World Figure Skating Hall of Fame tabs nominees.
Nominees for the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame class of 2013:
CATEGORY A: Outstanding competitor
- Denise Biellmann, Switzerland
- Sjoukje Dijkstra, Netherlands
- Debi Thomas, United States
- Elvis Stojko, Canada
- Tim Wood, United States
- Artur Dmitriev and Natalia Mishkutionok and Oksana Kazakova, USSR/Russia
- Tai Babilonia & Randy Gardner, United States
- Natalia Besemianova and Andrei Bukin, USSR
- Oksana Grishuk and Evgeny Platov, USSR/Russia
- Irina Moiseeva and Andrei Minenkov, USSR
CATEGORY B: Outstanding contributor (non-athletic)
No nominees made the ballot
CATEGORY C: Outstanding contributor (creative impact)
- Sarah Kawahara, Canada
- Hans Rudi Mauch ("Mr. Frack"), Switzerland
- Lori Nichol, Canada
The announcement of the class of 2013 will be posted March 22 at worldskatingmuseum.org and icenetwork.com.
Surprised Tim Wood was not already inducted.
I hope that Tim Wood is inducted; he helped Elvis, and many others, perfect their jumps:
I was going to say that about half of the nominees.
I'm surprised none of these skaters are already in it.
Debi Thomas and Tai & Randy definitely.