Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Interview with Misha Ge: "I'm from Earth"

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Misha Ge: Since I was a kid, I followed my parents to so many different countries. They've been invited to work with many national skating teams of different countries. When people ask me, "Misha, where are you from?" it's always hard for me to answer.

I was born in Moscow, then traveled between Russia and China until I was 10. After that, I moved to China and lived there about eight years, including such places as Hong Kong and Taiwan. After that, I lived in Uzbekistan for a while and then moved to the United States, where I've lived for the last three years. It's hard to explain all those things to people, so I'm just saying, "I'm from Earth."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    He may be "from earth" but I think his skating style is just heavenly! Can't wait to see him at Worlds!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Wishing him the very best at Worlds.
    Misha seems such a mature and focused person. No doubt being a "citizen of the world" has something to do with that.
    I hope his approach and ability to relate to the public brings new audiences to skating, as well.

vCash
    I'm really looking forward to see him at Worlds.

He's not the most polished skater out there, but he's so enthusiastic and a breath of fresh air. With some it sometimes feel like a job (which can be understandable actually) - with him, it's always about having fun and involving the audience, without neglecting the technical content either. And you can tell, from his twitter to his interviews, that he has a genuine love for his sport - big respect for that!

Hope he'll the way only he can

PS: I just have to at the comments re: Plushenko's artistry. There's some familiar stuff in there.....

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I didn't know he's had problems with obtaining visas for competitions, or that he had competed for China at one time. Bizarre! He was definitely one of the highlights of the 2012 4CCs, his SP was amazing. Hope he does well at Worlds
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    My god, and I thought my family moved round alot when I was a child

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Is this who you are talking about?

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...3810/image.jpg

He looks quite fit.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Is this who you are talking about?

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profil...3810/image.jpg

He looks quite fit.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    He tweets about his visa issues when he has them, and a number of times he's received them at the last minute and has to submit extra paperwork. For a while this fall, visa were his part-time job.

I wish there was a fast-track system for athletes, like NEXUS or GOES, where they could be background-checked in depth and then get clearance by submitting incremental info only.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I just love his enthusiasm. He's so cute on twitter and always seems to appreciate other skaters and the fans so much. I wish him well at Worlds.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Misha answers questions from Japanese fans at 4CC. He reads off the questions and answers them in a half hour video interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

He's a very personable and charismatic young man. His description of his relationship with Plushy is very sweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Misha answers questions from Japanese fans at 4CC. He reads off the questions and answers them in a half hour video interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

He's a very personable and charismatic young man. His description of his relationship with Plushy is very sweet.
    Thank you for the video. I like this guy! Another interview in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKTDAxldJ8

vCash
    Thank you for these videos. He is very lovable.

vCash
    And now it would appear that Ge is from Beijing. So I take it that he is no longer working with Frank Carroll?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    And now it would appear that Ge is from Beijing. So I take it that he is no longer working with Frank Carroll?
    THX! Good for him! Interesting informations...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    He hasn't been working with Frank Carroll since late summer/early fall and had been training with his dad in LA.

vCash
    His travels remind me of Lucinda Ruh: Born in Switzerland but lived in Japan, China, Canada, the US, and I'm probably missing a few others.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Wow, interesting. I wonder if he's training with the Chinese national team, or at a private rink. Maybe his parents got coaching appointments in Beijing at some of the private clubs?

vCash
    Interview in July 2013: http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2013/...-misha-ge.html
    Q: What about jumping? How are things going in that regard?

A: I came to China for few months for ice shows, TV activities, entertainment practice and to visit grandparents. I'm here training in good condition with some of Chinese national team athletes and coaches. The working of difficulties is on triple axel and quads right now. I will do my best to work on it and improve but we will do "one step at the time" little by little to go up.
    Misha Ge (UZB) tweeted the link to his FS (Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op.43 by Sergei Rachmaninoff) from last month's Asian Open comp. in Bangkok: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QMAZ5eFdas

His SP video link from the same competition (re-posting from the earlier programs thread):
    Misha Ge (UZB) has uploaded his SP video from the Asian Open and written an explanation to go with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V5SkJlYnY0
    An excerpt:
    About this Program : "This Program is very "Special" to me and to skate it .
    When i was 4 years old it is first song that i start move and skate artistically to music
    ( that when my parents and my grandfather see my artistic sides in first time )
    Adagio in G Minor is also one of most deepest song from all classical musics .
    It shows drama , passion , pain , love , heart-touching , and many things that we feel inside our hearts .
    I wanted to skate this music for few years , and i think now its a time to skate it.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

having a nice day
    vCash
    That's a very nice sp. Especially the the second half. Most expressive. Lp not available on mobile so can't comment. But he seems to be going in the right direction to potentially medal at worlds. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast