vCash

Congratulations to Bobrova/Soloviev!

I didnt see a thread for them (sorry if I missed it) so I thought I'd start one.

I never thought I'd be cheering for this team - they used to bore the hell out of me - sometimes I couldnt stop yawning and their programs seemed never-ending. This season they have totally transformed themselves. I cant believe the amount of improvement they have made in just one season. I hope they continue to improve next year. Going into the next quad, they will certainly be contenders and congratulations to them and Zhulin their coach.

Their programs were both among my top favorites for the season - Im really looking forward to seeing what they come up with for next year. Im now really excited about this team (and I used to think they were a write-off).

What a difference a coach makes! Now if only Sin/Zig would get the message!

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOB/SOL! HOPE YOU'RE EVEN BETTER NEXT YEAR!

vCash
    thanks for starting this thread, Tak! I feel the same way. I always saw the potential but was never a fan...until this season. some of my favourite programs this year as well. beautiful skating. I'm really proud of them and can't wait to see what they bring next season!

vCash
    I've been a big fan of theirs from their start in seniors back in 2008, and I actually preferred their old style a bit more, (The 2011 FD is still my favorite of theirs) but I can't deny the improvements since they changed to Zhulin and am happy they're finding broader support among skating fans. Prior to this season, it seemed like there were maybe 3 or 4 other Bobrova fans on FSU. It was kind of lonely.
    Last edited by casken; 03-18-2013 at 04:52 AM.

vCash
    I've actually enjoyed them since seeing their R&J program (was that 2008?). Their improvement this season is so evident and I was happy for them getting the bronze. Glad, too, that they didn't seem nervous, they actually had a confidence I hadn't noticed before. Bobrova seems to be a sweetheart, I loved her happy enthusiasm in the medal ceremony, her hugs were so genuine. I hope they have some great programs next season and can continue to impress.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I'm not a big follower of this team, but I truly enjoyed their gala performance. I'll be looking forward to their programs next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    [...] Bobrova seems to be a sweetheart, I loved her happy enthusiasm in the medal ceremony, her hugs were so genuine. [...]
    I have read many fan accounts that said Ekaterina is a complete sweetheart. very warm and sincere.

vCash
    I'm glad that we have an uber thread for them now!
    And I loved their 2011 FD as well.