Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Seth MacFarlene has a better singing voice than many in the movie cast of Les Mis.
    yes, i'd like to go back in time and redo the whole thing. i'd give him a part.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I feel bad for Spielberg. It seems like Lincoln got shut out on a lot. Yes Day Lewis one but its Day Lewis.... Anyone could direct him to an oscar..I thought his movie was brilliant though...

vCash
    Forgot Thunderball by Tom Jones and You Only Live Twice by Nancy Sinatra.

License to Kill by Gladys Knight.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    IT'S OUR JENNIFER!!!! and how could she do her acceptance any other way? I'm soooo thrilled for her. this Winters Bone and Hunger Games fan is so proud.
    My highlights of the evening were the wins for Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway, Ang Lee, Adele (Skyfall), and Daniel Day-Lewis, and the performances of Dame Shirley, Adele, Barbra Streisand, and the Les Miz number.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 02-25-2013 at 05:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I feel bad for Spielberg. It seems like Lincoln got shut out on a lot. Yes Day Lewis one but its Day Lewis.... Anyone could direct him to an oscar..I thought his movie was brilliant though...
    I completely agree. Spielberg's directing is so versatile. He has directed horror, suspence, drama, sci fi.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    thanks everyone.. pleasant addition to the t.v. viewing (along with marking)..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Bill Clinton announced the best picture category at the Golden Globes.
    Eys, but that was long after he was in office, and it still seemed inappropriate IMO. Michelle Obama being inserted into the Best Picture nominee announcement seemed a bit too contrived and pushy. There was absolutely no need for it. Politicians (or their wives, especially one whose spouse is currently in office) have no place in these awards shows, period. That was a total turnoff.

How many of you would be that complimentary if it had been Laura Bush doing that?

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Jennifer Lawrence's press conference on E!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Wow, that's sad. So many great bond songs: Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, Nobody Does It Better, For Your Eyes Only, Die Another Day
    I was pretty shocked when I read that stat earlier, but Live and Let Die lost to The Way We Were and Nobody Does It Better lost to You Light Up My Life, which were pretty iconic best song winners. Goldfinger inexplicably was not nominated in 1965. As for the other two, I don't think they are in the same league as the others. For Your Eyes Only was nominated (losing to Arthur's Theme) while and Die Another Day wasn't nominated (but probably would have lost to Lose Yourself).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Eys, but that was long after he was in office, and it still seemed inappropriate IMO. Michelle Obama being inserted into the Best Picture nominee announcement seemed a bit too contrived and pushy. There was absolutely no need for it. Politicians (or their wives, especially one whose spouse is currently in office) have no place in these awards shows, period. That was a total turnoff.

How many of you would be that complimentary if it had been Laura Bush doing that?

We'd probably all say really awful things about her because we are all spineless hypocrites.

Or we'd still think it was really random, too. Either one.

vCash

LOL

I wouldn't have an issue with it.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash

Not sure if I agree.. I think Laura Bush would be complimented.. I think a lot of people liked her.. I enjoyed the involvement of Mrs Obama.. not as good as her mom dance segment but nice to add a bit of dignity to the affair..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I was pretty shocked when I read that stat earlier, but Live and Let Die lost to The Way We Were and Nobody Does It Better lost to You Light Up My Life, which were pretty iconic best song winners. Goldfinger inexplicably was not nominated in 1965. As for the other two, I don't think they are in the same league as the others. For Your Eyes Only was nominated (losing to Arthur's Theme) while and Die Another Day wasn't nominated (but probably would have lost to Lose Yourself).
    Well A View To Kill by Duran Duran is one of their best hits and I love the song. View To A kIll was not nominated in 85 and the winner was Say you, Say me by Lionel Ritchie for White Nights. To not have A View to Kill nominated is just plain stupid of the academy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Jennifer Lawrence's press conference on E!
    What did she say?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    My highlights of the evening were the wins for Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway, Ang Lee, Adele (Skyfall), and Daniel Day-Lewis, and the performances of Dame Shirley, Adele, Barbra Streisand, and the Les Miznumber.
    I agree with all these.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    What did she say?
    She was getting dumb questions, like what was she thinking when she fell on the stairs. To which she replied "A dirty word. That stars with an F."
    And a different reporter was asking if he felt she has peaked too soon in her career. Of course her answer was "I hope not."
    Then she out loud wondered if the Academy press rep was setting her up with these dumb questions.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    What did she say?
    among others, there was this gem:
    reporter: "Jennifer, are you afraid that you are peaking too early?"
    Lawrence: "well, now I am."

vCash
    I didn't see anything disingenuous or insincere about JLaw's speech. She didn't really thank everybody, she didn't do aww shucks, she fell and said this is nuts, peace out y'all; I'm gettin' my crunk on in typical JLaw fashion.

I didn't really want her to win before as I found her performance serviceable but not special, but after her speech I'm glad she did
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    You know, if I only read Twitter, I'd think that I was the only one who enjoyed Seth tonight.

Apparently, people really hated that Lincoln joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    She was getting dumb questions, like what was she thinking when she fell on the stairs. To which she replied "A dirty word. That stars with an F."
    And a different reporter was asking if he felt she has peaked too soon in her career. Of course her answer was "I hope not."
    Then she out loud wondered if the Academy press rep was setting her up with these dumb questions.
    Love her! Thanks for the details

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast