Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    HBO has put up a farewell interview w/Esme Blanco/Ros...

HBO ~ Interview w/Esme Blanco

Never knew that about Ros' ring, but what a great little thing that could be for someone in her "former" profession. Don't blame her for being ticked over who provided her Character's final exit however. I think I'd be ticked about that too when I got the script and read that for the first time.

vCash
    Hello Daario Naharis

I think if any conservatives want to scare teens away from premarital sex, all they have to do is show Mel/Gendry and Theon from last week.

E-weekly said Loras was the one out of the four who got most screwed in the arranged martiage. I agree.

vCash
    So glad show Daario does not have a blue beard.

I know we got the wedding last night, and all of the delicious scenes with Cersie/Margery and Tywin/Tyrion, but I found it slow. Shae can take her pouting off my screen now. It was never cute and now it's just annoying. Or it could be the actress' limited range?

Did I see it right - 2 WEEKS until the next show? That's annoying on regular tv, but what's so important to HBO next Sunday night that they're postponing the biggest episode of the year for it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Did I see it right - 2 WEEKS until the next show? That's annoying on regular tv, but what's so important to HBO next Sunday night that they're postponing the biggest episode of the year for it?
    Liberace movie.

vCash
    I haven't read the books, so could someone explain the Theon Greyjoy torture storyline. I have no idea who is doing the torture and who were those women? I understand Theon's betrayal at Winterfell and assume this has something to do with it, but I'm completely lost and it seems way out of place.

vCash
    The guy doing the torturing is Ramsay Bolton, the bastard son of Roose Bolton of the Dreadfort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Liberace movie.
    I was under the impression that because GOT's lowest ratings were always on memorial day weekend, and since episode 9 is going to be pretty much the biggest episode of the series to date, they wanted to hold off a week to get better ratings. Even last season "Blackwater" had the lowest rating of the season, even though it's widely considered the best episode of the series so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    I was under the impression that because GOT's lowest ratings were always on memorial day weekend, and since episode 9 is going to be pretty much the biggest episode of the series to date, they wanted to hold off a week to get better ratings. Even last season "Blackwater" had the lowest rating of the season, even though it's widely considered the best episode of the series so far.
    I guess HBO thought the Liberace movie was more suited to Memorial Day weekend than Game of Thrones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I guess HBO thought the Liberace movie was more suited to Memorial Day weekend than Game of Thrones.
    I'm actually ok with it, since my sisters are coming to visit me that weekend and we're going to see a musical...not sure I'd be going if episode 9 was airing...I'm that much of a geek

I still can't believe there's only two episodes left

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Uh Samwell? You dropped that very useful dragon knife. Just sayin'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    I haven't read the books, so could someone explain the Theon Greyjoy torture storyline. I have no idea who is doing the torture and who were those women? I understand Theon's betrayal at Winterfell and assume this has something to do with it, but I'm completely lost and it seems way out of place.
    I don't want to spoil your fun through the storyline but I can tell you to nevermind about those two girls. Theon still has an important role to play. The torturer is called Ramsay Bolton. Ramsay is the son of one of Robb's bannermen.

Edit: Keep an eye on the Boltons. :p
    Last edited by DaiKozOda; 05-21-2013 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    I've loved this season so much. I happened to spoil myself for the next episode, as I'm impatient ...but I can't wait.

vCash
    First Nominations for Season Three have been announced and are for the Critics' Choice Television Awards. They are...

Best Drama
    Best Supporting Actor – Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
    Best Supporting Actress – Emilia Clarke
    Best Guest Performer – Diana Rigg

I saw it from over at Winter Is Coming, but is on all of the various GoT sites.

Great Interview w/Sophie over at Vulture.com about this past week's episode, Sansa's long walk down the aisle and finally getting married, but not in the way she dreamed back in Season One...

Vulture.com ~ Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion

Joffery doing a Winnie the Pooh themed rap during filming breaks? Oh I really do hope like Sophie someone recorded that!!

HBO has a new interview w/Carice van Houten...

HBO ~ Interview with Carice van Houten

Love her answer to what animal would you want to warg into. Also yesterday in Amsterdam, the Exhibition officially opened and as she's Dutch, Carice was there along w/Maisie and Liam Cunningham for it. The picture the guy who covered it for Winter Is Coming of Carice's shoes...She was wearing Black Cat Stilletos. The cat face was embroidered on top and there were even ears at the top.

I love an actor/actress who would do a Red Carpet like event like this wearing something like that. She really does come across in the interviews I've read and seen as a pretty cool lady.

vCash
    So have you guys chosen your outfit for Sunday's wedding? I heard that red is the recommended colour.

vCash
    Would that be Lannister Red or a different shade? Or something red that can be splattered?

vCash
    I believe the wedding invitation didn't really specified it but I'll go with Lannister red. I've heard it is trending a lot lately.
    Wedding season is busy in Westeros as we speak. Since I don't like to repeat outfits next one I'll wear something purple. I read somewhere that purple will be the hot color for next season.

vCash
    All joking aside...

I do know what's coming tonight and for the first time...I'm of two minds about watching it tonight. While I'm hoping for one kick ass episode to add to the other two kick ass Episode Nines of the last two Seasons, at the same time.... For the first time w/only an hour to go, I've got a queasy tummy thinking about tonight's episode.

It's weird as I'm looking forward to it, but also not looking forward to it. If that makes much sense.

One thing I can't wait for? Seeing what everyone's reaction will be. I for one do expect one thing: To be literally gobsmacked *and* also gutted beyond gutted after all is said and done.

Now w/that said....Bring on the Wedding!!! Drinks all around and I've heard the first dance is done to quite the downer tune....

vCash
    I watched tonight's episode. I figured something was up but I was still saddened by Rob's death. Rob was one of my favorite characters. Rob died with a broken heart

I loved the scene with Bran and his brother. Happy to see my good Jon Snow is back.

I feel gutted for Arya; she keeps losing those she loves. She was so close and the bastard killed the wolf.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    abulous episode. I cried a few times and also gasped a lot.

Bran and Rickon parting was very well done. I should have known that once "Maggie Simpson" started talking that he'd be leaving. Bye Osha. Hope we eventually see you both again!

Red Wedding. I knew it was coming, I've even re-read those chapters preparing for tonight, but I still felt a bit sick watching it play out. Old Frey on his 'throne' watching the deaths before him like a play being acted out, Cat's last stand, taking out a wife instead of a fool, Roose and his armor, Robb getting shot, crawling to the dying wife, and then gutted by Roose - just absolute brilliance.

And goodbye Talisa/Jeyne and 'King' Rob. I hope it was worth losing a war, the wolf, Cat, his bannermen, and your lives. At the end of it all, he wasn't a king, just a stupid boy who couldn't rule when he was off the battlefield.

For years, the showrunners have been gutting the character of book Cat, so I guess this was a fitting end? So glad she didn't rip her face to shreds first - that would have been too hard to watch.

Maisie, as usual, broke my heart. That poor child, so close and then having to watch the horror of the bannermen getting attacked, and Grey Wolf getting shot.

Now a question to everyone in the thread...

Are we still trying to keep it spoiler free for the non book readers? We did during the first season, and I really appreciated it for the first episode. I remember back to being stunned about Bran and thinking he was dead. The readers didn't go 'he's fine, he recovers and hangs out with 3 eyed crows and leaves Winterfell when it's burned to the ground.' But, now there's plot details and jokes about upcoming big shockers. Is everything fair game? Or can spoiler tags be used to protect our 'unsullied'?

vCash
    For a summary of all the reactions to the red wedding.
    https://twitter.com/redweddingtears

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast