Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    *coughs quietly*

Artur Gachinski is just nineteen, and has a better Senior record than anyone on your list. Much as I am partial to three of the five on your list, Artur is still above them all.
    A Freakin'-MEN to that! Gach---you GO you good thing. Looking forward to next season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Then there are the REALLY young ones: Nathan Chen and Vincent Zhou
    And Nam Nguyen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
    A Freakin'-MEN to that! Gach---you GO you good thing. Looking forward to next season!
    Gachinski had one great moment at Worlds a couple years ago and since then has been a disaster at times. Right now it seems like a fluke what happened in 2011. Some of the kids on that list haven't even skated as Seniors yet.

vCash
    Worlds bronze was a product of Unpredictability. Look at 2010 to 2013 - only constant chan. You can have kozuka silver and then 11th. You have Ten 2nd from 7th. Takahashi 2nd to 6th and in 2011 5th after winning. was Sure gachinski was 3 to 18. But it's severe fluctuation from lots of people. Have to factor euros silver. The only constant has been Chan. Denis ten almost won! Worlds has a lot of flucuation now and "flukes" until they're not.

vCash
    What would be awesome to see is which men people were saying would dominate after 2010 back in 2009?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    There are too many unknowns to say. Back in 2009, Adam Rippon, Michal Brezina and Denis Ten seemed to have a lot of promise, and where are they now? Michal did just win that Euros bronze, but all three are so inconsistent.
    Maybe Ten read this and it spurred him on
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Worlds bronze was a product of Unpredictability. Look at 2010 to 2013 - only constant chan. You can have kozuka silver and then 11th. You have Ten 2nd from 7th. Takahashi 2nd to 6th and in 2011 5th after winning. was Sure gachinski was 3 to 18. But it's severe fluctuation from lots of people. Have to factor euros silver. The only constant has been Chan. Denis ten almost won! Worlds has a lot of flucuation now and "flukes" until they're not.
    ITA!!

Gachinski has had his share of problems..but so have so many of these other very high level skaters..and come next season, one would be a fool to write ANY of them off! Remeber what happened to Weir in 2006-2007?? And when he was totally dismissed, he came back and won the World BRONZE the following year, after re-inventing hiimself!! This can and has been done before. There is SO much depth in men's skating nowadays..I simply cannot wait to see who does what and who goes where and where everyone ends up! It's going to be an incredible year!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Gachinski had one great moment at Worlds a couple years ago and since then has been a disaster at times. Right now it seems like a fluke what happened in 2011. Some of the kids on that list haven't even skated as Seniors yet.
    Sorry, didn't realise that a silver at Russian Nationals and a silver at Euros was a disaster...

If he was 25 I could see your point. But he's 19. And just because Plushenko was a superfreak World Champion and Olympian at 19 doesn't mean they all will be.

vCash
    I he did it once though he could do it again. From what it seems, Gatchinski doesn't have the best head for competition, but he has gotten very good results a few times, and he is only 19, so it could be addressed and if so, he could do very well. I know D10 had injuries but I also thought some of his frequent meltdowns were due to being too anxiety prone to be a good competition and then last night - BOOM, amazingness. In the SP and FS actually. So you never know. Gatchinski does have a lot of talent and can do like 3 different quads already I think.

That being said I still like Kovtun and hope the Russian Fed doesn't socially lynch him after this. He still has a lot of potential and seems to have a nice demeanor about him and a fire in his belly. I liked how he came out all fired up at the start of his FS last night. Now he just needs to work on the stamina, and not letting the Fed get to him. I think TAT will try to protect him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    And Nam Nguyen!
    He's such a cutie. Still need a lot of work but he's sooo young. He will get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lady
    What would be awesome to see is which men people were saying would dominate after 2010 back in 2009?
    Who? Too lazy to go backward to check pre 2010 posts.

Now that Ten has proved himself, certainly he will be one to jostle for the 'super talents' title. One of my bet is still on Hanyu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Maybe we should assign colours to each of them!

Purple Turtle can be Artur
    Light Blue can be Jason
    Dark Blue can be Josh
    Silver can be Maxim
    Black can be Han
    Green can be Keiji
    And Red can be Yuzuru!
    I actually adore this!!! I'll have to remember that Artur is the Purple Turtle...bet he won't understand why fans are now throwing purple turtles onto the ice!! GOOD FUN!!

vCash
    We'll see. I have a feeling that some of the older Turtles are going to pony up during next season..and I cannot wait! Is it October yet??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12