Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Wow, Vash, that's some story, good luck to your friend, she seems to have a great attitude.

vCash
    Thoughts and prayers for your friend, Vash. I hope she has a good recovery.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I visited my friend Bobbie in the hospital, after work tonight. She was in excellent spirits, and very positive, despite the amputation. We had a nice chat about different things. She will be moved to a rehab facility tomorrow morning. Once she is strong enough, she plans on telecommuting to work. She has the support of her management to do that, when she is ready. It means she has a job and the health insurance. It really helped her to have this health insurance through our employer (we work for the same employer; different locations).

She made a very informed decision about going for the amputation- she consulted with various doctors and did some research on her own- and she seems satisfied with her decision. It was really great to see her smiling. I believe she is going to be just fine.

vCash
    What great news
    Prayers and thoughts for Bobbie's continued progress.
    You are a good friend.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 02-28-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: to correct error!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    What great news
    Prayers and thoughts for Bonnie's continued progress.
    You are a good friend.
    Thanks so much! BTW it's Bobbie (not Bonnie)

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I visited my friend Bobbie in the hospital, after work tonight. She was in excellent spirits, and very positive, despite the amputation. We had a nice chat about different things. She will be moved to a rehab facility tomorrow morning. Once she is strong enough, she plans on telecommuting to work. She has the support of her management to do that, when she is ready. It means she has a job and the health insurance. It really helped her to have this health insurance through our employer (we work for the same employer; different locations).

She made a very informed decision about going for the amputation- she consulted with various doctors and did some research on her own- and she seems satisfied with her decision. It was really great to see her smiling. I believe she is going to be just fine.
    Sounds great!

vCash
    Bobbie was transferred to a rehab center yesterday. She is getting used to the routine there. I won't be seeing her for about a week, at her request, but will keep in touch with her through email.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks so much for the update, Vash. I'm so glad to hear that she's been in such good spirits. It's good to know that you can keep in touch with her this week through e-mail.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    I'm glad that she is making good progress.

vCash
    Thanks for the updates; I've thought of her and sent good thoughts her way.

vCash
    She sounds like she is VERY busy at the rehab. She is responding to emails less frequently, and she does not want any visitors or gifts. So I have not seen her since Wed. She is emailing however. She says she does not have much space there, so gifts would create clutter. I hope she does not get depressed.

She did say that after she is home, she will need help, so no visitors until then. I am glad that she is asking for help in the future. She tends to be very independent, which is a good thing, and it must be doubly hard for her to ask for help. I think the adjustment period after she returns home is going to be difficult for her. However, her brother is arriving on March 7th and having her immediate family with her is going to help her a lot emotionally. We are all sending her prayers and good thoughts.

vCash
    She's adjusting to her "new normal"; and the routine that comes with it, I'm sure.

Just continue to be supportive.
    The time will come when she will welcome you.

vCash

Listserv for Amputation Support

Vashi:

There is a listserv (discussion group) at the University of Washington since 1995 for amputees to discuss issues of concern
    and to receive replies from those who have been there. The list is AMP-L@u.washington.edu and it is well run-moderated.

To SUBSCRIBE to AMP-L visit

http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mai...istinfo/amp-l/

Subscribe to Amp-L by filling out the form. You must include your FULL name. Failure to do so will result in removal.
    You will be sent e-mail requesting confirmation which prevents others from gratuitously subscribing you. AMP-L is a
    hidden list, which means that the list of members/subscribers is available only to the list administrator for the sake of privacy.

You will receive a confirmation notice which requires you to reply,
    insuring you are indeed subscribing from the address sent.

Only subscribers are permitted to post messages to AMP-L and may post ONLY from the subscribed address.

You friend is welcome to subscribe.

Best to you both

Phiberoptik

vCash
    Phiber,

Thanks for the information. I will pass on this information to my friend who is in rehab right now. I think at some point she may want to subscribe to groups like this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123