View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oz the Great and Powerful - Fantasy - James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams

21 38.89%
  • Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Comedy - Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell

5 9.26%
  • March 15th - The Call - Thriller - Abigail Breslin, Halle Berry and Morris Chestnut

6 11.11%
  • March 22nd - Admission - Comedy - Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Michael Sheen and Lily Tomlin

10 18.52%
  • April 12th - Oblivion - Action, Sci-Fi - Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Melissa Leo

4 7.41%
  • April 12th - Scary Movie 5 - Comedy, Horror - Ashley Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen

4 7.41%
  • April 19th - jOBS - Drama - Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, James Woods, Matthew Modine

6 11.11%
  • April 26th - Pain & Gain – Action - Rebel Wilson, Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Ken Jeong

3 5.56%
  • May 3rd - Iron Man 3 - Action, Sci-Fi - Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle

25 46.30%
  • Great Gatsby - Drama, Romance - Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher

26 48.15%
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana

35 64.81%
  • May 24th - The Hangover III - Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong

8 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    NEW MAN OF STEEL TRAILER!!!!
    http://youtu.be/T6DJcgm3wNY
    I can't wait It looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Looper (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis) - Recommended, but somewhat plot-heavy. I don't think I've ever said that about a movie before! The first half was good enough, but the second half is kind of like the sequel to part one so you have to change your thinking about what everything is about. Just seemed like it was trying to be too much, writing this makes me think it really could have been two separate movies. Still, it's very well-done drama/sci-fi.
    I like it Gordon-Levitt looked a little weird in that make up, but I think he did well as young Willis. I had some problem with the time travel paradox thing, but I guess that would happen every time there's time travel and as a viewer I shouldn't fuss too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Wreck-It Ralph: Cute, but nowhere near as good as some of best animated films of recent years. Entertaining fluff, instantly forgettable.
    I agree. But darn, that little girl sure is adorable

I watched oblivion today I really like it, but I thought the final confrontation felt a little rushed. I would appreciate more details on what really happened. I really like the twist and turn of the movie and really enjoyed the ride :3 I still like Tom Cruise and I still think Tom Cruise is good looking

vCash
    I'm going to see Iron Man 3 on Friday. I love the first one, but don't really care for the second one. This one is apparently going to be a bit darker, which l see as a good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    I'm going to see Iron Man 3 on Friday. I love the first one, but don't really care for the second one. This one is apparently going to be a bit darker, which l see as a good sign.
    Grrrrr!!! I hate (envy) you!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I was reading in Entertainment Weekly about how many movies are making more money overseas than they are within the U.S. The current example they gave was for Ice Age: Continental Drift which earled a franchise-low 161 million (on a 95 million budget). Overseas it made 718 million! (Plus DVD sales are currently at 38 million.)

I've noticed this for other movies that I've been keeping note of. They include:

Skyfall (200 million budget)

304 U.S.
    804 International

Life Of Pi (120 million budget)

124 U.S.
    483 International

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 (136 budget)

292 U.S.
    540 International

Battleship (209 million budget)

65 U.S.
    238 International

I added Battleship because it was seen as a bomb, but the international box office probably covered the advertising budget, so it might have broken even. Not what they were hoping for of course, but that one wouldn't have smarted as much as John Carter did.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I really want to go see Mud and The Place Beyond the Pines. However, my husband refuses to see either, especially Mud. He wants to see Oblivion or Pain and Gain. Are you kidding me? How did I marry someone with such horrible taste in movies. Thank goodness he is going out of town for 5 days this week, I will be going to the movies every night to make sure I get in all the movies I want to see right now.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I really want to go see Mud and The Place Beyond the Pines. However, my husband refuses to see either, especially Mud. He wants to see Oblivion or Pain and Gain. Are you kidding me? How did I marry someone with such horrible taste in movies. Thank goodness he is going out of town for 5 days this week, I will be going to the movies every night to make sure I get in all the movies I want to see right now.
    No offence Brian but I side with your hubby. Those other movies sounds way to over the top melodramatic for my liking. That is not to say I will be seeing Oblivion or Shame and Plain any time soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No offence Brian but I side with your hubby. Those other movies sounds way to over the top melodramatic for my liking. That is not to say I will be seeing Oblivion or Shame and Plain any time soon.
    Well...fine! Yall go to the darn movies together, then!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Hehehe I actually tried to see The Colony today. Operative word is tried because about 10 minutes into the movie it skipped to aout midway, and turned upside down, started running in reverse, the sound was out of sync and did to even sound like English. (Did ya fellow all that?!) The showing was cancelled and I got two coupons for free movies. So it was not a total loss but I sill want to see The Colony.

vCash
    I would go to both of those with you, Brian! They're never going to open in my little town

Okay, a few I've watched recently:

The Perks of Being A Wallflower
    - As excellent as I'd expected. The young cast did a really astounding job and as a girl who grew up with Harry Potter I'm stoked to see Emma Watson developing into a fine actress and choosing good projects like this. I can't imagine how an adaption of this book might have been made better. The script was really excellent - did he get a nomination? The music, of course, was good, as it must have been, and they really did an excellent job getting into the minds of teenagers.

The Beaver - Okay, so it was worth it, PeterG Really, this was a fantastic film. Jodie did a really good job. Gibson was really, really excellent in this. He should have gotten a lot more notice for it but I know that the whole world is pretty anti-Gibson these days, for pretty justifiable reasons. Anton Yelchin is just adorable. He and Ms. Lawrence were excellent together and they did a wonderful job mirroring the son and father's journeys.

Django Unchained - For the most part, this was as excellent as most of Tarantino's films are. My God, the scenery was wonderful! Some of the shots of Waltz and Foxx riding or walking with the natural beauty of the USA behind them were just amazingly gorgeous. I was blown away by that. All the performances were amazing, particularly Waltz's, which I fully expected. Tarantino really does have just this amazing talent for pulling remarkable performances out of all his actors. The worst actor in the film was Tarantino himself, IMO But he was only in it for a short time. Waltz just blows me away. What a completely different character from Hans Landa. I can see why he won the Oscar. I wasn't a big fan of the only two female characters in the whole film being 1) A totally vapid Southern belle and 2) a sexually objectified damsel-in-distress, though. That irritated me. And the last 30 minutes of the film were totally unnecessary and boring. It would have been a much better film without that last part. I totally lost interest. Also, Dicaprio is just never going to win an Oscar no matter how amazing he is, is he? Was he even nominated for this? He was nearly as good as Waltz, IMO. The fact that he actually cut his hand open in one scene and just kept going without breaking character at all and was bleeding all over the place just blew my mind. I suspected it wasn't scripted that way and I was right.

The House At The End of the Street - Yeah, I just rented this because it was the only Jennifer Lawrence movie left on the list (excepting SLP, which I am renting the second it comes out on Tuesday. They were actually packaging them up at the video store yesterday and I offered $30 if they would let me get it early but of course they said no ). My God, you guys, I had really low expectations, but I was still blown away by just how mind-bogglingly bad this movie was. I have no idea why she did it when every other movie she's been in has been good, but I guess we all can't make good decisions all the time. The twist is just horrifically stupid, and it's actually boring. Like, really, really boring. Not a single scare in the whole movie. The 'scary part' doesn't even happen until maybe the last 1/4th of the film, and everything before that is just poor dialogue, mostly poor acting, and little coherency. One of those movies that feels like everyone involved is personally insulting the audience.

Probably renting Lincoln tomorrow. Beasts of the Southern Wild was out when I went yesterday, so if that's in I'll get both.

vCash
    The House at the End of the Street was seriously AWFUL! I could not believe such poor acting was coming from 2 Oscar nominated actresses. Actually, make that 1 nominated and 1 winner! Shue should have won as well, but I digress.

I need to look up The Colony. Do not recognize that one.

I just love melodramatic movies. From time to time I like a good action movie (the last two movies I saw were G.I. Joe 2 and Olympus has Fallen) but I love to go see what I call "risky" movies. They tend to be movies that you think of as life changing or absolute dreck. Never anything in the middle.
    -Brian

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just finished watching Sinister (with Ethan Hawke). Pretty good, actually. Wasn't sure whether I'd like it, but it did have enough of a twist to keep me interested. I recommend it if you like a scary thriller horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    I didn't feel sympathy, it was more incredulousness, staring open-mouth at the screen thinking OMG how stupid
    Hmm...okay, then if I stumble upon it one day at the library, I'll give The Queen of Versailles a chance then.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Teaser trailer for Catching Fire is now online. So what do you guys think?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyPnQw_Lqds
    If the movie consists of Jennifer Lawrence reading the phone book, I'll probably be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Gatsby photo spread! (Don't tease me, PeterG, I'm really excited about this. )

http://www.vogue.com/magazine/articl...ulligan-2013/1

Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    "Rock of Ages" way hella better than expected-even tho I'm no fan of 80's music (at ALL) I watched this film about 6 times. Stellar cast, perfectly cast, and Tom Cruise especially spot on.
    WHAT???!!! I would say it was the worst movie of recent memory, but I just (tried!!) to watch Ted and it was MUCH worse. (At least with Rock of Ages I made it to the end...)

Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    "A Better Life" get out your Kleenex it's a tear jerker in a good way but .... will stop there cause I have no time for lengthy diatribe.
    You are forgiven. A wonderful, wonderful movie.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If the movie consists of Jennifer Lawrence reading the phone book, I'll probably be there.
    You're my kinda guy, PeterG

vCash
    I rented The Impossible and will watch that tomorrow evening. Tomorrow afternoon, after dropping off the husband with questionable taste in movies at the airport, I am going to see Mud!
    -Brian

vCash
    I watched The Impossible late last night. It was emotionally draining. Great movie and I had NO IDEA how it ended. I thought I knew but I made some seriously wrong assumptions.

Mud was good but kind of slow. It is the type of movie I want to see again because I think there are a lot of hidden things you can catch on repeated viewings. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as a must see at the theater type of movie but I highly recommend it as a rental.
    -Brian

vCash
    Iron Man 3 was AWESOME! Ridiculous, bombastic, probably full of plot holes if you think about it too much, but still highly entertaining, with a great balance between humour and serious business. It's great to see a smartass superhero who's actually affected by the things he's seen and done. And the stinger after the credits is a wonderful thing for a fangirly brain like mine!

vCash
    Thank you so much for letting us know there's a stinger!

I watched Gangster Squad last night because I adore Emma Stone, but for a movie filled with action and violence it was pretty boring. Would have been a lot better with more humor and maybe, just maybe, some actually poignant moments. It was pretty tough to give a shit about anyone in the film and I never actually felt that Los Angeles was in the dire position the film seemed to think it was in.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I saw 42 yesterday. Overall very enjoyable, despite the handful of eye-rolling obligabory Hollywoodized biopic moments thrown in. Chadwick Boseman was outstanding, and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him in the future.

It's funny, though. After the movie my friend and I were talking about how the "next" film would be about the first major league player to come out. Whoever that might be. And then today ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Hey, it's a Marvel film! Of course it's gonna have a stinger!

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

I watched Gangster Squad last night because I adore Emma Stone, but for a movie filled with action and violence it was pretty boring. Would have been a lot better with more humor and maybe, just maybe, some actually poignant moments. It was pretty tough to give a shit about anyone in the film and I never actually felt that Los Angeles was in the dire position the film seemed to think it was in.
    I think the movie would have been better if it focused more on Emma Stone and Ryan Goslings characters. I didn't find it boring, just disappointing and not as good as it should have been. Admittedly I still bought it last week, I get an awesome discount on DVDs at my job, but I'll still probably watch Silver Linings Playbook before I get around to watching Gangster Squad again.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I liked Gangster Squad but think it suffered from the reworking of some scenes and bad writing in general.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast