Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    So, it goes... fill with clean, hot water and soap. Wash glasses. Put in silverware. Start washing dishes. Finish silverware. Do the pots and pans last because those are nasty and will make everything else nasty.
    You do rinse them thoroughly with clear water, don't you?

In all these US TV shows I see people taking dishes out of soapy water and just putting them to dry. However I hope this aspect of the shows is as unrealistic as the rest.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    money to burn
    she actually doesnt. i have suggested that perhaps this is part of the problem but she says no. however, if you hang around her you can pick up a free but greasy grill.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    In all these US TV shows I see people taking dishes out of soapy water and just putting them to dry. However I hope this aspect of the shows is as unrealistic as the rest.
    Yes, it's unrealistic just like how no one says "Good-bye" before they hang up on you.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    she actually doesnt. i have suggested that perhaps this is part of the problem but she says no. however, if you hang around her you can pick up a free but greasy grill.
    I've got plenty of Dawn if you happen to come across one and would be willing to dump it in box and send it my way.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    lol, if i get back there. corinne's apartment is not the kind of place i go to on purpose. it's as clean as her grills. it's the kind of place you end up at when an evening gets away from you.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I stand by my guess that this all part of the current trend in Russia where it's 'in' to dislike all things US, with a helping of Leonova's own general lack of sophistication.
    And Putin wins!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Why is New Jersey called the "garden state" then?
    Cruisin's yard is very pretty.
    3539 and counting.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    And Putin Dobby wins!
    That's better! Although Putin did win.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    You do rinse them thoroughly with clear water, don't you?

I've never known anyone in the US to not rinse (with clear water) their hand washed dishes. It's common in England, though.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I've never known anyone in the US to not rinse (with clear water) their hand washed dishes. It's common in England, though.

Don't worry, we rinse it here too!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

Don't worry, we rinse it here too!
    Not in my experience. We had a thread about it a couple of years ago, too.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Not in my experience. We had a thread about it a couple of years ago, too.
    Well, and in my experience we do. In fact, I don't know about anyone from my friends or people I have visited who wouldn't rinse it off.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Well, and in my experience we do.
    That's nice.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Some of my Dutch friends don't rinse the dishes either. After getting everything out of the soapy water they just dry them and that's it. (and think it's a pakistani habit when they see me rinse them) I've seen other Dutch people rinse their dishes though.

More and more people are using dishwashers. I don't have one and don't feel the need for one, but I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in the future nobody will know how to do the dishes.

vCash
    My, 25 pages here and I didn't see one reference to her coach being slimy and "dating" young women. However, it's understandable that she dislikes U.S. due to unpaved roads and lack of good food unless brought in by a van because grandmas don't cook, that is what husbands are for. She needs to avoid Corinne's apartment and be sure forks are washed and dishes rinsed, not just soap wiped off. There may or may not be dishwashers in her dorm like housing in New Jersey.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Is Le Big Mac Eroding France’s Culinary Heritage?

A just-released report on the country’s food culture, however, won’t do much to quell the fears that the country’s culinary dominance has been slipping in recent years. The study, conducted by the French food-consulting firm Gira Conseil, revealed that sales of hamburgers, pizzas, hotdogs and other fast-food items have surpassed those of traditional restaurant dishes for the first time.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    That is ze economic crisis! Ze traditional dishes are more expensif!

The year I came to France, Burger King pulled out of the country because of lack of interest. Pity, because I love ze whopper!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't love ze whopper and prefer Le Big Mac sans the middle bun (why do you need it?). However, when in France, I expect to eat French dishes. And did too. And how!

from Speedy Death

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Popcorn!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Is Le Big Mac the chicken or the egg? Long before fast food became dominant, there were reports from France and Spain bemoaning how American business practices and internationalization were making the long lunch, and in the case of the Spain, the siesta obsolete. The shock was that people were eating quickly at their desks to work more like the Mericuns. It seems to me the next step is eating fast food, because it's quicker to get and can be taken out.

I also remember an essay by Adam Gopnik about a protest over a stand-alone traditional restaurant being purchased by a corporation, which was trying to make the menu and service consistent across all of the restaurants. At corporate restaurants, table turn-over is a key metric; my understanding is that, traditionally, at most restaurants in France or Spain, it used to be that once at a table, you owned the table. If that's true, limiting table time would be like reducing portion size in NA: a loss of value.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast