Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    http://www.beinsportplay.ca Yes!!! And in time for the "Clasico" Barcelona vs Real Madrid match.
    You need to use the promo code BeInCanada when registering.

vCash
    There was another round of WC qualifiers it say. The USA beat Jamaica 2-0, Portugal tied with Israel 1-1 and in danger of having to do the playoff round, Slovenia beat Norway 3-0, and Armenia beat Bulgaria 2–1. Totally bummed that I was not able to watch any matches because of work, so now I am off to troll for highlight vids.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...hes/index.html
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-12-2013 at 05:27 AM.

vCash
    Germany won 3-0 against Ireland and is qualified.

vCash
    I believe Belgium and Colombia officially qualified as well. England will do so on Tuesday should they win over Poland.

An awesome goal by Raul Jimenez may have saved Mexico's WQ:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPh2n...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    And Switzerland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    An awesome goal by Raul Jimenez may have saved Mexico's WQ:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPh2n...ature=youtu.be
    Their celebration was so touching. I really hope they make it.

vCash
    Insanity has come to MLS: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...-work/related/

Don Garber caving too that lunatic Sepp Blatter??? MLS will be destroyed by moving to a fall/winter schedule. First, and most importantly, weekends in the fall in the USA is American Football time, both college and the NFL. MLS going up against that juggernaut is insane. This is an issue that only the USA has, and for FIFA and MLS to be ignorant of it makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, who in Columbus will possibly consider going to a Crew game when the Buckeyes are playing across town?? Add in that the winters in North America tend to be harsher than in Europe, who will go to Fire, Union, Revs games outdoor in 20 degree weather? And what player wants to play in that? And 30 years ago the NASL went out of business in part because of a fall schedule. Learn the lesson. And finally, MLS is the fastest growing sport in the USA, why in the world screw with that?

I fully understand that MLS being out of sync with the FIFA schedule creates problems, but wouldn't a MLS that goes out of business create more?

vCash
    I hope that won't happen but I know what the great blatterer wants, the great blatterer gets.

vCash
    More WC qualifiers today and England is in a must win situation against Poland. Egypt plays Ghana today in Ghana but the location for the return game is in dispute because Ghana has asked for it to be moved for safety reasons. It is also possible that Portugal, who plays Luxembourg, could still secure the automatic qualifying spot but highly unlikely. USA plays Panama and Mexico plays Costa Rica. Poor New Zealand cannot believe their bad luck in having to play off against Mexico for a WC spot. But then again with the way Mexico is playing maybe New Zealand has a good chance at making it.

vCash
    Mexico was a brilliant bicycle kick away from getting eliminated, and now they are in deep against the Ticos. Maybe the miracle victory will energize the Mexican side. But based upon their play in the last year, I think the Kiwis have a decent chance against el Tri.

vCash
    So Russia, England and Bosnia (for the first time!) all qualified so far. Portugal in the playoffs I believe.

Looking forward to Commebol/Concacaf action tonight! Although it seems I'll have to hunt for a Telemundo stream for Mexico/Costa Rica...

vCash
    Poor Egypt! I was so hoping both them and Venezuela would make it to Brazil but alas it was not to be. Egypt was just plain unlucky to get pitted against Ghana. But on the other hand Ghana certainly did very well trashing Egypt 6-1.

vCash
    Is Venezuela officially out now (though I know there wasn't much chance)? Shame.

vCash
    I believe with the draw against Paraguay their WC run is officially over.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99B01520131012
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-16-2013 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Wow, Uruguay is really trying for the automatic qualification over Ecuador (with a little help from the ref...no expert but that sure seemed like a bogus penalty elicited from Suarez). Good match against Argentina!

ETA - still need 3 goals though to pass Ecuador, probably too much.
    Last edited by Lara; 10-16-2013 at 01:52 AM.

vCash
    Ecuador lost but qualifies, Uruguay wins but off to playoffs.

And eeek - Panama 1-0 over US, Costa Rica 1-0 over Mexico atm. If it stays like this Panama is off to play New Zealand and Mexico's eliminated.

vCash
    Wow that went down to the wire! US tied, Panama scored again to take the lead and it looked like Mexico was out...until the US came back in the final minutes and scored not once but twice. Heartbreaking for Panama.

Mexico still didn't play like they deserved to be even in the playoffs. New Zealand probably does have a decent chance, they shouldn't be intimidated for sure.

vCash
    WHeeee Colombia! Comeback from 0-3 down against Chile was nuts!

vCash
    The US did Mexico a huge favour. LOL

vCash
    Iceland in the playoffs kind of makes my day. The smallest country ever to get this far, I think.

Congrats to Bosnia, may you have a brilliant tournament.

Also, my country needs a decent defense as soon as possible. When I started watching football, Germany always had an excellent defense and scored goals on set-pieces. Granted, they were also really boring. These days we score tons of beautiful goals, have tons of great attacking midfielders - but the defense is awful, and I can't remember the last time we scored a goal after a corner.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast