Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 214
  1. #141

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,986
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1833
    Brad Pitt is 50 ?? Where has time gone? I do think he looks awesome, would never have guessed his age if I didn't know it.

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,852
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40880
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    I'm a straight woman. I think Megan Fox is super hot. I would cast her ... despite her Bay tirade ... maybe even because of it. I mean, Michael Bay? Really?! He's such an a$$. I applaud Megan Fox for going up against such a powerful weenie.

    O-
    But she ended up crawling back to him in order to be cast in his latest movie.

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,222
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5970
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    But she ended up crawling back to him in order to be cast in his latest movie.
    Yep, sad.

    O-

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    Is that really how it went, though? His replacement Meghan didn't really catch on. I think he missed her as much as she misses him.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  5. #145
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    24455
    Yes, maybe he is the one who went crawling back and she shrugged and said, oh okay, I'll be in your dumb ass turtle movie if you pay me enough.

    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Water, water everywhere
    Posts
    3,928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So, in today’s “Googling JLaw news,” what pops up now are invasive paparazzi pics of her chilling on a hotel balcony with a friend. Sans makeup and holding what’s described as a “suspiciously” rolled ciggie. Welcome to your new life, girl. This is why, as poor a starving artist as I am, I would never want THAT level of fame.

    And as for smarmy Seth M. I’ve said elsewhere that I want to like him. We have a mutual interest in old pop music and the space program. I know someone who’s worked for him. And he’s not unattractive. But his humor is not just stuck at 12 y.o. boy level. Seeing him the other night, I thought, it’s like he’s channeling the Rat Pack, and not in a good way. (“Broads, amirite? And Jews. And Mexicans. And fat broads. Now here’s a Jerome Kern song.”)

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    They do omit every year, no? And usually say there are so many deserving names blah blah but we only have so much time blah blah...Although I think they could have easily cut out that Chicago number and added in all the recently deceased.
    There seemed to be more of a focus on behind-the-scenes people this year...

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    This sure helps them now that both their careers is tanking right ? Pitt and Jolie are a laughing stock for all Hollyweird
    She's done, her directing flick is a mess, she has an upcoming trial for stealing that script, and the Coen's deal isn't gonna help her one bit. He has looked bad for two years, looked bored too.
    Jolie is unwelcome in France, she's blacklisted in all places that would be "cool" for her, Chanel for example. She was supposed to land the Chanel commercial but Brad was chosen for it instead.
    I don't care about her, but I'd rather have a good actress than her. She bombs all the movies she's in because she's not a good actress. WeeWee Pitt ... what shall I say ? It was cool when he was 30, but at 50, he looks ... sad
    Sounds like you're pulling the above "facts" out of your arse.

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,852
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40880
    I know 2-time Academy Award winner Ang Lee is seriously contemplating doing Cleopatra with Angelina Jolie on top of working with the Coen Brothers. I don't know how anyone who says an actress working with the Coens and Ang Lee isn't considered well-liked or respected. You know how many people would KILL to work with them? I think anyone who thinks Jolie and Pitt's career is dead is fooling themselves.

    Also, if Jolie was truly blacklisted from Chanel, then why would she lose out a commercial to her significant other, Brad Pitt? Wouldn't he have refused?

  10. #150
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34026
    Funny video of Anderson Cooper defending Anne Hathaway. Who is his wonderfully snarky and chic co-host? Love the color of that dress.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,243
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Funny video of Anderson Cooper defending Anne Hathaway. Who is his wonderfully snarky and chic co-host? Love the color of that dress.
    Good video. Gotta agree with anderson Cooper, why all of the hate? I mean, there are probably people who don't like her for what ever reason, that's fine. But, all of this nastiness over the dress? And Valentino screwed up. They should never have put Amanda Seyfreid in almost the same dress that they sent Hathaway. As to her acceptance speech, she was in a no win situation. Yes, the "it came true" seemed a bit phony. But, had she gone up there and acted like it was expected, she'd have been hated on for being arrogant.

  12. #152

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,239
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11734
    I personally like Anne Hathaway and think she is a solid actress. She won everything this year, but at the same time, she just couldn't win. Both she and Jennifer Lawrence are beautiful and talented, yet both can come across a bit awkward and geeky. The problem is that with Jennifer it comes across and is interpreted as genuine, spontaneous, and endearing, whereas Anne's same qualities come across to many and are interpreted as phony, calculated, and perhaps arrogant (which I don't think they are, and I don't think she is actually any of those things). I really don't think Jennifer worries too much about what people think of her and she just acts like herself, whereas Anne seems to worry way too much about the impression she's making and then overthinks and tries to act the way she thinks people want her too off-screen. She didn't help herself with the admissions of practicing her acceptance speech (hell, probably everyone does this, they just don't usually say so). People interpreted that as self-absorbed and then decided it made her speech even more phony. And why did she apologize to Valentino???? He should apologize to her, his biggest cheerleader, for not making a truly unique dress for her. And her stylist and the team who came up with that pink nightmare should be fired. That wasn't a "nipplegate;" darts in satin can be incredibly difficult to do well, and it frankly wasn't helped by the dress being worn by someone who's more than a bit flat-chested (and skinny post her Les Miz role). She didn't fill out the top well, and the whole dress looked off from the waist up.

    Anne basically got run over by the spontaneous charm train that was JLaw, who unintentionally probably brought more focus to the supposed "flaws" the Hathahaters see in Anne. In the long run, it's a brief storm and it shouldn't affect Anne too much. She has a ton of talent, I just wish she could relax a bit more with her image.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,510
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Good video. Gotta agree with anderson Cooper, why all of the hate? I mean, there are probably people who don't like her for what ever reason, that's fine. But, all of this nastiness over the dress? And Valentino screwed up. They should never have put Amanda Seyfreid in almost the same dress that they sent Hathaway. As to her acceptance speech, she was in a no win situation. Yes, the "it came true" seemed a bit phony. But, had she gone up there and acted like it was expected, she'd have been hated on for being arrogant.
    I agree; the designer should be more aware of what actress goes in what dress. Anne Hathaway has been criticized all season about her blathering acceptance speeches which I can sort of agree with. She is a very beautiful girl with a great body so it should be very easy to dress her but Prada really dropped the ball with that hideous dress that looked unfinished. I think the hatred should be directed at them and not her in particular.

    As far as her expecting to win-I thought so to but upsets do happen. She probably was the winner and she knew it but it still has to be a shock to hear your name.

    Good for Anderson Cooper (and many others) to stick up for her.

  14. #154
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I personally like Anne Hathaway and think she is a solid actress. She won everything this year, but at the same time, she just couldn't win. Both she and Jennifer Lawrence are beautiful and talented, yet both can come across a bit awkward and geeky. The problem is that with Jennifer it comes across and is interpreted as genuine, spontaneous, and endearing, whereas Anne's same qualities come across to many and are interpreted as phony, calculated, and perhaps arrogant (which I don't think they are, and I don't think she is actually any of those things). I really don't think Jennifer worries too much about what people think of her and she just acts like herself, whereas Anne seems to worry way too much about the impression she's making and then overthinks and tries to act the way she thinks people want her too off-screen. She didn't help herself with the admissions of practicing her acceptance speech (hell, probably everyone does this, they just don't usually say so). People interpreted that as self-absorbed and then decided it made her speech even more phony. And why did she apologize to Valentino???? He should apologize to her, his biggest cheerleader, for not making a truly unique dress for her. And her stylist and the team who came up with that pink nightmare should be fired. That wasn't a "nipplegate;" darts in satin can be incredibly difficult to do well, and it frankly wasn't helped by the dress being worn by someone who's more than a bit flat-chested (and skinny post her Les Miz role). She didn't fill out the top well, and the whole dress looked off from the waist up.

    Anne basically got run over by the spontaneous charm train that was JLaw, who unintentionally probably brought more focus to the supposed "flaws" the Hathahaters see in Anne. In the long run, it's a brief storm and it shouldn't affect Anne too much. She has a ton of talent, I just wish she could relax a bit more with her image.
    ....People hate Anne Hathaway? And yeah, it's not like she MADE the dress herself.

    I like her and JLaw both. Apparently I'm supposed to pick a team?

  15. #155

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,525
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    I agree that Valentino brought the situation on themselves by sending out two very similar dresses for consideration.
    As for the rest of the Jennifer Lawrence/Anne Hathaway "situation"; it's the difference between a 22 yr. old and a 30 yr. old.
    As one gets older you tend to "consider" what you say and do a bit more - and you should.

    In most cases, it would be called "maturing".
    I'm not sure that's understood - or desired - in Hollywood.

  16. #156
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    24455
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    why all of the hate?
    No, no. You are supposed to day WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY all the HHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEE?



    As for Anne's dress, it was hideous. Are people who are snarking on the dresses and other things people wear to awards show not supposed to say so? You wear something horrible to an awards show that is of interest world-wide and people are going to give you a hard time.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  17. #157

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    with the traditionless
    Posts
    5,619
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8583
    A semi-related side-note: lots of actresses were flaunting flat chests this year. I applaud this as a fellow flat chester.
    What would Jenny do?

  18. #158

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    2,222
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5970
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    A semi-related side-note: lots of actresses were flaunting flat chests this year. I applaud this as a fellow flat chester.


    O-

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,243
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    No, no. You are supposed to day WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY all the HHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEE?



    As for Anne's dress, it was hideous. Are people who are snarking on the dresses and other things people wear to awards show not supposed to say so? You wear something horrible to an awards show that is of interest world-wide and people are going to give you a hard time.
    I have no issue with people saying the dress was ill fitting and rather awful. But, the criticism she is getting is from changing from the Valentino (who she absolutely has championed) to the Prada, the night before the Oscars. Well, Valentino sent almost the same dress to Seyfreid and Hathaway was not going to look like they were matching outfits. She had every right to switch from the Valentino, whoever picked the Prada was either drunk or blind.

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,005
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I personally like Anne Hathaway and think she is a solid actress. She won everything this year, but at the same time, she just couldn't win. Both she and Jennifer Lawrence are beautiful and talented, yet both can come across a bit awkward and geeky. The problem is that with Jennifer it comes across and is interpreted as genuine, spontaneous, and endearing, whereas Anne's same qualities come across to many and are interpreted as phony, calculated, and perhaps arrogant (which I don't think they are, and I don't think she is actually any of those things). I really don't think Jennifer worries too much about what people think of her and she just acts like herself, whereas Anne seems to worry way too much about the impression she's making and then overthinks and tries to act the way she thinks people want her too off-screen. She didn't help herself with the admissions of practicing her acceptance speech (hell, probably everyone does this, they just don't usually say so). People interpreted that as self-absorbed and then decided it made her speech even more phony. And why did she apologize to Valentino???? He should apologize to her, his biggest cheerleader, for not making a truly unique dress for her. And her stylist and the team who came up with that pink nightmare should be fired. That wasn't a "nipplegate;" darts in satin can be incredibly difficult to do well, and it frankly wasn't helped by the dress being worn by someone who's more than a bit flat-chested (and skinny post her Les Miz role). She didn't fill out the top well, and the whole dress looked off from the waist up.

    Anne basically got run over by the spontaneous charm train that was JLaw, who unintentionally probably brought more focus to the supposed "flaws" the Hathahaters see in Anne. In the long run, it's a brief storm and it shouldn't affect Anne too much. She has a ton of talent, I just wish she could relax a bit more with her image.
    This is exactly what I think is happening too. I actually have a friend who possess a lot of Anne's mannerisms (gestures and way of speaking), and she's a genuinely sweet person, which is probably why I take Anne at face value. But it can come across as too try-hard. Still doesn't explain why some people think of her as if she ran over their dog...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •