Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I've never watched this show, but have seen excerpts on youtube of Kelly Osbourne's dazzling first performance to "Trouble", as well as Marie Osmond's fabulous 1940's Andrews Sisters routine.

And now I'm going to add Dorothy Hamill as well, can't wait!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOROTHY!!!!!

vCash
    I watched it when Shawn Johnson was on, although I voted for Gilles Marini and felt he was robbed in the end. I watched it again when Evan was on. I'll watch and will be rooting for Dorothy. I'm also curious to see how someone like Aly Raisman with her poor form and no grace that I can see comes along (if she lasts). Johnson was quite a surprize for me. She got better as she went along. She was clean in her gymnastics but I never saw anything that I could call graceful or artistic. Just robotic.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

Drawing Figures
    vCash
    Two from Baltimore. If they would've made it three by adding John Waters, think of the ratings!

vCash
    If anyone didn't see Kristi on DWTS, go to You Tube and watch some of her performances--especially "The Jive" and "Winning Free Style." She was WQW. I just rewatched them. I haven't watched the show since Evan was on, but of course I'll watch Dorothy.

vCash
    I read recently from a past interview that she has a permanent shoulder injury from when a book case fell on her shoulder when she was moving. As a result she said she no longer lifts things above her head or carries heavy objects like luggage. I wonder how this will limit the dance movements she can make. I had decided not to watch the show anymore, but guess I will, at least, until Dorothy leaves.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Well, I would think if she can't rotate her arm UP, it would limit some things like New Yorkers and some open work in Smooth, though she shouldn't really be doing any heavy lifting. I'd be more concerned if she's got arthritis in her hips and knees--they take a lot of wear and tear.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Orange County (Calif.) Register article: http://www.ocregister.com/entertainm...ill-stars.html
    "I've been a fan of the show for a long time," she says. "Years ago, maybe second season or third season, I think there was a call to my agent and I was in the middle of one of those (skate) tours and it just wasn't possible."

After talking it over with her husband and a friend, she decided to go for it, only to again end up feeling like the mother of the crew when she met her fellow "Dancing" contestants on Tuesday.

"It was just shocking to me to realize that I am the oldest one there – and not just by six months!" Hamill says of meeting celebrities such as Zendaya Coleman, a 16-year-old Disney Channel star and 18-year-old Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman.

She's never danced ballroom before and says that despite some similarities between figure skating and dancing she's worried about how different it will be.

"The technique is so different," Hamill says. "So that's going to be a challenge for me. While it looks easy I've never been very good on my feet. I've always been kind of klutzy."

"I don't know how any of (her skating skills) will translate to the being on the dance floor in high heels," Hamill says. "I can barely walk in high heels, so it's going to be amusing."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I love Dorothy's wrists, her hands, much less her feet. She is elegant, the whole package.

vCash
    Who's this Dorothy Hamill person??

vCash
    Looking forward to Dancing Dot! :-)

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    Who's this Dorothy Hamill person??
    IF this is a serious question, here's your answer: http://www.dorothyhamill.com/slices/...amill_bio.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Sneak peek video of Hamill and Tristan MacManus rehearsing some moves together: http://www.etonline.com/tv/131426_Da...tes/index.html

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Dorothy Hamill returned to waltz in last night's finale with Kristi Yamaguchi (is there a video?) - photos: http://www.icenetwork.com/photos/gal...nt_id=48278372

Article published before the finale with quotes by Gracie Gold and Adam Rippon: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Rippon was invited by Aly Raisman and brought Doug Razzano, Derrick Delmore, and Amy Evidente (one of Nagasu's coaches) with him to the show a few weeks ago: http://instagram.com/p/YtPV0-JCfT/

vCash
    Yep, those who stuck with this DWTS season posted about that nice surprise re Dorothy and Kristi, in the DWTS thread in OTBT.

Thanks for the info on skating stars in the DWTS audience last night and during other recent shows.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Yay, I found a video from last night's show! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iOmClef_gM

vCash
    Here's one in HD :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRNie6HpM0

They were wonderful!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    It was a very touching and enjoyable surprise!!
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Thanks so much for this video. Seeing Dorothy and Kristi together actually gave me chills.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Dorothy and Kristi both seem like lovely, gracious women and are terrific ambassadors for the sport. It's great to see the respect they have for one another!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Hamill, Yamaguchi share spotlight on 'DWTS': http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt:
    In a surprise twist, Yamaguchi and troop member Sasha Farber joined Hamill and [Henry] Byalikov, subbing for an injured MacManus (broken toe), for the second part of the dance.

"It was a lot of fun -- not just to be back but obviously to dance with Dorothy," said Yamaguchi, the DWTS season six champion. "It was a special moment to share with her."

Byalikov, who collaborated with MacManus on the choreography, was blown away by Hamill's dance abilities. The idea of the dance was to create a piece that included elements of dances Hamill would have performed had she remained in the competition.

"We had a fusion of tango, foxtrot, waltz, rumba, samba and Argentine tango," Byalikov said. "She took it in stride. ... It's not easy to have that type of versatility, but she showed everyone that she does.

"Getting to work with her in this really short period of time, I recognized a lot of talent and potential that she has," he added. "I told her I thought she could have gone all the way."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast