Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    Girls, Girls, Girls is another favorite.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Girls, Girls, Girls is another favorite.
    As much as I really enjoyed Grishuk/Platov's OD to that, they need to retire that too. I think I may have liked G/P's version because it had no lyrics, so we could just hear the bombastic beat.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    What's the off-the-wall music that works for Quickstep?
    ballroom blitz works

Blergh
    vCash
    Can someone do a quickstep to "hooker on crack"?

Clueless American
    vCash
    Has it been that long since the Dancing Fool OD year? Gosh that makes me feel old!

But I do love the quickstep so I look forward to this SD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I asked a coach at my rink about how they did choctaws as figures. Discovered that choctaws were not part of figures, they were only ever part of ice dance. Funny how the skaters are now doing them in step sequences to get the levels.
    They are also part of the Skills test in Canada. I can't remember which level, probably jr or sr silver. I believe they also appear in the gold test.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Would "Peppy and George" from The Artist work?

vCash
    Choctaws are also an element on the US Figure Skating Junior Moves in the Field test

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlyon60 View Post
    Choctaws are also an element on the US Figure Skating Junior Moves in the Field test
    ISI requires them as part of the Freeskate 5 test.

vCash
    I love the Quickstep ! And Finnstep is probably really interesting to include in a whole choreo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I love the Quickstep ! And Finnstep is probably really interesting to include in a whole choreo.
    I think it will work well. It was similar to when they brought the Golden Waltz in as the Pattern part of the SD. I felt that worked well because it is complex and has lots of content. When they did Rhumba the dance is so short I didn't feel it sat well within the SD theme. At least with the Finnstep there will be some meat to it.

It will be interesting from a judging and technical panel side though, because none of the judges will have done it themselves.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I think it will work well. It was similar to when they brought the Golden Waltz in as the Pattern part of the SD. I felt that worked well because it is complex and has lots of content. When they did Rhumba the dance is so short I didn't feel it sat well within the SD theme. At least with the Finnstep there will be some meat to it.

It will be interesting from a judging and technical panel side though, because none of the judges will have done it themselves.
    Absolutely, that's why I think finnstep will be interesting. Although I love Quickstep, I'm not sure it will be as good as Finnstep to include.

vCash
    Well at least I have my DVD of when they did the Finnstep as the CD at worlds that time (can't remember which year - was it 2009?).
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Well at least I have my DVD of when they did the Finnstep as the CD at worlds that time (can't remember which year - was it 2009?).
    Paso Doble was Worlds 2009

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Paso Doble was Worlds 2009
    Europeans 2009 in Helsinky was the last (and only) time that it was executed as compulsory dance

vCash
    A perfect music piece for the Finnstep Short Dance, from Pennies from Heaven:
    LOVE IS GOOD FOR ANYTHING THAT AILS YOU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARlbjtrUAA

vCash
    There has been a lot of discussion in the skating world about how the Finnstep will decide who will win Olympics. I posted a comment that Scott made a year ago, with regards to that. With so many places where things can go wrong and it being a very new dance, that barely anyone has performed more than once, it is definitely going to be a tester.

SD at Olys next year might be as exciting as 06 in Turin, where literally everyone was crumbling. Having said that I hope they choose the key points well, I didnt think the key point choices for the Yankee were that intelligent this year. Also I hope there will be a seminar for the judges on the Finnstep again (although I doubt). I remember a judge saying just before Euros 09, none of us really know what we are doing in this dance. Obviously it was said very tongue n' cheek but the judges and the skaters are not very use it, hopefully the Grand Prix season before will be give everyone involved a bit more clarity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    Europeans 2009 in Helsinky was the last (and only) time that it was executed as compulsory dance
    4CC also used the Finnstep that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    4CC also used the Finnstep that year.
    Ah that might be where I have copies of it from. I know it had the Australians competing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Pattern Dance: Two Sections of Finnstep
    - Section 1: Steps # 1-27
    - Section 2: Steps # 28-70
    skated one after the other, Section 1 followed by Section 2, with Step # 1 skated on the Judges’ side.
    Thank god for that!

It's significantly easier to perform the second section if you can precede it with cross-overs or progressives.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast