View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oz the Great and Powerful - Fantasy - James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams

21 38.89%
  • Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Comedy - Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell

5 9.26%
  • March 15th - The Call - Thriller - Abigail Breslin, Halle Berry and Morris Chestnut

6 11.11%
  • March 22nd - Admission - Comedy - Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, Michael Sheen and Lily Tomlin

10 18.52%
  • April 12th - Oblivion - Action, Sci-Fi - Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Melissa Leo

4 7.41%
  • April 12th - Scary Movie 5 - Comedy, Horror - Ashley Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen

4 7.41%
  • April 19th - jOBS - Drama - Ashton Kutcher, Dermot Mulroney, James Woods, Matthew Modine

6 11.11%
  • April 26th - Pain & Gain – Action - Rebel Wilson, Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Ken Jeong

3 5.56%
  • May 3rd - Iron Man 3 - Action, Sci-Fi - Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Kingsley, Don Cheadle

25 46.30%
  • Great Gatsby - Drama, Romance - Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher

26 48.15%
  • Star Trek Into Darkness - Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi - Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana

35 64.81%
  • May 24th - The Hangover III - Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong

8 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Refuse to watch Kutcher as Jobs.
    Are you admitting that there has once been a time where you did watch Kutcher???

Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Oh, "21 and Over" was hilarious but totally raunchy (tons of male nudity, particularly one unforgettable scene at the end). It's been a few weeks (saw it for the junket) but it was good laughs.
    Hmm...I did not that add to my list. Have I erred???

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I want your job so much.
    Agreed! all_empty, have you said before exactly what your job is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    Iron Man 2 was pretty meh, but it looks like IM3 is going to be a darker story, and I like it dark, so I'm looking forward to that. And I'm definitely looking forward to Star Trek Into Darkness, because Cumberbatch.
    I also thought that Iron Man 3 looked darker. I think part two was fun/silly and if they kept going in that direction, it would become self-parody. I'm wondering if the movie is darker because they are killing off Gwyneth Paltrow just to please so many people here at FSU!! And the lightbulb finally went on for after three mentions of Cumberbatch that he is not Eddie Redmayne. And I was so looking forward to see Redmayne in the new Star Trek movie!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Are you admitting that there has once been a time where you did watch Kutcher???

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I'm looking forward to see what Baz has done with The Great Gatsby. Is 3-D necessary for this type of film? Will it be another Moulin Rouge or another Australia? I wasn't impressed with what bits I saw of Carey Mulligan in the trailers, so I want to see how she come across when the movie's out.

Lindsay Lohen is in Scary Movie 5? Wow. Now it's really official that her movie career is dead, LOL.

vCash
    I hate Daisy Buchanan, and Mulligan annoyed me in the trailer, so so far it seems all good

vCash
    I clicked on the trailer for Black Rock and got the Star Trek trailer instead. So here it is instead:
    http://www.moviefanatic.com/videos/black-rock-trailer/
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Two movie recommendations:

London Boulevard (Colin Farrell, Keira Knightley, Ray Winstone, Ben Chaplin, Eddie Marsan, David Thewlis, Anna Friel) - I loved this one. Really liked Farrell's character and Knightley made me think that she has something to offer us (even though her role wasn't big enough to make a really strong impact). Ray Winstone is wonderful as always. An entirely watchable movie from start to finish (I've seen a number of movies lately where I watch half an hour and then go do something else...then watch another half hour the next day...then finish it a week later! )

The Burning Plain - Charlize Theron, Kim Basinger, Jennifer Lawrence, JD Pardon [TV's Revolution] and John Corbett - Another one I really loved. It's written and directed by Guillermo Arriaga, who has had success with Babel and 21 Grams. But I think the movie studio dropped the ball with this one. Not sure what happened for this movie to not have succeeded as it's just as good as Arriaga's earlier works. And Charlize (for me) has now joined the group of actors who I am sure will be in a movie that I will enjoy. Well, Snow White and the Huntsman excluded - but which she was brilliant in. Theron is really on a roll these days. Basinger shines in her role as well and it's always great to see Jennifer Lawrence. She recently won as Oscar, ya know?

I will not be seeing Star Trek. The first movie was a disappointment and will be skipping this one.
    Star Trek is like Abba. EVERYBODY LIKES THEM! You are literally the first person I've heard of that didn't like the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Jury's out on Oz: It looks fairly interesting, but I'm not sure it looks interesting enough to get me to the theater. Especially as I'm not a fan of the 1939 movie. (Sorry, PeterG. )
    Do you post under the pseudonym "Buzz" by any chance??

DYING to see how Gatsby turns out. It drove me nuts when they pushed the date back!
    You know that studios pushing back a film's release date is always a good sign, right?

vCash
    You know that studios pushing back a film's release date is always a good sign, right?
    Was that to pay me back for dissing the Wizard of Oz? Fair enough. Still, I'm hoping against hope . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    For those asking about Gatsby, I saw the trailer the other day in the theater when I was out to see Side Effects. Sorry, but on the big screen I saw ZERO chemistry between Carey Mulligan and Leonardo DiCaprio. In fact, Leo looked like he was in pain in one of the scenes shown. Sorry, but on the basis of the trailer I think it's a stinker.

Side Effects - found it enjoyable, give it a B+.

vCash
    I've seen the trailer. But I don't think a few minutes' worth of footage is enough to tell us much. (Besides which, Gatsby is supposed to be in pain sometimes! ) We'll just have to wait and see.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    In the book, in the scene I believe you're referencing (when he and Daisy finally meet up), he's supposed to be awkward and kind of emotionally in pain. So it worked for me.

I did have a huge sinking feeling when it was pushed back. Leo DiCaprio is such a perfect choice for Gatsby that it would really suck if the movie wasn't up to par. Moulin Rouge! has been in my top 3 since I was 11. I have an endless amount of love for that movie.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just finished watching Compliance. Very intense and very recommended. Really good script and great performances.

Oh...the shame!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'm looking forward to see what Baz has done with The Great Gatsby. Is 3-D necessary for this type of film? Will it be another Moulin Rouge or another Australia?
    The Great Gatsby should definitely be in 3-D. Lincoln and Les Miserables really missed the boat not going that route...

Lindsay Lohen is in Scary Movie 5? Wow. Now it's really official that her movie career is dead, LOL.
    Actually, I thought this was a step up for her...in a major movie instead of TV movies...or scrubbing toilets! The real death knoll for one's career is when we don't bother to spell the name correctly anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    In the book, in the scene I believe you're referencing (when he and Daisy finally meet up), he's supposed to be awkward and kind of emotionally in pain. So it worked for me.
    I'm not sure which scene it was because the trailer went by so quickly, but DiCaprio had this constipated painful "I wish I hadn't made this movie" look on his face. Definitely did not make me want to see the movie.

Disclaimer: I have read the book twice and seen the opera once, and, yet, I remember almost nothing about the story. Nothing makes me want to read the book again or read any other Fitzgerald. I just don't "get it".

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I saw "Identity Thief" this week and I can't tell you how perfectly awful I thought it was. Very disappointing, as I generally think those actors are good.

I definitely want to see "Oblivion."

"Oz the Great and Powerful" looks cool, but the early reviews are lukewarm. I want to see "Gatsby" just for the costumes.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I saw the movie 'Safe Haven' today. Typical Nicholas Sparks story, but with more suspense this time. The suspense was well done. The story is mushy, as expected, but I thought the movie was quite entertaining. I didn't regret going to see it.

Saw the trailers of The Great Gatsby, Oblivion, The call. 'The call' looks scary, so I may skip that. I want to see The Great Gatsby, although Carey Mulligan looks just awful in the trailer. She is actually a very good actress. 'Oblivion' could be interesting. I can't believe how good Tom Cruise looks in his 50's.
    Last edited by Vash01; 03-04-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Was that to pay me back for dissing the Wizard of Oz? Fair enough. Still, I'm hoping against hope . . .
    There's no payback here! We're kind souls in this thread. However, you might want to reconsider dissing movies that came out in 1939, though... As for the Great Gatsby, I'm not sure if he'll ever match Strictly Ballroom. (Does anyone prefer Moulin Rouge to SB, by the way?? How about "Australia"??)

I clicked on the trailer for Black Rock and got the Star Trek trailer instead. So here it is instead:
    http://www.moviefanatic.com/videos/black-rock-trailer/
    Thanks for the correction...

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I can't believe how good Tom Cruise looks in his 50's.
    I can't believe there's a thread on FSU where we can discuss Tom Cruise without shaking pitchforks in the air.

vCash
    I don't think the campiness of SB has aged very well. Whatever happen to Paul Mercurio anyway? He sort of disappear after the failure of "Exit to Eden".

vCash
    Does anyone prefer Moulin Rouge to SB, by the way??
    I couldn't even get through SB, and as stated earlier, I adore Moulin Rouge!, so... yes.

vCash
    There's no payback here! We're kind souls in this thread. However, you might want to reconsider dissing movies that came out in 1939, though...
    If it's any consolation, I love pretty much every other movie that came out that year! Well, all the ones I've seen, anyway.

vCash
    Have seen great panning of a movie named Phantom which is so far under the radar that no one has seen it. What caught my attention is that David Duchovny is starring. That seems to be a death knell for a movie.

I want to see Iron Man 3, Oz & Great Gatsby.

So I'm old. I have seen the documentary A Fierce Green Fire. loved it. It will be running on PBS, at least here in Wisconsin, every pledge week for the next 10 years.

Blergh
    vCash
    I don't think the campiness of SB has aged very well. Whatever happen to Paul Mercurio anyway? He sort of disappear after the failure of "Exit to Eden".
    I hate Baz Luhrmann movies. Moulin Rouge included.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast