Savchenko/ Szolkowy
    Duhamel/ Radford
    Moore-Towers/ Moscovitch
    Denney/ Coughlin
    Vise/ Baldwin
    Kavaguti/ Smirnov
    Pang/ Tong
    Kemp/ King

Dance gets interesting, I think if D/W win, both teams retired. However, if V/M win I think D/W try to make it through the next quad to win in 2022. That being said:

D/W
    V/M
    P/B (french team)
    C/L (italians)
    Z/G (Germans)

Kinda lost when it comes to dance, sorry

Anyways this is completely speculative, I have no "inside information" this is just my opinion. I'm sure at least a good portion of this list will retire, and it will certainly be sad to see them go!
    Last edited by johndockley92; 02-24-2013 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    Kozuka's going to retire after Sochi? Nooooooooo
    Now.. humans are known to change their minds. Look at Plushenko! So I am hopeful the list above may not materialise.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Cappellini/Lanotte are not going to retire after Sochi AFAIK
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Kozuka's going to retire after Sochi? Nooooooooo
    Just a guess, but this one I think could go either way. He'll be 25 after the Olympics, so we'll see.

vCash
    I don't think Moore-Towers/Moscovitch will retire, unless they for some reason don't make the Olympic team, or they win an Olympic medal (I don't think either of those things will happen). I think they'll stay in for a couple more years after at least.

vCash
    After Sochi it will definitely be a changing of the guard in most every discipline that's for sure. I think Men's will be the strongest though after 2014 . Hanyu is only 18 and will stick around then you got Yan Han and the US men like Farris and Brown and Kotvun and probably some 15, 16 year old kids we don't even know about yet who will be at about the right age for the 2018 Olympics..

vCash
    I don't think C/L will retire either.They are currently Italy first team are having a good season and are still young.They can achieve a lot more yet I can't ever see them as world champions but they could do well at Euros like F/S..

vCash
    I hope Kozuka sticks around. I didn't realize he is going to be 25 already. He still seems so young to me. Not that 25 is old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I don't think Moore-Towers/Moscovitch will retire, unless they for some reason don't make the Olympic team, or they win an Olympic medal (I don't think either of those things will happen). I think they'll stay in for a couple more years after at least.
    I think they might, only because of Dylan's age. Though he might not look it, he's pushing 30, and I wonder realistically how much longer he can continue at this high level. That being said, he seems to be in amazing shape, and I hope they do stay on. I absolutely adore both of them!!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Volosozhar/Trankov could retire if they win. I hope not, because they haven't reached their full potential.

vCash
    I think Oda and Suguri are retiring after next year regardless. Not sure about Asada - she might be asked to stay and carry the Japanese Team.

Kim might again go into hiding for some time after Sochi but I can't imagine the Korean Fed not forcing her to come back for 2018. She isn't that old then. She could be what Witt was in 1994.

I hope Pang & Tong are finally retiring.

I wonder about Wagner. Her coach is retiring and it is increasingly clear that she does not have the technical goods (or frankly the PCS materials) to challenge for the top. With 2 National title, a 4CC title and a silver from GPF, she has probably over-achieved already. If she couldn't medal at Worlds last year, it's not going to be easier going forward and she is probably technically maxed out. Gao is only deferring Harvard for one year and Nagasu and Zhang are not looking promising. So perhaps Wagner could hang in there and attempt to make US National podium / world teams with Gold and the bunch of junior girls for a couple more seasons but I doubt she could finally medal at Worlds (her best bet is probably post-Sochi Worlds).

In Europe, I am guessing Joubert and Verner will retire after 2014. I think Makarova and Leonova SHOULD retire, because they have had their chances and the field ahead is just too deep. I think Korpi will retire - or I am not even sure if she could come back from yet another injury. I will be most sad when Kostner retires.

vCash
    I hope V/T don't retire cause they have not reached their potential. Totally forgot about Suguri and Oda, I hope Suguri finally decides to hang 'em up

vCash
    This thread is so depressing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by umronnie View Post
    This thread is so depressing...
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think Oda and Suguri are retiring after next year regardless. Not sure about Asada - she might be asked to stay and carry the Japanese Team.
    I'm assuming you meant Suzuki (Akiko). There's been plenty of discussion about Suguri (Fumie)'s non retirement
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I think quite a lot of the 'bronze medal contender' dance teams will try to hang on for at least one more season, if not one more quad, if the top two teams retire. Or even if only V/M immediately retire. I think, depending on whether or not D/W go to 2014 Worlds, P/B will go for at least another year to get a World gold. C/L are improving with Igor, so I can't see them retiring yet. I think they want a World medal.

Whatever the case, I am going to be clinging to the dancers and begging them not to go.

vCash
    I don't think Duhamel and Radford are retiring. At least that's what I understood from their interview at 4CC. They sounded pretty pumped to continue on after 2014. They think they are just getting started!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bonmil View Post
    I don't think Duhamel and Radford are retiring. At least that's what I understood from their interview at 4CC. They sounded pretty pumped to continue on after 2014. They think they are just getting started!
    Well they have plenty of time to discuss that during all the K&C moments

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Kim might again go into hiding for some time after Sochi but I can't imagine the Korean Fed not forcing her to come back for 2018. She isn't that old then. She could be what Witt was in 1994.
    I think Kim in 2018 could be more competitive than Witt was in 1994. Athletes are having much longer careers these days and the competition format will not change so dramatically as it did between 1988 and 1994.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I don't think C/L will retire either.They are currently Italy first team are having a good season and are still young.
    Huh? Anna is 26 and Luca will be 28. They will be 31 and 35 at the 2018 Games.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast