Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Joan Rivers Not Apologizing for Holocaust Joke On E! Fashion Police

Joan Rivers refusing to apologize for the Holocaust joke she made on the E! Fashion Police review:

I'll admit I was shocked that she made it. But I'm not Jewish, I cannot say she didn't have a right to say it? If that makes sense.
    If I were Jewish, personally, I would not have said it, but Joan loves to shock. I remember reading a bio on Richard Pryor released after he burned himself freebasing, and they interviewed Joan. She loved Richard. But she said something I found shocking, considering I had been reading Anne Frank's diary. She said that she could laugh her way out of a concentration camp.

Was she wrong?

vCash
    I think the jokes are more tasteless than Joan River's usual tasteless jokes. I personally don't find her to be good at all. If she was a brilliant comic then she wouldn't need to resort to the lowest common denominator for laugh.

vCash
    "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens," Rivers said.
    I would have never said anything like that but I think that the fact Rivers is Jewish herself means she can get away with it. I don't think she has anything to apologise for, to be honest.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    No. She doesn't get a pass for being Jewish. It would have been stupid and offensive no matter who said it. For that matter it was unfair to Heidi and present-day Germans.

And no I'm not a prig. I thought 'we saw your boobs' was sort of funny.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Ziggy got it right IMO: I wasn't offended mostly because she is Jewish. And because it's her thing to shock. Le shrug. Perhaps it's my Russian cultural background--we laugh at the most horrible things.

Since PRLady mentioned, "We Saw Your Boobs" is such an earworm! Must be MacFarlane's fine singing.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    "Shocking" humor like Joan's can be hit or miss.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    But will she be apologizing for not being funny? And inflicting her face on the world (though I think she does joke about her bad plastic surgery already)?
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Honestly, this sounds like something she might have said on the Tonight Show 30 years ago.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    she can keep her holocaust joke, im waiting for an apology for refusing to accept that she cant make melissa happen
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    she can keep her holocaust joke, im waiting for an apology for refusing to accept that she cant make melissa happen
    Melissa hasn't been around Fashion Police. Is she trying to make her happen elsewhere? And Joan's jokes about her face/herself were almost back to back last Monday.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    melissa exec produces fashion police, according to melissa anyway
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I would have never said anything like that but I think that the fact Rivers is Jewish herself means she can get away with it. I don't think she has anything to apologise for, to be honest.
    I agree.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    melissa exec produces fashion police, according to melissa anyway
    Well, at least she is behind the scenes.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Well, at least she is behind the scenes.

There is a Gawd, Miz Celie, There IS a GAWD!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Melissa hasn't been around Fashion Police. Is she trying to make her happen elsewhere? .
    Isn't there some reality show with Melissa and Joan? I've never seen it, but I heard Joan doing some promo for it recently.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I thought she was especially annoying this particular show (have I just been blind?). But when she said that "joke", my immediate reaction: Not.Funny. At all.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    She was stumbling a lot with her jokes on Fashion Police, actually had to explain one of them after messing up the punchline. I think she's just trying to top herself and go for more shocking comments. But, it's Joan. To her, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

vCash
    Has anyone else seen that documentary on Joan? I loved it...it's called "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work."
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Isn't there some reality show with Melissa and Joan? I've never seen it, but I heard Joan doing some promo for it recently.

yes. i'm told it is in season 3 but i have never actually stumbled upon it. it is on WE which says a lot.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I have seen the preview for Joan's "reality" show and it looks far more scripted than even the most scripted of reality shows. All the scenes were clearly set up and I would even go so far as to say they had actors.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast