Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post

Book geek in me is annoyed still that Kat wasn't at Hoster's side when he passed, but loved that they did the '3 arrow' miss and then the Blackfish took over. Love the new Edumure! Continuing the 'Rome' casting with Brutus as a sniveling Tully. I'm now waiting for Antony and Attia to pop up next year.
    James Purefoy needs to be in this but his serial killer show got renewed. Funny enough, the guy who played Illyrio originally was Ian Mcneice, who was the Newsreader in Rome.

Love that actors from my fave historical dramas, rome and tudors, are being cast. Since spartacus just ended, hopefully there is a chance to cast Simon Merells, who was a terrific Crassus, in some role.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    GAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! My jaw dropped at the end of tonight's episode.

That was the best hour of television this week. And also the shortest hour ever. So much greatness tonight I don't know where to start.
    I had that feeling too.

Dany offers a dragon for 8000 + fighting eunuchs. Yep, that should go over well with the other two firebreathers. Jorah got in the great line about Raehgar, so glad it wasn't cut.
    No kidding about the dragons. That one had me going, "What are you doing Dany?" So much for being The Mother of Dragons....Unless there's more going on and we all know there usually is, so...Interesting...

Book geek in me is annoyed still that Kat wasn't at Hoster's side when he passed, but loved that they did the '3 arrow' miss and then the Blackfish took over. Love the new Tullys! Continuing the 'Rome' casting with Brutus as a sniveling Tully. I'm now waiting for Antony and Attia to pop up next year.
    I really love them too and I especially loved how the Blackfish helped Robb try and get through to that stupid vain glorious idiotic new Lord of Riverrun just how bad his precious Mill really is in the grand scheme of things. You could tell Robb just wanted to reach out and shake his Uncle till his teeth rattled.

Bye Hot Pie, we'll miss you. Or not. You were one of too many characters in the show. Speaking of too many characters, we can get rid of Robb wife and Theon any time now...
    It was a nice Farewell to Hot Pie though. At least he didn't die in order to leave.

Mormont -get out of the keep - Craster is evil. And your frozen crows are coming for you.
    No kidding.

@ Pod losing his virginity. Too much time wasted on the circus whore scene though. But, it's HBO.
    OMG...That had me laughing so hard. Especially when Bronn and Tyrion realized just *why* Pod's "gifts" had refused payment. The look on poor Pod's face when they had him cornered in that chair demanding "Copious details"....ROTFLOL!!!

And finally to Jaime - Loved Jaime's lie about the 'sapphire' islands to keep Brienne safe. I'd say, let's give him a hand for it... (groan)
    Couldn't help yourself, huh? I also loved that.

at the end. So glad they 'went there' with the hand. After Tyrion got to keep his nose, I was expecting a thumb or something.
    I haven't gotten to Book Three yet in the Saga, but I did know about that part of the story, not about the entire outcome, but I did know Jaime would lose his hand at one point. That's not going to go down well w/Daddy, will it?

Bad enough he's got Tyrion, now his golden baby boy is deformed too.

Nope....Tywin won't be happy at *all*!!!

ETA ~ Forgot one last thing....Now, this has never happened to me, but....BUT....Even I know that when you're on a horse and you've got your captors coming after you and firing arrows at you, you keep your head *down*!! Then....When you're trying to get away from them and you're going through a heavily forested area *and* they're still firing arrows at you, you keep your head *down*!!

I was actually not feeling all that terribly sorry for Theon when he literally got his bell rung thanks to that branch. Did he learn *nothing* from the Starks over the years?

Yeah...I do know the answer to that one.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 04-15-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Crazy Russian Tundra
    vCash
    I almost fainted when Daenerys gave away one of her baby dragons And yes, I think that Jamie Lannister finally got what he deserved. Let him remember the young boy he pushed off the tower. I bet his father is rich enough to make him not worry about the missing limb.

vCash
    I have to say that episode 3x3 was an emotional roller coaster.
    Jaime helping Brienne almost made me feel sympathetic towards him and then... bam! In a fraction of seconds I just thought "Well done. That one is for Bran" but then that music during the credits completely changed the mood... now that was unexpected

vCash

vCash
    I loved the bit with the seating arrangement in the Small Council. Not a word was uttered, and yet it said so much. And I thought Jaime Lannister's reaction to having his hand cut off was very believable; it was a very quick, clean cut, so it was fitting that he reacted with more disbelief than pain.

Also, having read the books, I'm so looking forward to Dany's deeds in Astaphor.

vCash
    Dracarys...

vCash
    Love me some Dany.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    I think she's going to need a bigger boat.

Loved Jaime and Brienne's scenes - they might not like each other much, but there's respect growing. If anyone had told me after the first episode that I'd be rooting for Jaime Lannister, you would have be laughed at.

Tywin to Cersie "You're still here?" Charles Dance's eyebrow deserves an award.

Goodbye Mormont. I will miss the old bear.

Book purist in me is annoyed that Theon told someone that he didn't burn Bran and Rickon.

Arya will have her pound of flesh from the Dog for Micah. Gotta love her,A true Stark, she remembers. That scene was very well done.

Varys meets the Queen of Thorns - delicious scenery chewing there. Poor Sansa. First husband choice kills her father, #2 is gay. Maybe she should stay single?

vCash
    Fantastic episode! That was the first time I really thought Daenerys actually was capable of leading an army and doing it well, rather than just doing it 'cause. Loved the new scary tunes, too.

When can we get Tywin vs. Joffrey? He's knocked two Lannisters down to size already.

vCash
    I was ROTFL when the queen of thorns said, "what happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit". The second biggest burn of the night, behind Dany's epic final scene.

vCash
    Epic epic final scene. Daenerys

vCash

Book purist in me is annoyed that Theon told someone that he didn't burn Bran and Rickon.

Well, having another person know is truer to the books, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer72 View Post
    Well, having another person know is truer to the books, right?
    That's deep! And you may be right. I guess it's because in the books, ravens were sent about the burned boys on the wall and the Starks and their enemies thought the boys were dead. Safer for the boys, and it lead to some other plots developing. Now people are hearing they're 'missing' and now they're on the run with 2 huge direwolves, a cart (and Hodor Hodor Hodor). I wonder where the show runners are going with it. If Martin doesn't get some more books churned out, we may find out on tv sooner than the books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    For those who loved the Downton Abbey Facebook recaps - they're doing it for GoT too!
    http://www.happyplace.com/23035/game...on-3-episode-2
    Oh good. I just popped over here to see if anyone had posted that. I noticed it when I found the facebook recaps for Mad Men.

vCash
    Finally caught up. Daenerys is all kinds of awesome. That ending scene of episode 4...

This season is amazing. I love Margaery as well. Tyrion continues to be awesome, and I was heartbroken for Jaime. He's been an ass, but the life seriously went out of his eyes when he lost his hand.

Just love this show, haha.

vCash
    I love almost the women in the show. Dani, Marg they blow my mind in different ways.

I love to hate Cersei. Lol!!

That final scene was powerful. Holy crap!

vCash
    Finally, a Tyrion/Lady Oleanna scene. I was hoping he'd snark about whether her husband went off that cliff on purpose.

The Jamie/Brienne bath scene was perfect.

Oh Robb you dumb*ss.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Guys, I am still in Toronto and in a hotel room w/no access to HBO Canada, so...Needless to say, I MISSED IT LAST NIGHT!!!!

I would love for a recap from someone, as from what it sounds over at Winter Is Coming, I missed some great stuff last night.

BTW, this was Episode Five, we're officially halfway through. Seemed that it took forever for Season Three to get here and now it's just zipping by like nothing.

vCash
    Maisie Williams continues to break my heart every week. Her talk with Thoros about bringing people back from the dead had me sniffling. When she talked to Gendry - I also sniffled. She really is losing everyone around her.

Poor Tyrion, he knows he can't have Shae for a wife and now he'll be stuck with knight loving Sansa. Loved how Sansa's gaydar is still malfunctioning. Odd that Tywin thinks Bran and Rickon are dead, but Robb isn't convinced. And why has Sansa not been told about the fall of Winterfell?

Jorah might be getting kicked to Khaleesi's curb soon, he's got competition from Baristan. PS - Hello Grey Worm.

John Snow has become my 'fridge break'. I can't stand his storyline. Both he and Robb have shite taste in women. However, the beheading of Karstark was pretty awesome.

Best part, hands down, was Jaime and Brienne in the bath. When he collapsed and she called "HELP! The Kingslayer" and he weakly said "Jaime" - I GOT him! Nikolaj Coster-Waldau just aced that scene. Lots of exposition, lots of backstory - floved!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast