Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    YEAH!
    vCash
    I fear that puts the nail in the coffin for H&D's chance at an Olympic spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I fear that puts the nail in the coffin for H&D's chance at an Olympic spot.
    Yes, that is sad. Watching their Nationals FD performance (still a bit raw, as they had made really many changes to the choreography and elements), I thought - and this is a team that is not going to skate at Worlds?? K/G-S are nice, and they really have some interesting lifts, but currently I still like H/D much better. Anyway, good luck to Lynn and Logan.

vCash
    k/G are not going to pass up any team next season to be honest. They haven't been able to in the last 3 years or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    k/G are not going to pass up any team next season to be honest.
    Well thanks for being honest!

I think Lynn/Logan have a lot of talent and while I'm not excited and the prospect of Igor-izing their choreo, I think he might be able to give them the push (politically) that they need. Depending on the Shibs' showing at Worlds, that 3rd spot could go up for grabs. I think even w/o Igor's support, Madison/Zach have the best shot, but this is a fun new twist. Lynn and Logan have a small chance now.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Maybe the Shibs are waiting until Igor has a good choreographer on his team. Isn't their main problem that they don't have good choreography?
    It seems as though they're having trouble getting higher levels on their elements in the past few competitions.

I know this isn't really a tech. issue, but having the 1.00 deduction in both the SD and FD cost them the silver at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think Lynn/Logan have a lot of talent and while I'm not excited and the prospect of Igor-izing their choreo,
    Unlike Zoueva, Shpilband doesn't seem to have anything against working with outside choreographers.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think he might be able to give them the push (politically) that they need.
    Again, they need to start executing their technical elements to a high standard before worrying about politics. Politics is not the most important point here.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I like this team and I hope this isn't "too little, too late" for them. I really want to see them get to the Olympics or Worlds one of these days.

I also don't think Zoueva is the best choreographer. I think having Klimova come in to choreograph for the teams throughout the season is a better idea.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Klimova was a great ice dancer, but there is little documentation for Klimova as a great choreographer.

In Igor's camp, her function appears to be as a pattern dance person & polisher. She is not listed as one of the choreographers of either Chock/Bates, Tobias/Stagniunas, (both list Sphilband), Capellin & Lanoote (choreo Liudmila Vlasova), or Riazanova/Tkachenko (choreo Viktor Konevski), all of whom list Igor as one of their coaches or as their sole coach.

So two things become obvious:
    1. Igor has no problems with outside choreo (R&T, C&L)
    2. Igor will do it himself, too.

Klimova wan't listed as a choreographer for any of these teams.

vCash
    Doris - of course you are correct re: Klimova's credentials as concerns Igor's camp. She has done some lovely programs for single skaters in Northern California, including Polina Edmunds.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Klimova was a great ice dancer, but there is little documentation for Klimova as a great choreographer.
    I see her work all the time since she choreographs for a lot of the skaters in my area. She does great work IMO. Igor should use her!
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I presume she did the Cats piece for her son & Sarah Feng?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I presume she did the Cats piece for her son & Sarah Feng?
    Let her do choreography, but don't let her design the costumes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12