Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Question Take a ride on the Titanic - would you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lifeboats.html

O.k., I never worry about broken mirrors, black cats, spilling salt, or walking under ladders, but I'm not so sure about this. My common sense tells me there would be nothing to worry about, but I'm not certain that I'd want to sail on this ship (especially on it's maiden voyage!)

What say you?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Why not? It's just a name.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I agree, but it still kinda creeps me out...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    And built in its image...

Can't imagine who would buy a 3rd class ticket.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    True, but it's being built at a Chinese shipyard. Add all of that together and...

Next ship please?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    What say you?
    I'd do it in a New York minute.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Nah, not interested in any kind of cruise, actually. Not my cup of tea. I would be interested in seeing the new Titanic and touring it though.

O-

vCash
    Frak yes I would, in a heart beat!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    If it was going somewhere interesting...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Blue Star's Titanic II? Heh. Yeah, I belong to a few Titanic groups and while there are SOME people who are enthused, SOME who are screaming "IT'S NOT EXACT" because it's got to have a lot of structural changes to be SOLAS-compliant, the majority all say "I will believe he does this when I see it sailing into New York Harbor."

Never mind have you seen what the tickets are gonna cost? For what's projected for a relatively authentic third class berth I could have a Queen's Grille suite on QM2. First class? Even if I had that much money that is NOT what I'd spend it on.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    If I had the money to do it, you couldn't keep me off that ship. I have a weird love affair with the ships from that era -- there's a classiness and style to them that today's cruise ships can't even being to touch. IMO, those things are tacky, tacky, tacky.

vCash
    I'm sure there will be so many safety procedures in place and its maiden voyage monitored that even if an asteroid hit the ship everyone will get off safe.

I am already expecting a line at the bow of the ship with people waiting to re-enact the scene from the movie.

vCash
    I would, if someone buys me a first class ticket - but with some trepidation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If I had the money to do it, you couldn't keep me off that ship. I have a weird love affair with the ships from that era -- there's a classiness and style to them that today's cruise ships can't even being to touch. IMO, those things are tacky, tacky, tacky.
    ME TOOO!!!! I think ships today are really ugly. Titanic may have sunk but human error on many levels sunk that ship. Honestly I doubt it will ever sail.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    If you want old-school glamour, you need to sail Cunard. All the modern amenities, but QM2 at least is legitimately an ocean liner, not a cruise ship (that's a construction/rating thing--she can run the North Atlantic in winter without concern because she's not got that top-heavy design and her bow is meant for it) and it's got CLASS. You get your dress code every day, some nights you have to dress for dinner or stay in the King's Court area (or your cabin), and even for "steerage" peeps like me the White Star Service is really top-notch. I didn't do anything special like spas or the restaurants and I still felt incredibly pampered. And, again, what he wants for third-class Titanic II tickets will get you at LEAST Princess-level on Cunard. I wouldn't mind doing a Titanic novelty cruise, but not for that money.

(Safety or superstition isn't a factor, though. Like a lot of Titanic nerds I'd love to be aboard her, I've done the picture on the staircase at the Artifact exhibit, but only if I get free tickets for those prices!)

vCash
    Based on the title, I thought the thread was going to be about some kind of insult. Like when my grandfather used to say "go jump in a lake three times and come out twice."
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Is it going on an iceberg tour? Cause I'd be all over that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    Nah, not interested in any kind of cruise, actually. Not my cup of tea. I would be interested in seeing the new Titanic and touring it though.

O-
    My thoughts too. I'd love to tour it if it is was a good copy, but I wouldn't go on a trip on any ship after what happened last week in the US

vCash
    I would, if someone will buy the hubbs and me (or is it I) a first class ticket! Of course I'd be hauling along my own giant sized raft that has an engine that is capable of taking us all the way to shore.... and a heater, must back a waterproof heater that can run off solar/star/ocean power.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    If you want old-school glamour, you need to sail Cunard. All the modern amenities, but QM2 at least is legitimately an ocean liner, not a cruise ship (that's a construction/rating thing--she can run the North Atlantic in winter without concern because she's not got that top-heavy design and her bow is meant for it) and it's got CLASS. You get your dress code every day, some nights you have to dress for dinner or stay in the King's Court area (or your cabin), and even for "steerage" peeps like me the White Star Service is really top-notch. I didn't do anything special like spas or the restaurants and I still felt incredibly pampered. And, again, what he wants for third-class Titanic II tickets will get you at LEAST Princess-level on Cunard. I wouldn't mind doing a Titanic novelty cruise, but not for that money.

(Safety or superstition isn't a factor, though. Like a lot of Titanic nerds I'd love to be aboard her, I've done the picture on the staircase at the Artifact exhibit, but only if I get free tickets for those prices!)
    Exactly!! W/the QMII, that old school type of travel still does exist on the Seas. Or in this case, Sea.

As for the bolded, as how I feel w/my Parents getting to take in the Artifact exhibit during their long ago visit to Las Vegas, I am so very envious!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast