View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oz the Great and Powerful - Fantasy - James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams

21 38.89%
  • Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Comedy - Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell

5 9.26%
  • March 15th - The Call - Thriller - Abigail Breslin, Halle Berry and Morris Chestnut

6 11.11%
  • March 22nd - Admission - Comedy - Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Michael Sheen and Lily Tomlin

10 18.52%
  • April 12th - Oblivion - Action, Sci-Fi - Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Melissa Leo

4 7.41%
  • April 12th - Scary Movie 5 - Comedy, Horror - Ashley Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen

4 7.41%
  • April 19th - jOBS - Drama - Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, James Woods, Matthew Modine

6 11.11%
  • April 26th - Pain & Gain – Action - Rebel Wilson, Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Ken Jeong

3 5.56%
  • May 3rd - Iron Man 3 - Action, Sci-Fi - Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle

25 46.30%
  • Great Gatsby - Drama, Romance - Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher

26 48.15%
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana

35 64.81%
  • May 24th - The Hangover III - Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong

8 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Because they're going to re-shoot it with a new script and director?

Wouldn't that be fantastic?

ETA: watching Snow White and the Huntsman on TV now--what is wrong with KStew's face? I swear she doesn't move a single facial muscle the duration of the movie. Same expression for all emotions. I bet she loved running around all grimy with unwashed hair although there is no telling if she is pleased, upset, angry or whatever.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 03-31-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I foresee an Oscar sweep...

Birdemic 2: The Resurrection

ETA: Just checked out part one on imdb.com...it got a 1.9 rating (!!!) and the budget was estimated at 10,000 dollars.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    New Gatsby trailer due out on Thursday (per the movie's Facebook page).
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I do want to see the Steve Jobs movie, Kutcher and all.

I was reading something about Rachel McAdams (my own girl crush--she was a figure skater, won regionals!!) and that she is starring in Passion with Noomi Rapace of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo fame. I will watch pretty much anything with Rachel McAdams but The Notebook.
    There was a thread about Rachel McAdams as a figure skater on fsu a couple years back. I liked her only in the Notebook. All her other movies were a disappointment, particularly Midnight in Paris (although I enjoyed the movie a lot).

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Thirteen smaller/independent movies out this week. And boy, is there a lot of good stuff! The first six are going on my To See list, but all of the others look like they could be good too. The only exception would be the one I just posted the trailer to earlier today...

Apr-03 The Company You Keep (Thriller with Robert Redford, Shia LeBeouf, Susan Sarandon, Anna Kendrick, Terrence Howard, Richard Jenkins, Julie Christie, Sam Elliott, Jackie Evancho, Brendan Gleeson, Stanley Tucci, Chris Cooper and Nick Nolte)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_y9Qo6-syE

Apr-03 The Brass Teapot (Comedy fantasy thriller with Juno Temple, Alexis Bledel and Michael Angarano)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g30KBZ4m61Y

Apr-03 Free Angela & All Political Prisoners (Documentary. From imdb.com: “A documentary that chronicles the life of young college professor Angela Davis, and how her social activism implicates her in a botched kidnapping attempt that ends with a shootout, four dead, and her name on the FBI's 10 most wanted list.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh49nbTq268

Apr-03 The Story of Luke (Comedy drama with Lou Taylor Pucci, Seth Green, Kristin Bauer [True Blood] and Cary Elwes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3c6Jy5sHhc

Apr-03 Thale (Norweigan fantasy mystery. From imdb.com: “Norwegian folklore turns out to be real when Leo and Elvis encounter Thale in a basement. A regular cleaning job turns into a struggle for survival, while they're trying to figure out what or who Thale is.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4XoSmUoZIY

Apr-03 No Place on Earth (Documentary. From imdb.com: A cave exploration in the Ukraine leads to the unearthing of a story of World War II survivors who once found shelter in the same cave.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG743iQYJho

Apr-03 Tomorrow You're Gone (Thriller with Stephen Dorff, Michelle Monaghan, Willem Dafoe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wws-6XwfRVQ

Apr-03 Simon Killer (Drama with new cast from the filmmakers of Martha Marcy May Marlene)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mVsr3bNURA

Apr-03 Bert Stern: Original Mad Man (Documentary. From imdb.com: “In the unconventional documentary Becoming Bert Stern, the original mad-man photographer reveals himself for the first time...”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jNUtjDxMIQ

Apr-03 Trance (Crime thriller with James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_bdS3_gr0

Apr-03 Lunarcy! (Documentary. From imdb.com: “With wry humor and affection, Simon Ennis' "Lunarcy!" follows a disparate group of dreamers and schemers who all have one thing in common: they've devoted their lives to the Moon.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMzXPi_Cf4Y

Apr-01 Stitches (Comedy horror, new cast)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_auEe1yU3M

Apr-03 Odd Thomas (Mystery thriller with Willem Dafoe, Anton Yelchin and Patton Oswalt)
    …no trailer at youtube…

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    been playing catchup. skyfall def best of the lot. great soundtrack. the paper boy was intense esp john cusack. fell asleep TWICE watching the bourne whatever. could never figure out the plot and I did see the other bourne movies! made myself sit thru lincoln. talk talk talk talk talk...boring! !! ted was mildly amusing but unrated version was just plain gross and offensive. a late quartet Zzzzzzzzzzz. unless you like talk talk talk and some unordinary drama. little white lies was not so bad but I was all jacked up for the oh its so awesome ending one reviewer promised and said ending never arrived. awaiting arrival of my jean dujardin film fest ...cash lucky luke and brice de nice. also on the list for the master.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Has anyone seen the Three Colours trilogy (Blue in 1993 and Red in 1994 followed by White, also in 1994). These have been on my To See list for a while and I've just watched two of the trailers and am feeling a bit about them now. Am I making a mistake by deleting them from my list. If so, please share as much as you like about them.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I did like them. I liked Red the most IIRC--the characters and the story were good. I have no memory of White although I am sure I saw it. Blue was OK. Was it in Blue where the woman lets a cat inside her closet where there is a family of mice? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    There was a thread about Rachel McAdams as a figure skater on fsu a couple years back. I liked her only in the Notebook. All her other movies were a disappointment, particularly Midnight in Paris (although I enjoyed the movie a lot).
    I am complete opposite. To clarify, I think she did a fine job in The Notebook but the movie itself made me cringe. I thought she does a fine job in pretty much every movie I've seen her, including Midnight in Paris. It's just that her character was a b!tch and utterly unlikable so don't blame Rachel. She did what Woody Allen had asked her to do.

I wish I had the energy to go hunting for that old Rachel McAdams, the figure skater thread. I think I missed it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I wish I had the energy to go hunting for that old Rachel McAdams, the figure skater thread. I think I missed it.
    Is this it? Celebrities Who Can Skate? She is mentioned in posts 35 and 43.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Is this it? Celebrities Who Can Skate? She is mentioned in posts 35 and 43.
    It must be! Oh thank you, kind sir, ever so much.

from Speedy Death

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Partition (Jimi Mistry, Kristin Kreuk, Neve Campbell) - I have wanted to see this movie for a LONG time and finally had some spare time AND saw the movie sitting on shelf at the library, so I finally got to see it. Wasn't disappointed, which is something that can happen when my expectations slowly grow while I put off watching something. I suppose some might see parts of this as melodramatic, but the separating Pakistan and India is a VERY dramatic theme.
    It's been a while since I saw Partition, but my recollection of it was that while I liked it, I thought it had a slightly Hollywoodized feeling to it because of the introduction of the Neve Campbell character. (Whom I like very much, but thought that her character was unecessary and was inserted into the plot just so that they'd have someone relatable for the white audiences). Still worth watching though.

But for a better (imo) movie about the same part of history, I recommend Earth, the second in Deepa Mehta's "elements" trilogy."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post

But for a better (imo) movie about the same part of history, I recommend Earth, the second in Deepa Mehta's "elements" trilogy."
    Thanks for this recommendation. I've seen both Fire and Water, but somehow have missed Earth. I'm off to see if Netflix has it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I adore Deepa Mehta. That trilogy was phenomenal.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I voted for star trek.. I'm a closet trekkie I'm really excited to see it as I loved the first one and all the series. The best movie I have seen this past year is Sky Fall as I really enjoy action/adventure movies as it creates a great form of escapism for me and my very stressful life..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Pixar just announced Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory!!!

https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory?group_id=0 It was announced on Apr 2nd so...can't be an April Fool's joke right...RIGHT!!??

vCash
    Marvel studios have apparently made a different version of Iron Man 3 especially for the Chinese market. And World War Z has edited out the part about the origins of problem being Chinese. It would be interesting to see which versions of these movies the Chinese public prefer.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    There were whole scenes missing from Skyfall here and apparently 24% of Cloud Atlas was cut out so I didn't even bother to go see it.

Afterlife
    vCash
    The more trailers I see for The Great Gatsby the more confident I am that I will probably only like it for the soundtrack. But I don't really care. I'll see it anyways. I generally can't stand Tobey Maguire and I am mostly apathetic in DiCaprio. But I like Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton is good as well. So even if the movie does suck I will at least have good music and 2 acting performances to enjoy. Now I just have to hope that it shows at the theatre I can get in to for free, in case I do end up hating it.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Neutral about Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, meh about Di Caprio, can't stand Baz Luhrmann's directing. Really love the book. Going to brave the flick.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Saw a TV movie called United on Netflix about the 1958 plane crash that kills most of the Manchester United futbol team. Nice movie so check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1777034/
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast