Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

vCash
    I know there was surprise back in the fall that MU hadn't scored better in the transfer period. Fellaini came in last minute and overpriced IIRC, giving the impression of a panic move. How much of that was Moyles's fault, who knows. Also if the team was already on the older side an extra year can't help. But clearly he wasn't inspiring the players like Ferguson had. Best of luck to his replacement, it'll be interesting for sure to see if this season is a blip or more prolonged slump for MU.

Meanwhile, hope Arsenal can get the FA Cup win or this will have been a very disappointing season after their strong start. I'm wondering, do they have to finish top 4 above Everton to have any chance of being in the Champions League next season or does 5th allow them a chance to qualify? From what I understand, they've made it the last 16 seasons but weren't always automatically in so had to play a qualifying round.

And congrats to Liverpool for being in the driver's seat, especially since Mourinho wants to rest Chelsea's players for the Champions League. Seems fitting given the Hillsborough anniversary!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post

And congrats to Liverpool for being in the driver's seat, especially since Mourinho wants to rest Chelsea's players for the Champions League. Seems fitting given the Hillsborough anniversary!
    I must admit I would live to see Liverpool get the title this year - they have really played well when it counts and kudos to them for that. Still I think we won't know the champions until the final day of the season - I love it when it goes to the final day instead of being decided with 2 or 3 weeks to go.

vCash
    Tito

Tito Vilanova has passed away at 45 from cancer. He was a talented coach and too young to die. R.I.P.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...at-cancer.html

vCash
    It's an all Madrid final!

vCash
    According to this article by The Guardian newspaper workers working on the WC sites in Qatar continue to die on average one a day despite promising to improve conditions.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...deaths-migrant

vCash
    Man U lost to Sunderland. While TFC up 1-0 on NE in the first half.

vCash
    So TFC lost yesterday. What a lousy weekend.

vCash
    So last weekend's loss from Liverpool to Chelsea put Man City back in the driver's seat, especially after City's win over Everton. Bummer.

Chelsea itself needed a win today to have a real chance but they drew with Norwich (who'll likely be relegated along with Fulham and Cardiff).

Arsenal secured fourth again and a Champions League qualifying spot after Everton's loss yesterday.

Fingers crossed for Liverpool against Crystal Palace tomorrow! Hopefully it'll come down to the wire for the Championship.

vCash
    Congrats to Manchester City on winning the EPL title. And no European play for my boys Spurs will instead make it to the final Europa League spot.

vCash
    Another banana throwing incident aimed at AC Milan players. Let's see if anyone is punished for this latest incident.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rt%5Eheadlines

vCash
    There has been protests in Brazil against the cost of putting on the tournament.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-27423404

vCash
    After a crazy end of season last year, Benfica Lisbon bounced back and won the national title, the portuguese cup and the league cup. In Europa League, Benfica reached the final for the second season in a row but lost on the penalty shoot-out (in my opinion they were robbed big time by the ref). Great season for them.

vCash
    Van Gaal is Man U's new manager and Giggs is his assistant. Best of luck to them and I am hoping for a better season come fall.

vCash
    Good luck to Van Gael, I hope it works out. At the very least I think they'll get back to the Europa League.

Also slightly belated congrats to Atletico Madrid for winning La Liga in the deciding match against Barcelona! Huge accomplishment considering how dominant Barca and Real Madrid have been. Now they meet Real in the Champions League final, a win there would really be a fairy tale season.

And Arsenal won the FA Cup.

vCash
    Some WC news:

1) Mario Balotelli was again racially abused by fans during an open training session for the NT.
    2) Toronto FC's Michael Bradley, and Julio Cesar have been called up for their national teams but Jermain DeFoe has not.
    3) Big things are expected of the Dutch this time around it would seem. I guess their manager wants a nice sending off since will soon be Man U's new boss.
    4) Brazil says they are too anxious to sleep these days. I wonder why...
    5) The cost of living in many of the cities hosting WC matches has skyrocketed leaving many with no choice but to live in shanty towns.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0DU1P620140514

vCash
    No Landon Donovan for the US at this year's WC.

vCash
    An update on how preparations for the WC is coming along with less than three weeks left before the tournament starts. And to no one's surprise the work us still not done yet. Australia will be the first team to arrive next week.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-safety-checks

vCash
    Madrid derbi in the Champions final (RTVE final promo)

I have friends that are Real or Atleti fans so I´m quite neutral. I just hope we can see a great and fair game although I´m afraid both teams will be very nervous as they can make history, Real winning "la décima" (the tenth title) and Atleti their first.

A big number of madrileños have travelled to Lisboa, I guess Madrid will have the lowest participation in an European Election ever tomorrow .
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Real won 4-1 but Atletico lead 1-0 in the 92nd minute and then Ramos scored followed by Bale. A very exciting game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Real won 4-1 but Atletico lead 1-0 in the 92nd minute and then Ramos scored followed by Bale. A very exciting game
    That was a fantastic match. I don't think Atletico deserved to lose by such a margin, but they just ran out of gas after using up their substitutions too early. I love how Casillas planted a huge kiss on Ramos's cheek for saving his a** after his awful mistake in the first half allowed Atletico's goal.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast