Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

vCash
    Hmmm... anyone any idea whether it is confirmed that Patrick will move to Detroit to train? The last impression I get from his interview is that it's still only a consideration?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

moving right along
    vCash
    Well...while waiting in line at US Customs in Chicago, Kathy Johnson told us that Patrick will continue training in Detroit at Camerlengo and Krylova's rink. She also mentioned that she is working with other skaters there (including Weaver and Poje). But if Patrick isn't firm about it himself, then I guess it isn't confirmed.

vCash
    ^^^Thank you LadyNit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    A psychologist, not a psychiatrist. Big difference.
    Sorry, but psychiatric treatment can help develop a strong psyche too. They treat more than just the seriously mentally ill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Well...while waiting in line at US Customs in Chicago, Kathy Johnson told us that Patrick will continue training in Detroit at Camerlengo and Krylova's rink. She also mentioned that she is working with other skaters there (including Weaver and Poje). But if Patrick isn't firm about it himself, then I guess it isn't confirmed.
    Interesting that she called it "Camerlengo and Krylova's rink," rather than Jason's and Yuka's rink or even Detroit Skating Club, which is how singles skaters and coaches might refer to it. Maybe those were your words, but if they were hers, it suggests where she sees Patrick and herself fitting in, particularly if she referenced working with Weaver and Poje. Not a bad thing, just interesting.
    Last edited by just wondering; 03-25-2013 at 12:06 PM.

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    Interesting that she called it "Camerlengo and Krylova's rink," rather than Jason's and Yuka's rink or even Detroit Skating Club, which is how singles skaters and coaches might refer to it. Maybe those were your words, but if they were hers, it suggests where she sees Patrick and herself fitting in, particularly if she referenced working with Weaver and Poje. Not a bad thing, just interesting.
    Those are MY WORDS. She said "in Detroit" and mentioned that she was working with other skaters there (W/P for one). Since I worship Camerlengo's choreo skills, I choose to think of DSC as his rink. (Me = not much of a fan of Jason and Yuka's coaching lately.)

vCash
    This AFP newswire article post-WTT titled "Chan switches focus to Olympics" includes quotes from Patrick that confirms he intends to train in Detroit: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...focus-olympics
    "Hopefully I can start the season well by training in an environment where I'm happy and that will be in Detroit," Chan said after falling on three occasions during his free skate at the World Team Trophy which ended Saturday.

"A very positive environment is going to help my training. I don't think there is anything new I need to do technically.

"Really all the work is done and it's just really about competing and repetition and consistent training," Chan, who was fifth in his Olympic debut in Vancouver 2010, added.
    "So next year, it's going to be great because I'll be in Detroit longer and hopefully get more quality training throughout the season."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It won't matter where he trains if he keeps that sham of a coach he has. He needs a real skating coach because he cannot do it himself even though he thought he could this year.

vCash
    Well, he'll win anyway, so it doesn't matter how he trains.

vCash
    I appreciate your posting style for any posts that involve Patrick Chan. It's a timesaver for me. Since you always post exactly the same thing, just restating your comments in different words, I don't actually have to read them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    I appreciate your posting style for any posts that involve Patrick Chan. It's a timesaver for me. Since you always post exactly the same thing, just restating your comments in different words, I don't actually have to read them.
    Likewise.

Isn't that essentially the way things work around here? People talk about the same things over and over again reiterating the same points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post

That's a good one, VIETgrlTerifa.

Any of Takahashi, Fernandez or Hanyu could have easily beaten Chan at Worlds with two strong skates. Unfortunately, all the three of them were quite far in London from their season best scores. It's ironic because these three skaters train under real figure skating coaches, not some obscure modern dance instructors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It won't matter where he trains if he keeps that sham of a coach he has. He needs a real skating coach because he cannot do it himself even though he thought he could this year.
    If this season isn't a lesson to him I don't know what is.

Any good technical coaches around Detroit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Win what? Because he didn't win the Japan Open, Skate Canada, the GPF or lead the men at the World Team Trophy. That might suggest, for some observers, that skaters can beat him. What do you observe that makes him unstoppable?

vCash
    Patrick better hope the top Men next season at the Olympics bomb like they did this season at Worlds or he's done for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Patrick better hope the top Men next season at the Olympics bomb like they did this season at Worlds or he's done for.
    Or maybe he should hope he skates to his potential. The way we know he can. If he does that he doesn't have to worry about how anyone else skates because he will have done all he can and the rest will take care of itself.

vCash
    Article on Chan's plans and his SOI tour debut in Halifax this Friday: http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslif...-olympic-glory
    The skater will keep this year’s short program, Elegie in E Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninoff, that was choreographed by 2008 world champion Jeffrey Buttle, also part of this year’s Stars On Ice tour.

In Toronto, he will work with Wilson on creating a new long program.

Chan says he is planning to shift his training base to Detroit from Colorado Springs, as a number of other Canadian skaters heading to the Olympics train there at the Detroit Skating Club and it will provide a positive environment.

The skater, who set a new world record in the short program at the 2013 World Championships in London last month, plans to work on a quad Salchow over the summer, though he may not include it in competition.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Looking forward to Chan's new LP with Wilson.
    Wondering who will choreo his Ex next season? Dare I wonder? Camerlengo?
    Patrick has a lot of friends training in Detroit and the 'family environment' will do him good and provide an outlet after some hard training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Looking forward to Chan's new LP with Wilson.
    Me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Or maybe he should hope he skates to his potential. The way we know he can. If he does that he doesn't have to worry about how anyone else skates because he will have done all he can and the rest will take care of itself.
    Very well said! I hope he can put down 2 clean skates.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast