Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Was upstairs watching the biggies w/my Mom and have caught up w/the three pages that were created while I was up there.

I really didn't have a favourite in the Best Actress race, but Jennifer Lawrence has really come across as a very grounded and charming young lady and I *loved* her speech. Although, ITA w/you all, as w/whom it was rushing to help her, she should have stayed down.

DDL is such a dorky guy, but he's a funny and obscenely talented dorky guy. I would also love to see that version of Lincoln w/Meryl playing the President. If only... Congratulations to him on becoming the first actor to win 3 Best Actor Oscars.

And I am thrilled that Argo won Best Picture!! A shame that Ben had to rush his speech because of the "trying to not go long at Award Shows" stupidity, because just about everyone know they're going to go long. A rant for another time though. Anyway...Really happy for Ben, as it was looking like his career had flat lined for good a few years ago and I've always liked him for some reason, so very happy for him tonight.

And that's another Oscars in the book. I think I can sum up how I felt about the show and Seth this way...

For once since the Cdn Curling Association moved the Championship Final of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts to Prime Time, which is always Oscar Sunday, I was so very, very, very happy they did. I at least had something else to check out inbetween the actual awards being given out and during some of the more awkward and flatter moments. I know there are some out there that were not so lucky.

Of course, things were also made more bearable due to all of you!! I say it every year, but there is nothing like following the Oscars here on FSU. Thanks to one and all for the great snark and posts!!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    Y

Apparently, people really hated that Lincoln joke.
    why? because his family was in the audience?

i'll photoshop us some team seth t shirts tomorrow
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    I think my girl JLaw's fall threw her off her game, and she prolly didn't give the whole speech she would've.

vCash
    I think it was pretty quintessentially JLaw that she fell, honestly It fits in with her general irreverent attitude and awkwardness

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i want a gif of her falling and jean and wolverine rushing over
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love this from the red carpet interviews

J-Law would be obsessed with the food

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    I think my girl JLaw's fall threw her off her game, and she prolly didn't give the whole speech she would've.
    She doesn't usually give long, thought-out speeches. And she says she never really prepares much on the fly. AND I'm guessing for the Oscars, brevity was her best chance at avoiding something like an f-bomb. She probably didn't trust herself, lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    im ok w a ddl win but i thought phoenix was as good and that would freak the room out if he won
    I was hoping Phoenix would win...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    i want a gif of her falling and jean and wolverine rushing over
    I saw one posted on Twitter a little while ago but can't find it now. Try Googling it though because I know someone out there made one!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    among others, there was this gem:
    reporter: "Jennifer, are you afraid that you are peaking too early?"
    Lawrence: "well, now I am."
    Love her!

vCash

i'll photoshop us some team seth t shirts tomorrow
    Make one for me.

vCash
    Jennifer shouldn't worry about being one of those Oscar winners who are out of work the day after the ceremony. She's got three more Hunger Games movies, 1-2 X-Men films and a slew of other Oscar bait films, including TWO more with David O'Russel. It will be a long time before she becomes irreverent to the current movie world. :p

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    on kimmel, he went into seth's dressing room at the oscar's and he is a hoarder with a life size michelle kwan cardboard figure in full spiral. if i didnt already like him, i'd be legally obligated now.

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    That's kind a rather strong sentiment, don't ya think?

And come on, she's 22! I'm sure she was well aware she was favored to win, but still who expects to win an Oscar that young?
    Well, if it's any consolation, I "hate" the following Best Actress winners:

Julia Roberts -won for a Lifetime Movie of the Week and has no range. She has actually managed to be unconvincing at portraying herself

Sandra Bullock -won for an even worse Lifetime Movie of the Week and has no range

Gwenyth Paltrow -although she has some talent, she was the weakest of the nominees in the year she won, constantly puts down her home country, named her child after a fruit, made comments like " I was sitting in front of my wood burning stove ,when I realized I hadn't thought of dessert " and " I would rather die than let my children eat cup of Noodle soup" ... the list goes on.

I admit that ( especially compared to those three) Jennifer Lawrence is a solid actress; I don't think she was really the strongest in this field, but I wasn't crazy about Jessica Chastain either. I just found her speech to be very cringeworthy/awkward and contrived , as in ,worse than Anne Hathaway's GG and Halle Berry's Oscar combined. I will admit, however, that tripping up the stage was one of those caught off guard endearing moments. I have liked her in some movies, and she wasn't bad in SLP. Maybe she'll grow on me.
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 02-25-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    How many of you would be that complimentary if it had been Laura Bush doing that?
    I wouldn't have minded. Laura was okay and First Ladies are supposed to be neutral, picking causes like getting kids to read or childhood obesity, etc. that we can all get behind. Of course, it would have reminded me that Bush was in office but my annoyance over that was fairly constant for 8 years so I got use to it.

Now, I just adore Michelle, more than Hillary when she was FL, so I wouldn't have been as super excited to see Laura as I was to see Michelle. But I wouldn't have snarked like I would have over Nancy Reagan who I could. not. stand.

I don't think having the FL on such an event is inappropriate. Having the POTUS would be.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I liked JLaw better in other movies. It was ridiculous that she won against 3 of those actresses who were better (not counting Wallis because I have not seen the movie). It was not a surprise though, since she won the SAG and the GG (comedy), just like Paltrow who also won against stronger performances. It was not as bad as Sandra Bullock's win but why can't the academy respect older women who bring depth to their performances? Jennifer could win 5 Oscars at this rate, before she grows old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Jennifer shouldn't worry about being one of those Oscar winners who are out of work the day after the ceremony. She's got three more Hunger Games movies, 1-2 X-Men films and a slew of other Oscar bait films, including TWO more with David O'Russel. It will be a long time before she becomes irreverent to the current movie world. :p
    Yes, exactly. She has no chance of being irrelevant any time in the next decade with all the projects she has lined up.

vCash
    The highlights of the evening for me were:

Argo won Best Picture -very happy for Ben
    Ang Lee won Best Director (I was OK with Spielberg winning it too)- his reaction after each Pi award was wonderful.
    DDL's win- although the most predictable award of the night; totally deserved
    Adele singing 'Skyfall'
    Barbra Streisand singing 'The way we were'
    Catherine Zeta Jones has quite a singing voice! I hated Chicago's win that year, but she was awesome in it.

Looking back, Lee's BD Oscar was justifiable. It was perhaps the most challenging movie to make this year. I had read somewhere that not many thought one could make a movie out of that book.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Ok I've figured it out.. he's a good writer.. but his timing is off for delivery.. that's why he's a 'behind the scenes' kinda guy???
    You nailed it, that's the problem. He is charming, the material is decent but it's the timing.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Adele's make-up is always so perfect
    Michael Ashton is a god in the world of make-up artistry . I absolutely how he does eyes and lips, as well as creating absolutely flawless skin on his clients. Sheer (no pun intended) perfection .

Contrast that with Kristin Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Does K-Stew own shampoo?!
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    K-Stew would look pretty if she owned a comb.
    FFS, show some pride in your appearance, chickie, especially when you're at the biggest and most-watched awards show on TV! My momma would me bald-headed if I was on camera looking like that. Hell, my hair looks better when I do an early morning run to the store to grab a gallon of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    She looks like she would rather be anywhere else.
    Isn't that how she always looks?
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast