Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

vCash
    I love this show. I haven't read the books but had to peak on wikipedia to read up on my fave characters. My 2 faves are still alive (well I personally think the one is still alive) so all is good in the hood for me. I am hoping that in the end the 2 I like the most marry. LMAO!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I love this show. I haven't read the books but had to peak on wikipedia to read up on my fave characters. My 2 faves are still alive (well I personally think the one is still alive) so all is good in the hood for me. I am hoping that in the end the 2 I like the most marry. LMAO!
    Well it IS called a Song of Ice and Fire
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Not having read the books...I presume the "Ice" is Jon Snow and the Fire is....not the evil red witch! My dream is to unite Jon and Danaae... (sorry if I misspelled that...in a hurry....) BTW - is anyone else as annoyed by Ygritte as I am? Can that child think of nothing else to talk about but sex? OK-being around Jon Snow would have anybody talking about sex, but it gets really old.

vCash
    There is a lot of conjecture on who Jon Snow's parent's really are. Ned said he is/was the father but I don't think he is. I think Ned's sister is the mother which means he might have Targaryen blood in him. But who knows?
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    This episode didn't have the whoa moments last week had and I felt they should have had Yunkai falling in this ep. It seems like they are setting up for next season.

The last scene was great though. M

vCash
    ITA Yehudi

vCash
    Pretty underwhelmed by tonight's episode. Too much crammed into this episode that the flashes of brilliance (Tywin's smackdown of Joff, Arya going total Stark on the Frey men with the hound helping) were sort of lost. That scene of the wedding hall being scrubbed while Frey gloated - ugh. And at Robb's body with Grey Wind's head. Poor direwolves are not having an easy series.

I'm sick of Theon torture. We didn't need it all season. And enough with Dany. She's building a massive camp of followers - how is that woman going to feed everyone? And stop calling yourself queen of the 7 kingdoms unless you get your pale a** to Westeros. All she does is burn things.

I'm also annoyed that Sansa's big moments are off screen - we didn't see her getting told about the Tyrion wedding and we didn't see her told about Robb and Catelyn (and the rest of his army).

So glad Jon got shot full of arrows by Ygritte. That's the first thing she's done all year I've approved of. And can Gilly please leave my screen? That blank look followed by whining is annoying me.

So poor Gendry's on the way back to King's Landing in a rowboat but can't paddle or row? That was random. Gutsy move by Davos though.

Season of 10 episodes is way too short. And now it's time for me to cancel HBO for the next 10 months...

vCash
    You know, it definitely felt like a tonic to those of us who were unprepared for the Red Wedding. Arya got a bit of revenge. An innocent was saved. It ended on a note of triumph. Not my favourite of the season and it didn't have me screaming at my television to not end like the season two finale did, but I liked it overall.

ETA: Loved Varys' speech, particularly since I couldn't tell if Shea was right in her assertion that he was acting on behalf of Tyrion.

vCash
    So was this the season finale? We are watching computer files of the series via PC-to-TV computer, so don't see any of the HBO promotional stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    So was this the season finale? We are watching computer files of the series via PC-to-TV computer, so don't see any of the HBO promotional stuff.
    yes, this was the finale

vCash
    It felt like a very quiet ending to the season IMO. After the onslaught of emotions that episode 9 brought on, it didn't grab the same way.

I can't believe it's a year until season 4 now. And I also wish seasons were longer; 12 isn't so much more, but I'd love that!

vCash
    I think the 10 to 12 episode season is what makes HBO and Showtime series so watchable. Each season has a nice story arc and then it's done. Recently, the big networks -- CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox -- have said they're considering switching some series to 12-show seasons. You always eagerly anticipate a new season and when a season is done you're left wanting more. With network shows I'm usually bored after 22 to 24 episodes stretched over nine months with reruns and breaks in the middle. Love Game of Thrones just the way it is.

vCash
    The Red Viper has been cast. Not too sure about this. Too bad James Purefoy is not available.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...n-martell.html

vCash
    YES! I love Indira Varma.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...aria-sand.html

BTW, Jason Momoa still can't get over the fact that Drogo died. . Hey, if I was Emilia Clarke, I'd swoon too.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/k...omic-con-panel

vCash
    I started watching the series about two weeks ago and I'm all caught up.

It's really good! Lots of story lines (and names) to follow and keep up with. I won't comment on everyone (that'd take too long) but I will comment on my favs:

Daenerys/Khaleesi: I have a girl crush on her. I really love her character and watching all 3 seasons right after the other I get a clear sense of how she's grown from the first time we see her to now. I think she's realizing the power she has not only as the rightful heir to the 7 kingdoms but as a person. She's tough and strong but she has a good heart and would be a great ruler. It's awesome how all of the fighting is going on in Westeros between the Starks/Lanisters/Barenthians (sp?)/etc. yet none of them realize that she is conquering city after city in the east. I love how she got that guy at the Slaver's Bay place. Dracaris...*fiery death!* It was so awesome! She's a total BAMF/HBIC and now with Rob dead I'm hoping to see Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen restored to the throne!

Tyrian (sp?): I don't know how to spell half of the names! Lol! The only reason I have an idea of how to spell Daenerys' name is b/c there are a lot of subtitles in her scenes. Anyhoo, I love Tyrian! He's the only Lanister who is redeemable IMO. He's funny and sweet but he's also kind and fair...all of those are things the rest of his family are not. I really wish when Tywin came back that he (Tyrian) had taken Shay's offer and sailed away with her. His family doesn't care for him, his father is a total and complete a-hole, and he and Shay really love each other. Now that he's been forced to marry Sansa, I just don't see that happening. Lord Varis tried to get Shay to leave but I didn't think she would...I can't see that story line ending happily. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the whole Sansa-Tyrian-Shay situation next season.

Aria: God, that poor child just can't catch a break! So close to seeing her mother and brother and then to have to witness all of that. I have a feeling she's going to turn into this kick-ass assassin by the time all is said and done. Her list is growing by the day. She and the Hound seem to be a pair now which is so weird considering he was on her list but now she kinda owes him her life. I think it also says a lot about him that he's taking care of her. He came off like a total monster at one point but the fact that he left Kings Landing ("F*ck the king!") shows that he has some sense. I'm curious to see what will happen with Aria when that uber-killer guy (the B-name warriors, can't think of it) shows back up.

The wedding scene was SO shocking. I felt something was about to happen though...there was something off about the guy closing the doors. It made me nervous...and with good reason. That was so brutal, so shocking...I was speechless at the end. It shows nobody is safe on this show.

My sister said the books are great and stick very closely to the show. I plan on downloading them soon. Great show! When does it come back on? I have no idea what time of year it runs. Hell, I don't even know what night or time it comes on either!
    Last edited by kwanatic; 07-30-2013 at 03:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Great show! When does it come back on? I have no idea what time of year it runs. Hell, I don't even know what night or time it comes on either!
    It typically runs from March to June.
    HBO always plays its big series on Sunday nights and then runs them again during the week.

vCash
    So DH and I have been getting the series on Netflix and are totally addicted. Close to finishing season 2, but I just read that season 3 isn't being released on DVD until February!! WTF?!

I already know a couple of the season 3 spoilers anyway, but dang. Don't know how I can wait that long. Between that and Downton Abbey not airing in the US until January I'll need another show to become addicted to in the meantime..... Maybe Mad Men, plenty of seasons so not likely to run out anytime soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    I already know a couple of the season 3 spoilers anyway, but dang. Don't know how I can wait that long. Between that and Downton Abbey not airing in the US until January I'll need another show to become addicted to in the meantime..... Maybe Mad Men, plenty of seasons so not likely to run out anytime soon!
    Check Netflix or Hulu. I know one of those sites has it...of course they're pay sites but it's totally worth it.

I started watching Downton Abbey when I started watching Game of Thrones. I'm through with season 2 (the Christmas episode was great!) and I'll be starting season 3 this weekend. I love both shows but I hate that I'll have to wait so long for new episodes

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789