Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1007

vCash
    They tried to sweep away Tarantino, who has just got an award for his Django Unchained screenplay, playing "Gone with the wind" main theme LOL and he went all Whatever no way I´m going to move without finishing my speech HA!

I liked Argo the most (but Haneke´s Amour) of the movies nominated, that I´ve seen, so yeah Who would have thought Ben "stonedface" Affleck would become such a talented director
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Re the orchestra: How much does that suck that they had to play in a dingy room in a different building? I hope they were included in the ball afterwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Random thoughts:

Anne Hathaway = what Rachel Berry's character is on GLEE (only not as successful as A.H.) Perky, overly earnest, talented, etc.

HATED all the pale dresses that do nothing but wash out the women. Either go classic black, classic white, or a jewel toned IMOSeth McFarlane = grown-up looking Peter Brady.

Kristen Stewart = Kim Kardashian of the acting world. Insanly popular despite little talent. I had to laugh at those the wrote that she looked like she didn't want to be there. That's her perpetual expression. At least she's consistent.

Hugh Jackman is only getting better looking with age. Swoon!!!

The insertion of musicals like Chicago and Dreamgirls was completely nonsensical. Factor in that the telecast was produced by the people who produced Chicago, and you've got a self-serving, random menagerie of productions that are too recent to be considered classic, but too old to be relevent.

The Jaws play-off music was only funny once. Don't do it again.

Take a cue from "Wedding Crashers" toast rules, "Don't try to be funny. Be Heartfelt". They should ditch presenter "bits" altogether and just say something nice about the category they're presenting and get on with it.The opening host number should be no longer than 7 minutes tops. That should be a rule going forward.
    Interesting thoughts: I hear you about the dresses but I loved Jessica Chastain's "Old Hollywood" look. I thought the color was perfect for her fair skin and red hair.
    Also it was hard watching two fun stars like Rudd and McCarthy crash---I would love to see a film montage of movies or people that had won the award previously and some sort of short explanation. I don't think it should be required that you be funny and maybe the funniest moments are unplanned.

vCash
    Random thoughts:

HATED all the pale dresses that do nothing but wash out the women. Either go classic black, classic white, or a jewel toned IMO

Kristen Stewart = Kim Kardashian of the acting world. Insanly popular despite little talent. I had to laugh at those the wrote that she looked like she didn't want to be there. That's her perpetual expression. At least she's consistent.

The insertion of musicals like Chicago and Dreamgirls was completely nonsensical. Factor in that the telecast was produced by the people who produced Chicago, and you've got a self-serving, random menagerie of productions that are too recent to be considered classic, but too old to be relevent.

They should ditch presenter "bits" altogether and just say something nice about the category they're presenting and get on with it.

The opening host number should be no longer than 7 minutes tops. That should be a rule going forward.
    From your post I only retained the portion I will comment on.

I liked some of the pale dresses because they were good (Jessica Chastain, for example; Liked only the upper half of JLaw's dress). I am not into classic blacks- it's too monotonous, but they look good, no matter what black dress you wear. I generally prefer seeing all kinds of colors- blue, red, green, yellow, black, white, pink, etc. Most dresses were tastefully done this year.

Kristen Stewart - LOL. I agree with the comment.

Musicals: I actually enjoyed those presentations. They are better than listening to nonsense by presenters, which brings me to your next comment.

ITA that the presenters should just talk about the awards. Trying to be funny usually does not work. It just makes the show long and boring. One pair (I can't remember their names) went on and on and on about nothing in particular. I wanted to SCREAM- Just do it!

ITA about the opening host number too. I still like Billy Crystals songs to open the Oscars. Seth's opening number was way too long. It was like- can we PLEASE get to the Oscars?

vCash
    I think either NPH or Tina&Amy should host all award shows from now on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Amen to that!

vCash
    Didn't Kristen Stewart cut her foot on glass two days prior? Maybe they doped her up on meds. But still, I've seen a bunch of her interviews and her personality isn't as press friendly as Jennifer Lawrence's. It also probably is dawning on her that now Twilight's over, her career is kind of hit a fork in the road. Snow White and the Huntsman did fine in the Box Office but who knows if she'll be back for the sequel, and she was banking on On the Road to get her a few award nominations but that got mixed reviews at best. She's probably wondering if she'll ever get to go to the show as something other than a presenter or someone's date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    I loved Dame Shirley, but I wish she had sung "Diamonds Are Forever" also.
    Heck she could have sung the phone book and I would have loved it Her voice is still amazing - wow!!!

But I agree - "Diamonds are Forever" would have been awesome!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I"m a little over George Clooney. He can't carry off a sexy beard like Brad P.
    Au contraire! The beard (plus the grey hair) make him look like my husband!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Shakespeare in Love anyone?
    I love that movie and thought it deserved the win (less so GOOP). Spielberg was rightly rewarded with Best Director that year.

vCash

ITA. If they had brought back some classics instead, I would have been totally fine with it. Dreamgirls and Chicago just seemed out of place somehow. I was actually disappointed that they didn't follow up the Sound of Music joke with a performance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    No, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood should do at least a few. They usually do a really nice job.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I agree with both of you!

ETA I don't want Django Unchained to win because it pissed me off that Django is pronounced Jango.
    If it's good enough for Django Reinhardt, it's good enough for Quentin Tarantino's film.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Didn't Kristen Stewart cut her foot on glass two days prior? Maybe they doped her up on meds. But still, I've seen a bunch of her interviews and her personality isn't as press friendly as Jennifer Lawrence's. It also probably is dawning on her that now Twilight's over, her career is kind of hit a fork in the road. Snow White and the Huntsman did fine in the Box Office but who knows if she'll be back for the sequel, and she was banking on On the Road to get her a few award nominations but that got mixed reviews at best. She's probably wondering if she'll ever get to go to the show as something other than a presenter or someone's date.
    No offense to Miss Stewart, but she ALWAYS looks like she'd doped up on meds. In that she always looks incredibly disinterested and awkward and out of it. Last night was no exception. Although I feel kind of like a hypocrite for being annoyed with her because I love Jennifer for being who she is and not trying to act a certain way at events, and maybe Kirsten is the same. Maybe she just hates it. :p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I don't know anything about his TV shows or movies (cause I hate going to the theater, and wouldn't know who wrote them anyway), and I never even really knew who he was until I saw him on Saturday Night Live, but I thought Seth MacFarlane was a great host. I was laughing the whole time. I thought he was funny. Guess it was just me.
    I though he was funny, too!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post

That fork in the road may well be stuck in her career. Her facial expression while acting varies from looking annoyed to looking constipated.

vCash
    I am someone who HATES Family Guy so I was expecting to hate McFarlane as host. However, I was surprised – he is a likeable guy despite the occasional low brow humor. Not my favorite host ever but I would watch him again. I thought it was a “fun” evening, kind of light hearted. Thumbs up.
    What would Jenny do?

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Those videos of Jennifer Lawrence are totally charming.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I missed most of the show. We had a party to go to last night (A Valentine party that was postponed from Feb. 10th - snow storm). Got back around 10:45, so I saw best Actress, Actor, movie and the closing number. But missed the opening number and the musical melange. I've seen them on line, now. But, I really don't have a sense of McFarlane as a host. I thought the opening number was pretty funny. I loved the closing number, but I adore Kristen Chenoweth. McFarlane really held his own with his vocals!
    I would love to see NPH do the Oscars, as long as he's willing. I loved Billy Crystal hosting, but I don't think he's the right age demographic anymore.

vCash
    Well, Swedish film people have been happy today. The two dudes who shared the Sound Editing award are both Swedes, and then there's Malik Bendjelloul and his excellent documentary Searching for Sugar Man.

And I would totally stay up and watch the show if Neil Patrick Harris was the host. Or Nathan Fillion. Or both together.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast