Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another fantastic episode. Though I wonder when we're going to get anything of substance from Bran's storyline.

Stannis loves the cray cray chicks! WHAAAAAT is his wife?!

I was quite proud of Sansa and her manipulation of Littlefinger. Maybe the Tyrells are rubbing off on her in the right way

Floved Jamie and Brienne. NCW should put in for supporting actor awards this year. He's been killing it all season.

vCash
    Of course, someone was so kind as to screengrab NCW's lovely behind (Hey, those of us who prefer men want a little equality in the nudity department ). And I don't think I will ever be able to watch Season 1 of Downton Abbey again without thinking of Ygritte and the cave scene.

http://www.thefrisky.com/2013-04-29/...ones-nsfw-ish/

NSFW.

vCash
    Am I the only one that feels like slapping Robb in the face? One bad decision after another.
    On the other hand (no pun intended), Jaime Lannister is turning into one of my favorite characters.
    The end of the episode was amazing. Papa Lannister is a wonderful matchmaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like slapping Robb in the face? One bad decision after another.
    On the other hand (no pun intended), Jaime Lannister is turning into one of my favorite characters.
    The end of the episode was amazing. Papa Lannister is a wonderful matchmaker.
    Brains don't seem to run in the Stark/Tully lines. The only ones from those families I'm interested in are Blackfish and Arya

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Stannis loves the cray cray chicks! WHAAAAAT is his wife?!
    Well, to be completely fair, it was anything but a marriage of love. It's described as an arranged marriage in the books, maybe because the Baratheons wanted an alliance with her house (the Florents) and marrying her was an easy way to secure that? Not sure if they ever explain that in the series...She's definitely batshit in the books, though so that part doesn't change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Well, to be completely fair, it was anything but a marriage of love. It's described as an arranged marriage in the books, maybe because the Baratheons wanted an alliance with her house (the Florents) and marrying her was an easy way to secure that? Not sure if they ever explain that in the series...She's definitely batshit in the books, though so that part doesn't change.
    OK, I'll quantify my statement: Stannis has a knack for finding cray cray chicks!

I suspect there are very, very few marriages for love in Westeros, at least in the great houses.

vCash
    OK, I'll quantify my statement: Stannis has a knack for finding cray cray chicks!

I suspect there are very, very few marriages for love in Westeros, at least in the great houses.
    And the ironic thing is, Tywin Lannister, for all of his politicking, did marry for love (it may have also been about strengthening family ties but he was said to be very happy during his wedding day).

The other ironic thing is that a lot of the "love" matches don't really work out. Jorah was infatuated with his wife and pretty much bankrupted himself and got himself exiled in order to maintain the lifestyle she was accostomed to. There's also the Martells, who we haven't met yet, where the marriage of the ruling prince was for love but they ended up living apart because neither could get used to the other one's lifestyle.

vCash
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    That he does. All unhinged women (even previously normal ones) gravitate right towards him .

vCash
    I love watching this show with people who haven't read the books- the best reactions every time! Sometimes I wish I was going in blind as well, but the TV series is still thoroughly enjoyable.

I'm just as irritated with Robb as I thought I would be at this point. I understand why he did what he felt he needed to do...but keeping Karstark alive as a hostage was a much more 'kingly' idea. He is very much Ned Stark's son, thinking of the honor of everything first.

Jaime and Brienne's bath scene was very, very well done. So much emotion from Jaime; nailed that scene.

Arya continues to blow me away. All the women on this show do; they're very well written characters (including their flaws) and the actresses are wonderful.

Tyrion's reaction to his impending marriage to Sansa was spot on. Papa Lannister is quite the schemer.

vCash
    Can anyone tell me – IIUC – the last two books are not completed yet - if the author does not complete them, will the HBO writers fill in?

Spoiler

What would Jenny do?

vCash
    y thoughts...from a person who has not read the books.

Jaime... good character evolution, but I still hate him.

Brienne - Love her. The actress is fabulous. Her standing up in the bath, naked and asserting her dominance was just brilliant.

Arya - She is realizing that she will have to make this journey on her own; alone

Sansa - Finally gaining some political savvy. It's about time.

Mother Cersi - I wanted to shout at the TV; she appeared at the table smiling and in just a few minutes of gloating, the smile had left her face. Good for ya

Tyrion - my fav. character. Love the lines they give him, i.e he mentioning that "brother tyrell" does not seem to like "female parts".

Robb - I still like Robb. However, I would send the traitor to Tywin Lannister as a "gift" and note attached to him explaining the gift. Also, like the lannisters go after the traitors people and and control their lands.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I love watching this show with people who haven't read the books- the best reactions every time! Sometimes I wish I was going in blind as well, but the TV series is still thoroughly enjoyable.

I'm just as irritated with Robb as I thought I would be at this point. I understand why he did what he felt he needed to do...but keeping Karstark alive as a hostage was a much more 'kingly' idea. He is very much Ned Stark's son, thinking of the honor of everything first.

Jaime and Brienne's bath scene was very, very well done. So much emotion from Jaime; nailed that scene.

Arya continues to blow me away. All the women on this show do; they're very well written characters (including their flaws) and the actresses are wonderful.

Tyrion's reaction to his impending marriage to Sansa was spot on. Papa Lannister is quite the schemer.
    I'm with you on most points, except Robb and his 'sense of honor'. IF he had stayed true to his world, that vapid thing would not be beside him and he wouldn't be considering begging the Freys for more people. Oh, and I don't think Eddard would have left the Lannister boys in a jail cell, but if he did, they'd have been better guarded.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Both bumping up for tonight and to say I did get a chance to see last week's eppy. God love HBO Canada showing it again Thursday nights and me at my Sister's to see it.

Three things...

Watching Jorah and Barristan do the buddy buddy what was the worst battle/fight you'd ever been in was funny. Even if it was a fishing trip to see if Selmy knew about Jorah's spying on Dany for the Small Council, it was still funny to watch in it's way.

Father as Marriage Broker...OMG, did Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage and Lena Headley just do some amazing stuff in that scene or what? Just when you thought no one could be more shocked and surprised to find themselves getting married than Tyrion, and Cersei sitting there looking all smug and satisfied. Then Daddy dropped the ball on her getting remarried. Price-less!!

Any other episode I would have ranked it as the best scene, but in this one....

Jaime and Brienne and learning what *really* happened in the Throne Room during the final moments of the Mad King's reign. If Nikolai Coster-Walder does not submit this for Emmy consideration and then in turn win the thing, then something is *very* wrong!! Both he and Gwen were beyond outstanding in this one scene and just...Yeah!!

And on that note...I do believe we have a certain climb to look forward to tonight, right?

vCash
    Loved the Queen of Thorns with Tywin. sword swallower

Big change from the books with Mel taking Gendry. In the books, it was supposed to be Edric Storm, who was the only one acknowledged by Robert to be his bastard and who was Renly's ward. But since they didn't introduce him, they had Gendry taken instead. Also, I wonder if Mel's scene with Thoros

Spoiler

The ending with Ros

vCash
    I've never been a Ros fan, but the end made me sad - I had a flashback to when we saw Ros and Theon together in the brothel in season 1 and then him bidding her farewell when she left. Now it's season 3 and one's getting flayed and the other's been crossbowed. And Joff's shots almost mirrored Arya's shots at the straw dummy. Was that on purpose? Someone should really take away that brat's torture toys.

I could watch the Tywin show every week. Delicious dialogue and Charles Dance elevates every other actor in the room.

Jaime and Brienne - that hideous pink gown! And she helped him cut his food.

Sansa and Loras - clueless meets vapid. They'd have made lovely ditzy children together. But, alas, it's up to poor Tyrion to crush those dreams. In many ways, he'd be a better husband for her than Loras or King Crossbow, or any of the other suitors we've seen for her hand.

Robb lecturing his 'uncle' on duty was kind of rich. He's the reason Edmure has to go off and marry a Frey. And if he hadn't beheaded a Karstark, he'd still have the men.

Snow on the wall. Sam in the forest. I zoned out in the beginning. It really started as my fridge break. I'm not invested in either coupling.

vCash
    I thought the visuals at the top of the wall were stunning. Of course now there's the work to climb down the other side. Oy.

Bummed that they cut away from the scene of Tyrion telling Sansa the news about their impending nuptials. Would have liked to hear Tyrion's explanation, and both Sansa and Shae's initial reactions.

Everything involving Robb Stark and his alliances are fuzzy to me. I simply don't have enough RAM in my brain to juggle it all. So I have pretty much decided to focus on everything going on at King's Landing, Daenrys and her dragons, Jamie/Brienne & anything to do with Arya (my sentimental favorite). That means I'm meh on Robb Stark, Theon (I'm squeamish with torture scenes), the Wall and the Lady of Light. Still, even at 50% investment, I enjoy the show.

How do you people who read the books keep everyone straight?

vCash
    My favourite exchange in this ep was when Arya said she didn't like Melisandre, Thoros said it was because she was a woman, and Arya said "what has that got to do with anything?"

I absolutely hate it when people claim that women can't cooperate without secretly planning to stab each others' backs, or that we instinctively hate each other, so that simple question means quite a lot. Arya survives by her own wits, she doesn't really trust anyone, and she's from a family that worships the Old Gods, not the God of Light. Of course she's going to be suspicious when someone like Melisandre shows up like she owns the place, regardless of the fact that she's a woman. And she was right to be mistrustful, wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    How do you people who read the books keep everyone straight?
    I find it easier to remember words on paper than faces on a screen, so for me it's not that hard to keep track - except when I haven't been reading for a while, then I tend to go "wait, who's this dude again?" But there's a Who's Who at the back of each book, which can be handy.

vCash
    I think they actually do a decent job of explaining in most episodes who's who. I'm visual so I like it when the actors are different-looking enough that I can remember their faces.

The two people with Robb and Catelyn were Robb's Uncle Edmure Tully (the younger guy), Catelyn's brother. The older guy was Edmure and Catelyn's uncle, Blackfish Tully.

The Freys gave Robb critical support into the Riverlands by allowing him to cross a bridge they owned. In exchange for this and their alliance, Robb was supposed to marry a Frey girl, but he went and married Lady Hotpants instead, so they're super pissed. Initially he didn't care about the Frey alliance being trashed, but when the Karstarks abandoned him, he needed the Freys. So he's trying to make amends by having his uncle marry a Frey and give them Harrenhal.

vCash
    Anyone watch the Gay of Thrones recaps of Funny or Die? The latest episode is pretty funny and features ladies skating references. Not at all safe for work or for skating fans without a sense of humor.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast