Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Misha Ge tweeted yesterday that he decided to withdraw from this week's Salt Lake Senior B - he received his travel documents too late to make his travel arrangements. You can read his full message here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rmc3hk
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From the March 2013 interview (Misha Ge later relocated to Beijing to live and train this past summer):
    Interview excerpts:
    He often has difficulties obtaining visas, mainly from the countries of the European Union (EU). These issues take a lot of time and weigh heavily on the skater's nerves. It is difficult to say what the real reasons are for the EU consulates to have to double or triple check his identity. (He has an American visa in his passport, which should make traveling abroad easier.) Who knows, maybe the staff at European embassies cannot figure out how it is that one can be born in Russia, compete for Uzbekistan and live in California?

Icenetwork.com: As any other athlete, you travel a lot to participate in skating competitions. Despite the fact that you have a U.S. visa in your passport, you often have difficulty obtaining visas of EU countries. In your vision, what are the reasons for this?

Ge: The issue about travel documents always takes a lot of time and causes a lot of headaches for me. It's hard to say the reason why it's always hard to get a visa for competition. Every consulate or embassy has its own rules for that, and you never know what to expect from them, especially when you live in a foreign country and try to get a visa for another country. I wish one day in the future we, worldwide athletes, will have some kind of "Athletes Travel Passport," which will help a lot, but I think it'll be very difficult to make it happen. But I will hope!
    Unfortunately, Ge had to withdraw from last week's Cup of Nice due to more visa/travel paperwork issues. This was the series of tweets on Oct. 10 that explained what happened:

Part1-Im so lucky with my documents again ..,Nice Cup Competition applied,hotel
    reserved,ticked bought...and now visa problem again...why..

Part2-My Federation asked French Federation for invitation over month ago but
    just few days ago we just receive it

Part3-then here in China was holidays for over a week so nothing work here.
    Today went to French embassy but they do not do visas in embassy

Part4 - so they send as to one place where doing many countries visas, i prepare
    two nights all docs but they said you need more docs online

Part5-and they said we will need at least 10-14 working days,and there no
    expedite-which is mean even if we get it competition already start

Part6 - now having also difficulties to cancel reservation of hotel and (not
    returnable) ticket , hope will make it work .

Part7 - second competition and having Visa Issue .....-_-......seems like i'm
    one of most Lucky* Skater with Visa and Documents issues -.-

Part8 - But keeping myself this way and following it "What's not happening , is
    happen for good reasons. And we will see it later" #Fight
    If only China would invite him to replace Kevin Reynolds at this week's Cup of China in Beijing where he currently lives...
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Poor Misha. I love his enthusiasm and hope he gets a chance to skate at Cup of China.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    Really! Why not!! Misha there competing would be grrrreat!!!
    PLUSHENKO YOU ARE ALWAYS THE BEST

vCash
    Is it possible? The jury is still out? I would like to see him on COC!! I can't wait the decision!!!

vCash
    No, Ge is not in the starting order
    StN. Name Nation
    Warm-Up Group 1
    1 Yi WANG
    CHN
    2 Peter LIEBERS
    GER
    3 Nan SONG
    CHN
    4 Maxim KOVTUN
    RUS
    Warm-Up Group 2
    5 Han YAN
    CHN
    6 Takahiko KOZUKA
    JPN
    7 Richard DORNBUSH
    USA
    8 Florent AMODIO
    FRA
    9 Denis TEN
    KAZ

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the Grand Prix Assignments thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Ge replied to one of my tweets and said it was an ISU decision, not China's Federation as the LOC.
    Here's the exchange of tweets:
    @Sk8Prince Absolute travesty that the Chinese Federation didn't invite you to fill the withdrawn spot.

@Skittl1321 Chinese federation said its not decide by them , they listen ISU decision .

@Sk8Prince Okay. I'll shift my blame to the ISU then. I wish you got to skate.

@Skittl1321 well lets not blame anyone , but things happening . Thank you for support

vCash
    He seriously has the best attitude. I can't imagine how frustrating getting to/into competitions must be for him.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting good news from the GP Assignments thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    It's official: Misha Ge is listed for COR on the ISU site!
    Link: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4904 (he replaced Kevin Reynolds)

Rostelecom Cup will be Ge's Grand Prix debut and he tweeted that he's been working on new programs:
    Its officially : today we finished Choreo of completely New SP and FP. It was long way in process, but happy to get it done. Choreo by MG

Two Complete New Programs done by same young Choreographer as before : Mr. Misha Ge P.S.Also thanks for many people opinions and advices!

P.S. Today was first time did full run-trough of New*Programs,and i feel that i will need twice more stamina then last year (more difficult)
    ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Misha Ge has been tweeting:

Just today did 1st full run of New*programs. 12 Days left to #CupOfRussia Will need to #PutItToTheLimit.
    https://twitter.com/Sk8Prince/status/398839072082653185

"Guess what i received? " #CupOfRussia "Thanks everyone for this opportunity!" MG pic.twitter.com/Ccgefro0u3
    https://twitter.com/Sk8Prince/status/398839857084387328
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-09-2013 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    Wow Misha at COR?

vCash

Banned Member
    vCash
    While I do applaud Misha's carefree approach in his skating, I am not the biggest fan of his overall look, from the choreography to fashion, hair and make-up choices. But, he's fun, and adds that to the competitions.

vCash
    I wasn't much of a fan before, but now I am after PML at Misha's FS music cuts

Also love he didn't give a rat's *ss and took a music deduction on purpose It's great how the judges dinged him for that, but heaped the positive GOE on him for that footwork sequence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12