View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oz the Great and Powerful - Fantasy - James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams

21 38.89%
  • Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Comedy - Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell

5 9.26%
  • March 15th - The Call - Thriller - Abigail Breslin, Halle Berry and Morris Chestnut

6 11.11%
  • March 22nd - Admission - Comedy - Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Michael Sheen and Lily Tomlin

10 18.52%
  • April 12th - Oblivion - Action, Sci-Fi - Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Melissa Leo

4 7.41%
  • April 12th - Scary Movie 5 - Comedy, Horror - Ashley Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen

4 7.41%
  • April 19th - jOBS - Drama - Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, James Woods, Matthew Modine

6 11.11%
  • April 26th - Pain & Gain – Action - Rebel Wilson, Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Ken Jeong

3 5.56%
  • May 3rd - Iron Man 3 - Action, Sci-Fi - Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle

25 46.30%
  • Great Gatsby - Drama, Romance - Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher

26 48.15%
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana

35 64.81%
  • May 24th - The Hangover III - Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong

8 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Okay, I didn't die...just house-sitting where I have a laptop with Windows 8. YUCK! I don't like laptops and I LOATHE Windows 8. I finally gave up trying to do this week's movies and came home to do it instead. And what a waste of time! There is SO much crap this week! It's supposed to be the beginning of summer movie season! Maybe that's the third week of May? I even deleted about four or five movies that had trailers that were so bad, I just took them off the list. So here's the list and it's in rough order with best first. I think only "Free The Mind" is going on my To See list. "Love Is All You Need" looks like it could be a sleeper hit. Is Pierce Brosnan alone enough to sell a movie though? And Aroused looks like a very well made movie, but just not my thing.

May 3 - Love Is All You Need (Romantic comedy with Pierce Brosnan)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHS51O_Sn9Q

May 3 - Free the Mind (Documentary. From imdb.com: “In 1992 Professor Richard Davidson, one of the world's leading neuroscientists, met the Dalai Lama, who encouraged him to apply the same rigorous methods he used to study depression and anxiety to the study of compassion and kindness, those qualities cultivated by Tibetan meditation practice.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvGZmOhCDo

May 3 - The Iceman (Drama with Michael Shannon, Winona Ryder, Chris Evans, Ray Liotta, David Schwimmer, James Franco and Stephen Dorff)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJIXOx2-GZ8

May 3 - Aroused (Documentary. From imdb.com: “A documentary that captures the making of a fine art photographic book featuring 16 of the world's most successful adult film stars.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYS6vLdK_Wg

May 3 - Dead Man's Burden (Western with Claire Bowen [Nashville] and David Call [Smash])
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01bboSYnLs

May 3 - Greetings from Tim Buckley (Drama with Penn Badgley)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPoTI-59HU

May 3 - Caroline and Jackie (Drama with new cast and David Giuntoli [Grimm])
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGzuiWeg15c

May 3 - Cinco de Mayo: The Battle (Mexican war drama)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ClP-e9Rkl8

May 3 - Something in the Air (French drama)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0hc7V6Yrc

May 3 - Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn (Crime action with Armand Assante, Cathy Moriarty, Ice-T, Vincent Pastore and Ja Rule)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1S70FiaEmQ

May 3 - What Maisie Knew (Family drama with Julianne Moore, Steve Coogan and Alexander Skarsgard)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4Q_7YNlAo

May 3 - Generation Um… (Drama with Keanu Reeves)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIsTAgS4DgY

May 1 - The Source Family (Documentary. From imdb.com: “A feature documentary film set in Hollywood, examining a radical experiment in '70s utopian living.”)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3f4aleOAxo
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    You know what the good thing about going to the cinema in Sweden is? You decide where you want to sit when you buy your ticket, so if you buy that early, you'll have a better chance of getting a good seat, without having to stand in line and rush in when the salon opens.

Which is how I got the best seat in the house for one of the opening day screenings of Star Trek Into Darkness. Aww yeah!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I watched This Is 40 last night. Meh. If I'd ignored disc blurb and the "hilarity" promised, and gone into it expecting a situational drama with the occasional moment humour, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more. Because the characters and their situations are entirely relatable -- despite Paul Rudd doing his one-note standard performance he's still not terrible to watch, and Leslie Mann is great. But it just wasn't funny. At. All. And over 2 hours of an un-funny comedy is pretty painful.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Let's Talk Movies! #22 : Steve Jobs, Some Trekkies, An Ozzy...and IRON MAN!!!

The trailer for This Is 40 was probably the most hilarious trailer I had ever seen. The movie...not so much. I still liked it, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Saw Iron Man and really liked the amount of action scenes that involved Tony Stark fighting without the Ironman Suit.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Yeah, I just got back from it. Overall a good film, and another solid entry in the Iron Man franchise, but I think it's the weakest of the three films. There were noticeable plot holes (material must have been cut out; that was the feeling I had, at least), and I got really sick of the burning dudes after a while. Ben Kingsley was totally awesome. I didn't really like the use of Pepper in this movie; it didn't feel as authentic in the previous films, she had less of a sense of humor and the crafted 'badass' moments felt really forced. She came across better as a smart, strong business woman than as the person she was in the final bit of the film. The little boy used in parts of the film was awesome. I might see it again, as I can never tire of watching RDJ for a couple hours, but I did like the other two better.

vCash
    I want to go see Iron Man tomorrow or Sunday, preferably during a matinee so it may not be such a crowd. I love seeing these movies in the theater even though I don't think they are exactly "great" movies. They sure are fun on the big screen, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I haven't read through the whole thread but wondered if anyone has seen Mud. I'm interested since I live in Arkansas. It was filmed here and one of the main characters is played by an Arkansas boy. The reviews I've read have been mostly positive. Any opinions here?

vCash

Let's Talk Movies! #22 : Steve Jobs, Some Trekkies, An Ozzy...and IRON MAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    I haven't read through the whole thread but wondered if anyone has seen Mud. I'm interested since I live in Arkansas. It was filmed here and one of the main characters is played by an Arkansas boy. The reviews I've read have been mostly positive. Any opinions here?
    I saw it and posted a little about it intros thread not very far back. It was good but not great. I would recommend waiting for a rental but since you may want to see which places you recognize you might prefer the theater. I think it took place in Dewitt.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I saw it and posted a little about it intros thread not very far back. It was good but not great. I would recommend waiting for a rental but since you may want to see which places you recognize you might prefer the theater. I think it took place in Dewitt.
    Thanks for the input. I figure I will wait for the DVD since I have to go out of town to a movie theater. I live in western Arkansas, which is a whole different kind of landscape from the DeWitt area. I've actually only been there a couple of times, both for funerals. My brother-in-law is from there, but I bet it's been 30 years since he saw a movie, and I doubt this will lure him in.

vCash
    I went and saw Oblivion today. We were going to see Iron Man 3 but another friend wanted to see Oblivion and we figured waiting another week for Iron Man was probably a good idea, anyway. Oblivion was good but it really confused the heck out of me. I don't normally have trouble following things but I am seriously heading over to IMDB.com after posting this to figure some things out. It was quite good, better than I expected, actually.

I discovered something horrible today. I love theater popcorn! I know, this sounds silly, but I just recently posted in another thread here how I could care less about popcorn. Our friend got some and I had a handful and was thinking about it the entire movie. No wonder I couldn't follow the plot. It was so much better than some store bought bag. I may go see a lot of movies this summer just for the popcorn.
    -Brian

vCash
    I've done that before I've told my friends that, even if I am a self-proclaimed movie snob , I'll pretty much go see anything if they need a movie buddy because popcorn makes up for a bad film in a big way.

Okay, so, recent movies I've watched:

Silver Linings Playbook - JENNIFER LAWRENCE. That aside, I think I need to watch this again before giving a legitimate review, because I think the year-long build up of anticipation and the fact that I still haven't quite gotten over not getting to see this in theaters probably tainted my actual viewing of the movie. (How adorable is Jacki Weaver, though?)

The Cabin In The Woods - Also not as good as I was expecting, as a big Whedon fan. I thought the cast was absolutely perfect and some of the twists and ideas were really brilliantly executed, but the bug purge at the end was kind of a let down and I hated the ending. I thought it really ran out of steam, though I can't help but smile any time Sigourney Weaver is on my screen, even if it is a cameo. In my ideal world I would grow up to be some kick ass mix of Sigourney Weaver and Mary McDonnell when I'm their age (everyone has to have goals, right?).

Beasts of the Southern Wild - I was really impressed with this film. The cast was just excellent. Ms. Wallis deserved her praise, but I think the man who played her father deserved an equal amount of it and I have no idea why he was so overlooked. The score was absolutely amazing. I loved, loved, loved it. Also, if a movie has a lot of water in it that always significantly ups the likelihood that I will like it. I can't really explain that one, I just love looking at water. Life of Pi made me deliriously happy for its shipwreck scene and just being set in water.

vCash
    Iron Man III domestic B.O. for three days expected to be 175 millions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Iron Man III domestic B.O. for three days expected to be 175 millions.

WOW! That is just waaaay beyond what even I would expect. Just wanted to add that without RDJ this movie would not have done nearly as well. So hats off to him especially since he has done so well overcoming his past problems with addition.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Didn't get into "Great Gatsby" (limited screening) so no early impressions from me.

Next up, "Star Trek Into Darkness," which I'm psyched about.

I interviewed Chris Pine before he started filming the first film (he had already been cast) and he couldn't be nicer ... or more dapper.

vCash
    The first poster for Europa Report, plus some info on what it's about. A scientifically accurate space thriller? Count me in!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I picked up a great little sleeper gem from the library last night: California Solo. (Don't go by the imdb rating, this film is worth much higher than the 5.something they're giving it!) I'm a sucker for redemption stories, even if the redemption is vague or incomplete. And nobody plays this kind of character like Robert Carlyle -- damaged and self-destructive, but still retaining a human truth that draws you in. It also shows a very un-Hollywood LA that was a refreshing change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    WOW! That is just waaaay beyond what even I would expect. Just wanted to add that without RDJ this movie would not have done nearly as well. So hats off to him especially since he has done so well overcoming his past problems with addition.
    Bad in math class, was he? (Just kidding. ) I agree he carried this movie, and was marvelous. I can't imagine anyone playing those interactions with the little boy any better.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    The Great Gatsby - 44% approval so far on RT. I wonder if adults are going to turn out for this film. I want to see it.

vCash
    Did jOBS come out as planned? I never remember seeing any previews for it or seeing it listed at the movie theater and I have seen quite a few movies recently. Was it pushed back, limited release or just a huge flop? It always kind of felt like a Lifetime movie to me.
    -Brian

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast