Bronze- Barazova & Larionov or Duhamel & Radford

Dance:

Gold- Davis & White
    Silver- Virtue & Moir
    Bronze- Barazova & Larionov
    I love this especially B/L winning ice dance medal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I think the problem is that people don't treat an Olympic medal as just such, as a thing you get for winning one competition. People treat it as a result of a 4-year-long work and feel the OGM should go to whoever did the best during the entire olympic cycle. To whoever DESERVES it the most.

I for one always feel for athletes who do great their entire career but just happen to blow it at the Olympics. People remember Olympic champions so much more than World champions. It's like Olympic champions do something better than World champions, while at the end of the day, they just win one competition, they happen to be the best on ONE day (well, two in the case of skaters). Then they get credit for 4 freaking YEARS.

Seriously, sometimes I hate the Olympic Games. For making some athletes look smaller than the others while in reality they are not. And the most painful thing is to hear athletes say they would give up their numerous world/european/other medals for one Olympic medal.
    I agree. Kurt Browning is the prime example.

I actually don't see the Olympics as all that important, but evidently a lot of skaters do. They have trained all these years to be so close to the top and have delivered memorable performances and it would be great if they could have nice closure if that's what they are after.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I am, truly, not attempting to start a train wreck, but...you honestly think they're going to put Abbott on an Olympic team? They didn't even send him to Worlds this year and they could have justified bumping Ross if they REALLY wanted to. That seems...somewhat optimistic. Unless you're assuming that was a warning and he'll miraculously pull it together. (Personally I think they're tired of giving him chances and the writing's on the wall--they're looking at the younger men and thinking more about 2018.)
    This is what I want to happen, not what I think will happen.

vCash
    This is hard. I wish there are enough medals to go around. I will wish for those who have yet to medal at Olympics in recognition of their skating skills and who are unlikely not be around in 2018. Let's spread the love and medals.

Men - Chan, Kozuka, Abbot
    Ladies - Caroline, Kiira Korpi, Akiko Suzuki
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I will wish for those who have yet to medal at Olympics in recognition of their skating skills and who are unlikely not be around in 2018. Let's spread the love and medals.
    I like this approach Yes, it goes without saying that the medals must be awarded to those who deliver the best performance, but I'd be especially happy if the skaters who were not so lucky during the previous Olympics, e.g. Kostner and Joubert, manage to earn a medal. I'm afraid that it's beyond realistic to hope for an individual medal for Brian, so I hope he gets a medal as part of his team. As for Kostner, she is quite likely to medal individually.

My specific wishes:

Men - Takahashi, Chan, Fernandez. I'd also be happy with Hanyu, Kozuka, Abbott, Joubert, Rippon or Brezina medalling.
    Ladies - Kostner, Suzuki, Asada. Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva or Wagner would also be great.
    Pairs - Volosozhar/Trankov, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Duhamel/Radford. I'd also be glad if Stolbova/Klimov, Bazarova/Larionov, Berton/Hotarek and Moore-Towers/Moscovitch do well.
    Dance - Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Bobrova/Soloviev or Ilinykh/Katsalapov. Not so many favorites here But if Meryl and Charlie win gold, I probably won't care much about the rest, though it would be nice to see a Russian team on the podium.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Ladies
    1. Zhang
    2. Nagasu
    3. Wagner

Men
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Daisuke Takahashi
    3. Max Aaron

Pairs
    S/S
    V/T
    Du/Rad

Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Virtue/Moir
    3. Kharis Ralph and Asher Hill

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I actually don't see the Olympics as all that important, but evidently a lot of skaters do. They have trained all these years to be so close to the top and have delivered memorable performances and it would be great if they could have nice closure if that's what they are after.
    ...Michelle Kwan too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly2034 View Post
    Ladies
    1. Zhang
    2. Nagasu
    3. Wagner

Men
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Daisuke Takahashi
    3. Max Aaron

Pairs
    S/S
    V/T
    Du/Rad

Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Virtue/Moir
    3. Kharis Ralph and Asher Hill
    I find your 3rd place pick for dance ... interesting. Great, but interesting. I enjoy those two a great deal and was so disappointed when he took a tumble at Canadians this year.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Ladies
    1. Kim
    2. Kostner
    3. Wagner

Men
    1. Chan
    2. Yan
    3. Joubert

Pairs
    1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
    2. Pang & Tong
    3. Volosozhar & Trankov

Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Pechalat/Bourzat
    3. Davis/White

vCash
    Ladies
    1. Kim
    2. Kostner
    3. Wagner

Men
    1. Chan
    2. Yan
    3. Joubert

Pairs
    1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
    2. Pang & Tong
    3. Volosozhar & Trankov

Dance
    1. Virtue & Moir
    2. Pechalat & Bourzat
    3. Davis & White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I love this especially B/L winning ice dance medal
    Sorry, I sometimes mix the names of them and Bobrova & Soloviev up, perhaps since I go into the same semi coma everytime I am forced to think of either one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

If my favorite skaters win the Olympics great! But if they do not it doesn't change my devotion to them. I like to look at the body of work rather than the number or color of medals. Kurt and Michelle Kwan are my favorite singles skaters. That neither has a gold medal does not matter to me. That said I don't know who my dream podium is yet. I know I want the North American dance teams to do well and I love Mao, Carolina and Alissa C.'s sweetness both on and off the ice. I like sonya71's choices for the men (Chan, Fernandez, Takahashi) and would love to see the Russians do well in pairs. That is it so far.

vCash
    Ladies

Gold:Asada
    Silver:Wagner
    Bronze:Kim or Suzuki (If Kim wins bronze, then Suzuki gets silver at post worlds)
    4th:Kostner

Men

Gold:Takahashi
    Silver:Chan
    Bronze: Plushenko (just to see his reaction LOL )
    4th:Abbott or Joubert

Pairs

Gold:Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Silver:Volosozhar / Trankov
    Bronze:Kavaguti/Smirnov
    4th: Duhamel/Radford or Denney/Coughlin

Dance:

Gold: Davis/White
    Silver:Virtue/Moir
    Bronze: Pechalat/ Bourzat
    4th:Weaver/Poje

Team Event
    1)USA (highly unlikely esp. with men and pair; probably settle for silver or bronze)
    2)Japan (again unlikely esp. with dance and pair)
    3)France (depends on the day)
    4)Canada or Russia(if Plush does well then they will probably settle for 3rd, maybe even 2nd)

vCash
    Okay, if we've got a wish list going, I'll put up:

Men:

1. Takahashi
    2. Fernandez
    3. Hanyu

Ladies:

1. Kim or Asada
    2. Kim or Asada
    3. Suzuki

Dance:

1. Davis/White
    2. Weaver/Poje
    3. Virtue/Moir (Actually, if Tessa were skating alone I'd have her higher. I really can't stand Scott Moir.)

Pairs:

1. V/T
    2. S/S
    3. P/T

Team Event:

1. USA (I said it was a wish list)
    2. Japan
    3. Canada

vCash
    Okay, so back to topic. My (pretty realistic and traditional) wish list:

Men:

1. Chan (really in many ways the best male skater of the most recent years, even though not my favorite, and despite an unsteady season he continues improving)
    2. Takahashi (overall I love him more than Chan, and if next season he will have better programs, I might change my mind about his and Chan's placement)
    3. Hanyu (so talented, but too young and green to be the Olympic champion now - he has much room to grow before that) or Fernandez (would be great to see)

4. Plushenko (would be great if he could still do it) or Fernandez

Ladies:

1. Kim (I like her, and I would love her to go out there, have two great skates and win again in spite of all the naysayers)
    2. Kostner (just love her)
    3. Asada (I like her too, so this is a bit difficult for me - I guess when the time comes all my wishes will depend on the programs and the real performances)

4. Any of Wagner, Suzuki, Sotnikova or Tuktamisheva (I like all of them)

Pairs:

1. Savchenko/Szolkowy or Volosozhar/Trankov (on the one hand, I like S/S, and it would be great if they could end their impressive career with Olympic gold, on the other hand, remembering that Sochi actually was/is the main reason why V/T came together and their main goal... + I like them too. Again, it will depend on the programs and the actual skates)
    2. Savchenko/Szolkowy or Volosozhar/Trankov
    3. Pang/Tong (just so that it all wouldn't have been in vain - for themselves)

4. Kavaguti/Smirnov (I really hope that they'll be able to rehabilitate and reestablish themselves as one of the top pairs)

Dance:

1. Virtue/Moir (just can't help it - I love them)
    2. Davis/White (yes, like them too, but not quite as much as I like V/M)
    3. Pechalat/Bourzat (again, I like them, and I wish them an Olympic medal)

4. Weaver/Poje or Bobrova/Soloviev (or probably Ilinykh/Katsalapov - really depends on the programs for next season)

Team event:

1. Canada (I guess - with Virtue/Moir, Chan, Duhamel/Radford, Weaver/Poje (whom I like too), Moore-Towers/Moskovitch, Kaitlyn Osmond, even Reynolds)
    2. Russia
    3. Japan, France or USA
    Last edited by lauravvv; 03-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.

vCash
    Ladies

Gold Mao
    Silver Carolina
    Bronze Adelina

Men
    Gold Daisuke
    Silver Javier
    Bronze Patric or Yuzuru

Dance
    Gold D/W
    Silver V/M
    Bronze P/B

Pairs
    Gold V/T
    Silver S/S
    Bronz P/T

vCash
    Ladies
    Gold- Gold
    Silver- Kim, Asada, or Kostner
    Bronze-Kim, Asada, or Kostner

Men
    Gold- Hanyu
    Silver -Chan
    Bronze- Javier Sanchez, Takahashi or Kozuka

Pairs- I don't care

Dance
    Gold- Davis/white
    Silver- Moir/virtue

vCash
    Ooooo! I did one of these wish lists a couple years before the last Olympics and 3 of them came true - not something I even thought possible when I made the wishes since there were odds against them winning including injuries and newbiness! The only person I wished to win who didn't last time was Takahashi.

Dance
    1/ Virtue and Moir 2/Davis and White 3/ Pechelat and Bourzat or Bobrova and Soloviev = Also okay with Weaver and Poje on podium

Pairs
    1/Volosozhar and Trankov or Pang and Tong 2/ Whichever of those 2 doesn't win 3/ Savchenko Szolkowy - Also okay with MTM orDR on podium

Women
    1/ Mao Asada 2/Yuna Kim or Akiko Suzuki 3/ The other one - Also okay with Ashley Wagner or Carolina Kostner on the podium

Men - This is the hardest! For 2010 I wanted Takahashi to win so so badly! But I have come to love Patrick Chan's skating so much!

1/Chan slightly edges out Takahashi but I want them both to win! 2/ If there can't be a tie for gold then the other 2/ Fernandez or Hanyu- though I think one of them could win too and if it weren't for C and T I would love that too! -- Also okay with Kozuka or Abbott being on the podium or even Joubert

Oooo! It is such an exciting time for skating!

ETA btw I do think it is a bit weird when people get righteous about thread drift.

vCash
    Ladies

Gold: Suzuki
    Silver: Kim
    Bronze: Asada

Men

Gold: Chan
    Silver: Takahashi
    Bronze: Plushenko

Pairs

D/R on the podium

Dance

Gold: V/M
    Silver: P/B
    Bronze: D/W

Team:
    Gold: Canada
    Silver: Depends on who's on the team, I want to say Japan but it is still questionable if they can get a pair's team in.
    Bronze: See Silver.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast