Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Tessa's dress from the Finnstep at 4CC may be my favorite ever dress worn by her. They had a bobble or two, to be expected given she was coming off of surgery and how difficult it must have been on her legs to learn this particular dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHgSYl7pvk

vCash
    And the famous Rubleva & Shefer 2009 Euros CD :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwAgMg09v8

vCash
    I found his mullet to be far more newsworthy than her peep show

vCash
    That Youtube video has almost 2 million views!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    That Youtube video has almost 2 million views!

I think we have the answer of how to bring more expectators to Ice Skating

vCash
    It was similar to when they brought the Golden Waltz in as the Pattern part of the SD. I felt that worked well because it is complex and has lots of content. When they did Rhumba the dance is so short I didn't feel it sat well within the SD theme.
    I think just the opposite. IMO almost none of the Golden Waltz short dances worked as dances precisely because the GW pattern was so long. The pattern steps and other elements took up so much of the alloted time that there wasn't any time left for good choreography. All we got were element after element with brief connecting sequences. It did not help that so many teams chose the completely incongruous tango rhythm to go with it. I think this subsequent years' SDs, collectively, are much more successful as dances.

The GW pattern takes a minute, the rhumba about 30 seconds, and Yankee Polka looks like about 33 -35 seconds. One pattern of Finnstep takes about 40 seconds.

vCash
    Got a special treat this morning. Our senior dance team are training with Jimmy Young and I got to stand in on the practise session to have a look at the dance close up with regards to learning it for judging. Really interesting. Some of the steps are incredibly difficult so you can see it is going to be a challenge for the skaters and judges. Also with the key points it is going to quite difficult for the tech panels to be able to pick up those steps because it is so quick.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    When are the key points usually released by the ISU?

From this Merriman/O'Brien article that was published before Worlds: http://corporate.olympics.com.au/new...-silver-lining
    “Although we are disappointed and now Worlds is out of reach, we have moved on. We are happy to have the head start on next season and have made pretty good progress so far,” Danielle said.

“We have broken down the Finnstep Short Dance for the next season and doing a lot of exercises in order to have every edge in the dance correct before they [the ISU] even release the key points.”

“I must say it's going pretty well and I'm surprised it’s moving so quickly. We can already skate a fairly good, full pattern,” Danielle said.

“Our goals have been readjusted without worlds in the equation and will skate our own ‘mini-worlds’ here in Detroit, aiming to skate a clean Finnstep to the music. We’ve been close to achieving that before Worlds even starts.”
    ETA: Never mind - the key points are included in ISU Communication no. 1782 (March 5, 2013) so it looks like O'Brien was quoted before this came out:
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4351
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-21-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    And the famous Rubleva & Shefer 2009 Euros CD :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwAgMg09v8
    With the 3-minute break rule, could she now stop and get a safety pin or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    With the 3-minute break rule, could she now stop and get a safety pin or something?
    Nope; wardrobe-related stops still incur a deduction.

vCash
    Olivier Schoenfelder will be demonstrating the Finnstep with Tiffany Zahorski to the ISU in London this coming week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post
    Olivier Schoenfelder will be demonstrating the Finnstep with Tiffany Zahorski to the ISU in London this coming week.
    OMG, I hope there are videos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I f this was posted later I would of thought it was April Fool
    This will be interesting but why not skate with Isabelle ?

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Thanks everyone for the info, this just makes me miss the CD more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I f this was posted later I would of thought it was April Fool
    It's not too late to announce it as a partnership Certainly Tiffany deserves better than ISU demonstrations.

vCash
    : Well I was hoping, but afraid to ask. Tiffany is fabulous. I hope she has a partner soon

vCash
    Thanks for letting us know. I hope she can find a new partner soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Me too.

vCash
    Another communication for Ice dance, including the 2014/15 requirements for the SD.

http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/p...0.html?id=1301

For senior it will be a Spanish theme with the Paso Doble. For Junior it will be Latin theme with the Silver Samba done as the pattern.

They have said with the Paso it is only one sequence followed by a Step sequence. Not sure what they are trying to achieve with this.

The have also published a list of Spanish Dance Rhythms - includes the Fandango, Bolero and Jota (never heard of that one).
    http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page...-0-file,00.pdf
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 04-06-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    They have said with the Paso it is only one sequence followed by a Step sequence. Not sure what they are trying to achieve with this.
    Yeah, I was just looking at that. WTF is a "Partial Step Sequence"? And why do they require it to happen right after the Paso?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast