Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Tea thread

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I might hunt that one down - I'm not a dessert person but had a salted caramel dessert at a restaurant last week that was absolutely to die for!

Moved on to iced Moroccan mint for the afternoon

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Wild Blackberry tea.
    Love that one too. What brand?

In the fall/winter, I'm all about vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon and plum teas, but in spring/summer, I love fruit and flavored black teas including peach, currant, passionfruit, mango, blueberry and blackberry.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Love that one too. What brand?
    Bear River Tea Company. My daughter sent it to me for Christmas, from Omaha, so I don't know where she got it.

It is yummy.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    There is a little fast food place here in NC that serves green tea as one of their options. I've never seen that in fast food. I get their Thanksgiving sandwich (turkey, cranberry sauce, lettuce, tomato on a bun) with blueberry slaw and the green tea.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    My college dorm mates were the ones who taught me that tea was more than [something] Rose that I grew up with. We always had a box of Twinings assorted to counter post-lunch comas. My old roommates brought me a cannister of tea for the holidays, and it was Lapsang Souchong, a heavily smoky tea. It brought back memories of college, because we always had a collection of LS teabags, the one flavor in the assorted box that no one would drink.

On a trip to visit Ottawa, cygnus, Mr. cygnus, cygnet and I went to the Fairmont for tea. I was going to order Earl Grey, but cygnus gave me that parental "You are so disappointing" look , and I had their recommended Maple Maple, a vanilla-y tea, instead, and I've been drinking it ever since. I still love Earl Grey, and also Chai with milk, and iced, jasmine tea.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Here's something to do with the lapsang souchong tea no one wants: use it to flavour edamame. All you do is steam a bag of frozen whole pods of edamame in an inch of water for about 5 minutes, then toss them with olive oil, one tsp of sea salt and one tsp of tea (about a bag). Easy healthy snack and fun to serve others as everyone loves it but no one can guess what it is.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    That's ingenious -- thank you!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I'm flipped through the table of contents in the New England Journal of Medicine this afternoon and thought of this thread when I saw an article titled, "Skeletal Fluorosis Due to Excess Tea Drinking."
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post
    I'm flipped through the table of contents in the New England Journal of Medicine this afternoon and thought of this thread when I saw an article titled, "Skeletal Fluorosis Due to Excess Tea Drinking."
    I saw an article about that yesterday - but I think that she drank an incredible amount of very strong tea if the article is correct.
    http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/too-much-t...222359924.html

From the article:
    "A 47-year-old Michigan woman developed a bone disease rarely seen in the U.S. after she drank a pitcher of tea made from at least 100 tea bags daily, for 17 years, researchers report."

A HUNDRED tea bags daily?!?
    Somehow, I don't think your average tea-drinker is coming even close to that.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I have a bit of a cold and today I bought a box of Stash lemon & ginger. With a squirt of honey and my throat is very happy.

They have Yogi tea in my grocery store, they keep it in the hippie dippie granola aisle instead of the regular coffee & tea aisle.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    What is "dirty chai"?

It doesn't sound appetizing.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I think at Starbucks, a dirty chai is a chai tea latte with a shot of espresso in it (so sayeth a friend I work with; have never tried it myself)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    What is "dirty chai"?

It doesn't sound appetizing.
    You are not a fan of dirty martinis, I take it.

Dirty chai sounds good to me if that's what it is, Kasey.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    What's a dirty martini? the non-drinker asks...

espresso in tea? that doesn't sound appetizing...

I guess next time I go to the coffee place I'll ask if that's what it is for them.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    I just came back from a visit to a friend's house. She had about a dozen teas that she'd ordered from Harney & Sons. I didn't try all of them but the ones I did try were good. On the drive home, I stopped at a quilt shop and there was a tea shop several doors down. I bought Le Marche Spice Flavored Black tea a blend of ginger/peach.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I brought a pitcher of iced Citrus Tea from Harney and Sons to Easter dinner today, and their vanilla is one of my faves.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    What's a dirty martini? the non-drinker asks...
    A dirty martini is just like a regular martini but with a teaspoon of the brine from the olive jar.

espresso in tea? that doesn't sound appetizing...

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I think at Starbucks, a dirty chai is a chai tea latte with a shot of espresso in it (so sayeth a friend I work with; have never tried it myself)
    *barf*

Picked up an obscure brand from Scotland on the weekend - heather tea. Will report back when I've tried it

vCash
    I'm a big fan of Wissotzky Tea - their Peach tea is increeeedible and so is the Raspberry and Mandarin Blood Orange.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Woke up a bit queasy today--1/3 of that dirty martini did me in--I am ridiculously light weight when it comes to alcohol. Anyway, drinking tea in the morning helps me settle my stomach.

I have a variety of black, green and white teas, no Earl Grey (not big on that one). Which one would you recommend for the morning-after (a pathetic sip of martini)?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast