Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Super Eagles beat Kenya yesterday 1-0 ( a lot of that seems to be going around lately. ) Nigeria next play in the Confederations Cup in Brazil. Let's hope the roof of the stadium in Brazil holds up this time. LOL
    http://asia.eurosport.com/football/w...10/story.shtml

vCash
    Is Donovan officially retired? Because he is not on the US team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Is Donovan officially retired? Because he is not on the US team.
    Not in the least. But because of his soccer "sabbatical" and frankly because of his recent performance, he was left off by Klinsi. He is however on the Gold Cup roster, which is essentially our B-Team.

Klinsi is making Donovan earn his way back on the team. But I expect that Landon may be back on the main team in time for the September qualifiers.

vCash
    Malta won their first WC qualifier in 20 years or there abouts when they beat Armenia 1-0. Here are some more results:

Scotland beat Croatia 1-0
    Italy and Czech Republic tied 0-0 (Balotelli was given a red card)
    Portugal beat Russia 1-0 ( Portugal is back on top and Israel is 3rd),
    Ghana beat Sudan 3-1,
    Venezuela and Bolivia tied 1-1 ( Venezuela is in the 4th qualifying spot for now),
    Ukraine beat Montenegro 4-0
    Austria beat Sweden 2–1

P.S.
    There are about six more games to be played today with the USA and Argentina among others in action. Not against each other of course.

vCash
    Argentina and Columbia drew 0-0
    Belgium beat Serbia 2-1

vCash
    USA 2 - 1 Jamaica! Congratulations to the USA. Basic cable means I was not able to watch the game although I would have loved too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post

Klinsi is making Donovan earn his way back on the team. But I expect that Landon may be back on the main team in time for the September qualifiers.
    With Kinsman I wouldn't be too sure. He doesn't care for a name, all he cares for is performance, so if Donovan wants to get back onto the team he better get his act together! Some of the German players in 2006 had to learn that the hard way.

Happy that the US won against Jamaica! Way to go!

vCash
    USA 2 - 1 Jamaica! Congratulations to the USA. Basic cable means I was not able to watch the game although I would have loved too.
    We just got BEin locally in English a few months ago. It had, and has, a ton of the WC qialifiers in the Americas on this weekend.

I watched most of the game, off and on. I did watch all of the last 30 minute specifically to see if they could hold a 1-0 lead for a win. They couldn't. Gave up a goal in the 89th minute off of a free kick. One more piss poor piece of defending by the US. Then, in the 92nd minute, came the shocker of this hex when the US scored for the 2-1 win on an equally poor bit of defending by Jamaica. They learned that you don't leave young Mr Evans alone inside of the area, because if he gets the ball and has a second to get set he can hurt you. Did he ever.

USA's 1st ever win at "The Office" give us 3 huge away points and moves us to 2nd place on the Hex behind Mexico. We now have 2 home games that we could very well win and get 9 points out of the 3 games in this June set. I am feeling much, much better about our chances of going to Brazil next year. I now feel that it is possible.

NJL

ETA: One more interesting point about this match: Klinsmann started the same 11 v Jamaica that started v Germany. This is the 1st time he has ever started the same 11 in any of the matches he's coached since he took over the team. Every other game has had a different starting 11.
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 06-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Will watch the Brazil vs France match tomorrow live at the stadium!!!
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    There is a nasty little rumour going around saying that Rooney maybe transferring to Chelsea. Can't possibly be true could it.?!

vCash
    There is a nasty little rumour going around saying that Rooney maybe transferring to Chelsea. Can't possibly be true could it.?!
    That would be like Derek Jeter playing for the Red Sox!!!

vCash
    USA v Pan. & Mex v CRC = no score yet. Argentina draws 1-1 with Ecuador. Uruguay leads Venezuela 1-0.

vCash
    USMNT scores a very satisfying 2-0 over Panama in a rockin' Seattle! Team played very well, and Jozy Altidore is finally becoming the sniper we'd all hoped for.

El Tri on the other hand drew for the 5th! time in qualifying and second 0-0 draw at Azteca. It's likely after this set of game that they may change coaches. 1-0-5 just isn't going to cut it.

vCash
    Venezuela is now in sixth place in South America and tied with Uruguay who has an extra game to play. And the USA is now tops in Concacaf qualifying group!

vCash
    Messi is being investigated in Spain for tax evasion.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22877408

vCash
    No offense to Uruguay and it's fans but I would dearly love to see Venezuela make 5th place in South America for that playoff spot.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soc...south-america/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    USMNT scores a very satisfying 2-0 over Panama in a rockin' Seattle! Team played very well, and Jozy Altidore is finally becoming the sniper we'd all hoped for.

El Tri on the other hand drew for the 5th! time in qualifying and second 0-0 draw at Azteca. It's likely after this set of game that they may change coaches. 1-0-5 just isn't going to cut it.
    Plus, Honduras beat Jamaica 1-0. For all of Mexico's grief they have 8 points and are 3rd in the hex with 4 games left. Very much in contention for Brazil '14 and the top spot in the Hex. It's a long way from being over.

At the halfway point of the Hex:

USA............................10 Pts...+2 GD
    CRC..............................8 Pts...+2 "
    MEX..............................8 Pts...+1 "
    HON..............................7 Pts.....0 "
    PAN...............................6 Pts.....0 "
    JAM...............................2 Pts....-6 GD

Mexico & Jamaica have played 6 games, all the rest have played 5. Next Tuesday = USA v HON at Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, UT & Costa Rica v Panama. There will not be any more WCQ in CONCACAF until September 6th.

NJL (..things may change when round 6 is finished. We'll see........)

vCash
    Now for a blast from the past... Former USMNT coach Bob Bradley is making quite the impression in Egypt it would seem. His nickname is the "American Pharaoh". He has Egypt close to qualifying for only their 3rd ever WC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/14/sp...ance.html?_r=0

vCash
    I'm very hopeful of Colombia's chances, but since I'm used to eternal disappointment from them, I'm still crossing every body part I did buy a team shirt, though!

Picking Barranquilla as a host city was a good choice, and I'm not saying that because I'm from there, but mostly because it is so disgustingly hot and humid (90F and humidity in the 80% range), that teams used to playing in the mountains want to die. Hell, I'm from there and running a few blocks makes me want to die.

vCash
    Some controversy in Brazil and protests are brewing over the bill for next year's WC. Non the less the Confederations Cup continues and today Tahiti plays Nigeria. This match is going to be the footie equivalent of a blood bath. However it is nice to see smaller lesser known footie nations get some badly needed exposure.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast