View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oz the Great and Powerful - Fantasy - James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams

21 38.89%
  • Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Comedy - Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell

5 9.26%
  • March 15th - The Call - Thriller - Abigail Breslin, Halle Berry and Morris Chestnut

6 11.11%
  • March 22nd - Admission - Comedy - Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Michael Sheen and Lily Tomlin

10 18.52%
  • April 12th - Oblivion - Action, Sci-Fi - Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Melissa Leo

4 7.41%
  • April 12th - Scary Movie 5 - Comedy, Horror - Ashley Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen

4 7.41%
  • April 19th - jOBS - Drama - Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, James Woods, Matthew Modine

6 11.11%
  • April 26th - Pain & Gain – Action - Rebel Wilson, Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Ken Jeong

3 5.56%
  • May 3rd - Iron Man 3 - Action, Sci-Fi - Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle

25 46.30%
  • Great Gatsby - Drama, Romance - Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher

26 48.15%
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana

35 64.81%
  • May 24th - The Hangover III - Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong

8 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Also coming in August: Europa Report, a sci-fi film about an international team of astronauts going to Jupiter's moon Europa. There hasn't really been any info about the plot yet, but Sharlto Copley's in it, so of course I'm going to see it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I saw Stone (Edward Norton, Robert DeNiro, Milla Jovovich and Frances Conroy) last weekend. I thought it was pretty good. Not sure why the audience avoided it like the plague. (It made 4 million worldwide and had a budget of 22 million.) It's got a great cast and an interesting story. Maybe it wasn't black and white enough for mainstream audiences, leaving lots of space for people to think who's a good guy and who's a bad guy...and does such a thing really even exist? It's great to see Jovovich get to work alongside such great actors and stretch herself instead of just doing the superhero movies. I'm a fanboy, so I'm happy to see her in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Seriously, all_empty, what is your job and how do I get it?
    all_empty is some kind of movie industry spy and must remain cryptic about his/her background at all times. For I want the insider details also!!

Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    ...watching Snow White and the Huntsman on TV now--what is wrong with KStew's face? I swear she doesn't move a single facial muscle the duration of the movie. Same expression for all emotions. I bet she loved running around all grimy with unwashed hair although there is no telling if she is pleased, upset, angry or whatever.
    I think she's suppressing rage. The public only go see the crap movies she does and when she does anything with substance, people avoid it like the plague. Kudos to her for not cursing like a sailor to the audience and doing everything she can to stay in character as much is humanly possible.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I saw [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYho06z-_t8"]The public only go see the crap movies she does and when she does anything with substance, people avoid it like the plague.
    THANK YOU. I hate Twilight as much as the next person, but I've seen some of her Indie movies and this girl actually has more talent than most people realize. I just get incredulous stares when I say this though, so generally I just go along with the crowd who hasn't seen any of her decent stuff.

vCash
    Saw "42" today and found it not only really good but something anyone, and not just baseball fans, could appreciate and enjoy.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I think she's suppressing rage. The public only go see the crap movies she does and when she does anything with substance, people avoid it like the plague. Kudos to her for not cursing like a sailor to the audience and doing everything she can to stay in character as much is humanly possible.
    I think it's likely she is suppressing rage. It's the cause of the rage that I am doubtful about...
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

ridin my horse named Bob
    vCash
    The Queen of Versailles will be on Bravo eom. I highly recommend it. No matter how bad yr life is you will feel so way hella better that you so called sucky life is gazillion times better than that of the Siegels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    The Queen of Versailles will be on Bravo eom. I highly recommend it. No matter how bad yr life is you will feel so way hella better that you so called sucky life is gazillion times better than that of the Siegels.
    It was a fascinating look at some bizarre people

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I watched Eden Lake (Michael Fassbender, Kelly Reilly) last night. One of those movies that sticks with you for a while and makes you think about a lot of different things. imdb.com lists it as a horror thriller but really it's more a psychological thriller. Definitely recommended, but not if Pixar makes your favourite kind of movies!

Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    ted was mildly amusing but unrated version was just plain gross and offensive.
    Hmm. I just got this from the library. I am planning on watching the unrated version. I will brace myself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    There was a thread about Rachel McAdams as a figure skater on fsu a couple years back. I liked her only in the Notebook. All her other movies were a disappointment, particularly Midnight in Paris (although I enjoyed the movie a lot).
    I liked her in Red Eye, Wedding Crashers, The Family Stone and Mean Girls. And yes...I liked her in The Time Traveler's Wife and even...The Vow!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    New Gatsby trailer due out on Thursday (per the movie's Facebook page).
    It's like they're playing darts and they'll keep shooting until something sticks...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Saw "42" today and found it not only really good but something anyone, and not just baseball fans, could appreciate and enjoy.
    Ever since I saw the trailer I have been waiting to see this movie, but I may have to wait until next weekend; there is too much going on right now.

vCash
    Beverley Hills Chuhuahua is on CBC right now! I LOVE this movie!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Peter, where do you see all of these movies? I don't even see most of them available on Netflix (streaming or DVD).
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Peter, where do you see all of these movies? I don't even see most of them available on Netflix (streaming or DVD).
    Most I get from my local library. It's part of a very large library system, so they get 75% of the new movies (and TV shows) that get released. Occasionally they even buy a movie I request (such is the case with Eden Lake). And there are lots of other library systems around for me to get stuff that my local library system does not have.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    NEW MAN OF STEEL TRAILER!!!!

Henry Cavill!!!!!

http://youtu.be/T6DJcgm3wNY

vCash
    Gatsby photo spread! (Don't tease me, PeterG, I'm really excited about this. )

http://www.vogue.com/magazine/articl...ulligan-2013/1
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Some of the smaller movies coming out this week listed below, the first two are ones I'm interested in. If you like Kristin Scott Thomas (as much as I do!) then watch the trailer for her movie until the final second (!!!). And Herman's House looks amazing, one of the most interesting documentaries to come out in quite a while (IMHO!).

Apr-19 In the House (French mystery thriller with Kristin Scott Thomas)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegoZpxQCzc

Apr-19 Herman's House (Documentary. From imdb.com: “'What kind of house does a man who has been imprisoned in a six-foot-by-nine-foot cell for over 30 years dream of?' This film captures the remarkable creative journey and friendship of Herman Wallace, one of the Angola 3, and artist Jackie Sumell while examining the injustice of prolonged solitary confinement.”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3ZOk_oyzA

Apr-19 Filly Brown (Musical drama with new cast and Lou Diamond Phillips and Edward James Olmos)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_wy1mAYhI

Apr-19 Home Run (Christian sports drama with Scott Elrod and Vivica A. Fox)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se3L51jHIos

Apr-19 At Any Price (Drama with Zac Efron, Dennis Quaid and Heather Graham)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCejqfqoQZA

vCash
    I screened "Oblivion" on Monday (and sat behind Leonard Maltin, of all people).

I actually liked it and Tom Cruise in that role (he looks incredible for 50 -- naked shower scenes if you're into that). Morgan Freeman is barely in it despite all the posters. I thought it was a nice twist on a sci-fi tale, but my friend didn't.

I can't talk about the plot too much otherwise I'll give the entire movie away.

Special effects were well-done but the pacing was uneven. Still worth seeing (and thankfully not in 3D given intense dogfight scenes).

Next up, "Iron Man 3." I actually passed up on the screening because I don't want to drive to the lot. Will catch the next one though.
    Last edited by all_empty; 04-18-2013 at 07:33 AM.

vCash
    Seriously, all_empty, what is your job and how do I get it?
    I work for a major studio and get to see a lot of the competition (a number of my friends also get Academy screeners).

There's two ways you can go about getting a job like mine: Move to Hollywood and work your way up the studio system. Or, write for a really big (name or traffic) website and get access. I did both.

vCash
    Teaser trailer for Catching Fire is now online. So what do you guys think?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyPnQw_Lqds

vCash
    I wanted to see more things in the Arena I really am excited to see how they make this Arena look. Just reading it, it sounded so cinematic.

But what it showed - all of which I imagine takes place in, what, the first hour or so of the movie? Maybe the first 30 minutes? Looked good. Was her hair quite that dark in the last film though? It looks almost black.

vCash
    I wanted to see more things in the Arena I really am excited to see how they make this Arena look. Just reading it, it sounded so cinematic.

But what it showed - all of which I imagine takes place in, what, the first hour or so of the movie? Maybe the first 30 minutes? Looked good. Was her hair quite that dark in the last film though? It looks almost black.
    Her hair is definitely black -- I interviewed Jennifer while she was filming (she's doing reshoots now) and it was very dark in person.
    Last edited by all_empty; 04-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast