Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    I think Anne is a good actress, but I've never been blown away by her in anything yet. She seems pleasant though, and this moment will forever make me
    http://youtu.be/uKvQvWTZFWg

vCash
    That is hilarious.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    I think Anne is a good actress, but I've never been blown away by her in anything yet. She seems pleasant though, and this moment will forever make me
    That was awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    When Amanda Seyfried walked the carpet, she made a point of saying that her Alexander McQueen dress had been made especially for her, and that they had worked on it for months. Now we know why she said that - she knew that Anne Hathaway was either wearing a very similar dress, or would change at the last minute and she (Amanda) might get blamed.

This article has a picture of the Valentino dress Anne was supposed to wear - I can see why she changed it.
    Another reason why the Prada was a bad idea......look at those wrinkles.

I would have stuck with the Valentino if I were Anne.

vCash
    If nothing else it would have provided the Fashion Police the opportunity to do an Oscar edition of "B*itch Stole My Look!"

vCash
    Count me as another one that doesn't get all the Anne hate. I can understand being tired of her, at least in wanting to get this awards season over with, and her seeming desperation to get that Oscar, but name me one Hollywood starlet that wouldn't do the same thing if given the opportunity. I think it was Tom and Lorenzo that termed it "the Oscar pole-dance" and it's as good a definition as I've heard. I still like her a lot, I just need her to step away from the spotlight for a length of time.

Go on a long vacation, work on some independent projects, try for a baby (a baby always redeems you in the eyes of the "public" unless you're a Kardashian). Just don't be on everyone's tv acting desperate.

vCash
    I was looking at all the dresses/gowns worn at the most recent Oscars. The only one I could wear is the one worn by Sally Field. I am too small to even try on Melissa McCarthy's. I cannot imagine fitting into any of the others.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    There are actually plenty of actresses who don't seem to care that much about what gossip mags say about their clothes because they keep showing up in the most bizarre and sometimes even unflattering stuff and when someone interviews them and asks them why they picked it, they say something like "I love how I feel in this" and that's the end of it.
    You know, for years I respected Jodie Foster for keeping her private life private, not confirming her sexual orientation and so on. I even respected her for standing by her friend Mel Gibson even if I think he is dbag nutcase.

And then came her speech at the Golden Globes and it was clear that she does really care and it's been driving her crazy all these years and she is now, in fact, somewhat obsessed with what is and isn't private. It's one thing to be a little needy and calculated, which is I think how Hathaway's been coming off, and another to tell the world you're desperately lonely.

What a terrible life those women have. I don't understand why anyone really wants to be them, not one bit.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    What a terrible life those women have. I don't understand why anyone really wants to be them, not one bit.
    Eh, give me the $$$ they're raking in, and I'll gladly switch places with their "miserable" lives.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I'll take the $$$ but not the fame and the constant exposure.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Can you name a few?
    Well I could but I think it would break down into a big argument about how much they do and don't care or why this or that one is some sort of exception so they don't count (as you've already done with Helen Bonham Carter.) Plus the ones who don't care as much don't get into public kerfluffles so it's hard to remember them.

But I think about the time JLo wore that turquoise number to an awards show that let it all hang out and got a lot of flack for it in the press and she kind of shrugged and didn't seem to change her look going forward and this year she even made a joke about it. And when I first wrote it, I was thinking about Helen Bonham Carter and a couple of the younger actresses who liked to dress edgy or funky.

Besides, you can't convince me that that all actresses are equally insecure or all obsess to about winning awards to the exact same degree. They are people and they are bound to have different approaches and feelings about these subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am finding so much of this absolutely hilarious. I read some little things here and there about people hating Hathaway but I figured it was just because of her "aww shucks, you like me!?!?!" attitude. I didn't realize this was all over a dress.
    I don't think it's all over a dress. I think Anne just rubs some people the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    If nothing else it would have provided the Fashion Police the opportunity to do an Oscar edition of "B*itch Stole My Look!"

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Eh, give me the $$$ they're raking in, and I'll gladly switch places with their "miserable" lives.
    Well I wouldn't. I like having the degree of fame that I have (which is hardly any compared to famous people, but slightly more than the average person in my position).
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And then came her speech at the Golden Globes and it was clear that she does really care and it's been driving her crazy all these years and she is now, in fact, somewhat obsessed with what is and isn't private. It's one thing to be a little needy and calculated, which is I think how Hathaway's been coming off, and another to tell the world you're desperately lonely.
    But did Foster always care or is she now caring in her old age? Also, I never thought of Foster as one who was at primarily at peace with herself. If she was, she wouldn't have been so coy about her sexuality all these years.

Then again, maybe she was just hopped up on prescription meds?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    My respect for Anne just increased 100%. I've always been pretty lukewarm about her - never thought she is exceptionally pretty or talented but that was a performance.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think a lot of actors and actresses had spoken while high on one thing or another over the years at Oscars. And James Franco made history actually hosting while high. I just can't believe he is naturally that
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011