Mad for mangelwurzels
    Lub xyoo ntawm tus nplaim yog hais txog mus pib
    vCash

Long-lost wedding ring found on carrot

This story made me smile, especially at the thought of the ring going right through one of her sheep.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16374283

A Swedish woman has discovered her wedding ring on a carrot growing in her garden, 16 years after she lost it, says a newspaper.

Lena Paahlsson had long ago lost hope of finding the ring, which she designed herself, reports Dagens Nyheter.

The white-gold band, set with seven small diamonds, went missing in her kitchen in 1995, she told the paper.

Although the ring no longer fits, she hopes to have it enlarged so she can wear it again.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Adorable! Thanks for posting.

vCash
    Nice story!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    So the diamonds on that ring were only 1 carrot?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing. That is amazing! That's one of those things that will probably never happen again in a million years.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Beach Bum
    vCash
    No diamonds, it was 24 carrot gold.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

This made me actually laugh out loud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    No diamonds, it was 24 carrot gold.
    The story did mention some diamonds.

"....The white-gold band, set with seven small diamonds, went missing in her kitchen in 1995, she told the paper."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Or maybe the carrot was only one ring?

Cute story - made me smile.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Today, I found an engagement ring wedged into the corner of a shopping cart at PetSmart. I turned it in to the manager. I hope the person who lost it thought to call there.

vCash
    What a delightful sotry! It's really incredible.

vCash
    Best thread title in a very long time.

vCash
    My mom has lost wedding rings at least twice, including one in a manner very similar to this one. I sent her the article and told her not to lose hope of finding them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    My mom has lost wedding rings at least twice, including one in a manner very similar to this one. I sent her the article and told her not to lose hope of finding them
    A friend of mine lost her engagement diamond (just the stone, not the ring), they looked for it for about a year, and then it was replaced. About 6 years later, they were taking sweaters out of an attic box to donate to goodwill and the diamond tumbled to the floor while refolding them. They ended up having it set into her husband's college ring, since she had a much bigger replacement at that time. Everyone was shocked to have found it.

My Mom lost her wedding band at a church picnic, we had 20 people searching for hours. It was found in a flower bed three years later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    A friend of mine lost her engagement diamond (just the stone, not the ring), they looked for it for about a year, and then it was replaced. About 6 years later, they were taking sweaters out of an attic box to donate to goodwill and the diamond tumbled to the floor while refolding them. They ended up having it set into her husband's college ring, since she had a much bigger replacement at that time. Everyone was shocked to have found it.

My Mom lost her wedding band at a church picnic, we had 20 people searching for hours. It was found in a flower bed three years later.
    Incredible! From now on, I am going to be an optimist and never give up when it comes to 'lost' items.

I have my own story. Years ago, at work, I was washing my hands in the rest room and my gold ring studded with multiple precious stones (diamond, ruby, saphhire, emerald, coral, etc.) slipped off my finger and fell into the pipe (there was nothing to block that opening). I panicked, but hurriedly I wrote on a napkin "Do not Use" and placed it in the sink. I also told the other person in the rest room to not use that sink. Then I went outside and called the maintenance people to see if they could get the ring out, and they did. I was lucky that nobody used that sink, or I would have lost the ring forever. I don't believe I would have found it years later.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have gotten my engagement ring out of the drain more than one, but at home - easier to control the use.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    I found a diamond earring in the dryer in my old apartment building's laundry room. The laundry room was shared by five apartments so I went to the one that seemed the most likely one for the earring's owner to be in. She was very happy to get the earring back. She told me she'd been out at a bar and, on the way home, put her earrings in her pants pocket and forgot they were in there when she did her laundry. She found one when she took her out her laundry but thought the other was lost for good. We think it might have gone under the agitator in the washing machine and then came out and got mixed up in my laundry. She said she had searched the washer and dryer thoroughly before giving up.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F