 (2013 Worlds)
    4. Kayne/O'Shea - 167.82 (2013 Challenge Cup)
    5. Zhang/Bartholomay - 167.30 (2013 4CC's)
    6. Denney/Frazier - 155.83 (2013 Jr. Worlds)
    - Vise/Baldwin - 155.42 (2011 SA)
    7. Leng/LeDuc - 148.56 (2013 Challenge Cup)
    8. Baga/Toth - 146.50 (2013 Challenge Cup)
    9. Simpson/Blackmer - 146.35 (2011-12 JGPF)
    10.Donlan/Speroff - 145.35 (2012 Nebelhorn)
    - Davis/Ladwig - 143.70 (2012 NHK)
    11.Calalang/Sidhu - 139.32 (2011 JGP Tallinn)
    - Cain/Reagan - 138.02 (2011 Cup of Russia)

Newcomers:

Davis/Brubaker - I have a feeling if Marley / Brubaker have scored 178 pts., D/B have the potential to go higher (but see comment below re 2012 4CC's).
    Bereswill/Reagan - IDK. Will have to see them perform, but I don't think Becky is as reliable as Ashley Cain normally, and if C/R were scoring 138 pts. internationally, don't know where this will go ...

Comments: Didn't realize that D/C had such a high score. But, I think the 2012 4CC competition scoring was a little inflated. Sui/Han scored over 200 pts. Ditto M/B regarding that score; C/S are #2 but S/K are right behind them and actually beat them at 2013 Worlds despite being together only 1 year. I also didn't realize that K/O actually have the 4th highest score among US pairs internationally after also only being together 1 year, although Z/B score is right behind theirs and came at a more prestigious competition. There is more space between Z/B - K/O and D/F than I thought. L/L and B/T are making decent progress internationally. Wow. D/S really underperform internationally. Only 10th among the scores? They could be pushed down further if the new teams do well.
    Last edited by olympic; 06-09-2013 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    ^^^ Duarte/Grafton split last season (ETA: she retired and he's no longer listed on IPS).

I don't think Senior B scores are always comparable to scores at GP, ISU Championships, etc. Denney/Coughlin's consistency in their internationals has been their main strength -- 179.21 (2012 Rostelecom Cup, 3rd) and 178.22 (2012 Skate America, 3rd), for example.

Castelli/Shnapir's ISU personal best total score is 174.51 at 2012 NHK Trophy (3rd). They attended the camp in Fort Wayne this weekend but I haven't seen any photos of them yet. The camp's team-building event was won by Tarah Kayne, Taylor Toth & Taylor Wilson: http://instagram.com/p/aUMS0xlYZT/
    I've updated my Pairs Scoretracker with the scores I've received from Fort Wayne so far (missing Junior SP exh., Int. SP/FS exh.): http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/

Zhang/Bartholomay will make their season debut in a club competition in Fort Meyers, Florida later this month as a warmup to Skate Detroit. Kayne/O'Shea are also scheduled to compete, along with CAN's Paige Lawrence/Rudi Swiegers and GBR's Kemp/King (SP only).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-10-2013 at 04:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This user has uploaded all three SPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/sg0507?feature=watch
    I like all three sp music choices for these couples (Baga/ Toth; Kayne/ O'Shea; Donlan/ Speroff)!

vCash
    ^^^ Duarte/Grafton split last season (ETA: she retired and he's no longer listed on IPS).

I don't think Senior B scores are always comparable to scores at GP, ISU Championships, etc. Denney/Coughlin's consistency in their internationals has been their main strength -- 179.21 (2012 Rostelecom Cup, 3rd) and 178.22 (2012 Skate America, 3rd), for example.

Castelli/Shnapir's ISU personal best total score is 174.51 at 2012 NHK Trophy (3rd). They attended the camp in Fort Wayne this weekend but I haven't seen any photos of them yet. The camp's team-building event was won by Tarah Kayne, Taylor Toth & Taylor Wilson: http://instagram.com/p/aUMS0xlYZT/
    I've updated my Pairs Scoretracker with the scores I've received from Fort Wayne so far: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/

Zhang/Bartholomay will make their season debut in a club competition in Fort Meyers, Florida later this month as a warmup to Skate Detroit. Kayne/O'Shea are also scheduled to compete, along with CAN's Paige Lawrence/Rudi Swiegers and GBR's Kemp/King (SP only).
    Sylvia. I removed D/G. I realize all of the above, but I just thought I'd throw out the list for fun to see what each is capable of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I realize all of the above, but I just thought I'd throw out the list for fun to see what each is capable of.
    And I'm fine with it. I guess the main point is that Donlan/Speroff have yet to show what they can do internationally - hope they can this season!

ETA: I believe D/S will compete next in their home club comp., Boston Open, later this month where they plan to debut their Nutcracker/Pas de Deux FS.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.

vCash

Best of luck to Kylie and Colin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rvQdJSkp-M

vCash
    Donlan and Speroff did not have one good skate internationally last season, so I don't think their scores from last year are at all indicative of what they might be if they skated even as well as they did this weekend. IIRC they did not get credit for their death spiral and struggled in jumps at every competition. Hopefully they have used their off season wisely to address those issues. Would live to see what they would score with clean programs.
    Last edited by hippychick; 06-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    ^What summer competitions are available for US pairs?

Indy Challenge (cancelled)
    Skate Detroit (MI)
    Cranberry Open (MA)
    Liberty Open (PA?)
    Glacier Falls (?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    What summer competitions are available for US pairs?
    The ones usually attended by Sr/Jr international teams:
    June: Boston Open, Summer Chiller (Ft. Meyers, FL mentioned above in post #192), Broadmoor Open (some CO pairs may debut a SP and/or FS here)
    July: LA Open (Calif. pairs?), Liberty (very few pairs expected this year/main coaches are bypassing), Skate Detroit (THE main comp. in the U.S. this summer with USA & CAN teams)
    August: Colorado Championships (CO pairs), Glacier Falls (Calif. pairs?), Cranberry Open (Boston pairs)
    *Champs Camp is week of Aug. 19-25 for the Grand Prix skaters.
    September: Golden West near LA on Labor Day weekend, Middle Atlantics in NYC, SW Florida Fall Classic (home rink of Ellenton, FL pairs)

From the end of the June 6th pairs article on IceNetwork (refer to post #173 for link):
    U.S. champions Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, who are attending the [Fort Wayne] camp and will mentor some of the younger skaters, traveled to Montreal to get choreography from Julie Marcotte, who created their well-received 2012-13 programs: "The programs look great; they're very intricate, still another level up from last season," said Bobby Martin, who coaches the team in Boston. "Their first big competition will either be Skate Detroit, or more likely, a competition in Montreal." The U.S. champions may also compete at the Cranberry Open in August.
    The Montreal comp. is Championnats québécois d'été, Aug. 8-11, 2013 (see the Canadian Summer Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry).

Fort Wayne Hosts National Figure Skating Camp (local article and video): http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...210763501.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-10-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: To add another comp.

vCash
    Here's another local article and short video about the pairs camp: http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...OCAL/306109972

ETA: Also a gallery of 12 photos at the bottom of the article: http://www.jgmobile.net/apps/pbcs.dl...plate=mgallery
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-11-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast