Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I'm happy Robb is treating his mom as is. She's irritated me from the "Get Go". She's the one because of carelessness and impulsive nature started this whole ball rolling. If she wanted her daughters safe than she should have planned her attack at the Lannisters better.
    Meh, as much as I agree that Catelyn was reckless, so was Robb. He's coming off as a hypocritical brat (And I love me some Robb). He didn't heed his mother's warnings about Theon or Walder Frey, which the former has already caused devastating consequences on Winterfell.

Stannis' former general(what's his name) was saved by the pirates and then stupid goes back to be killed. WTH?
    Stannis had Davos locked up in a cell, not killed....thank the Gods!

vCash
    The Queen of Thorns

http://youtu.be/dYgpEMlcQgc

vCash
    I want a dragon. Boo. They look amazing. I still hate fish though. Brrrrrrr.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    I am hoping this is a Breakout role for Natalie Dormer. 4 years after the Tudors and aside from GOT, her only other notable roles have been a brief appearance as the Queen Mother in Madonna's godawful Edward and Wallis movie and kissing Chris Evans in Captain America
    ITA. I LOVED Natalie on The Tudors; she seriously made the series for me (with few others, but that's not important here lol). I basically lost interest after Natalie/Anne died. I was skeptical when I heard Natalie was cast as Margaery, but she shines in this role. And it's such an awesome role at that, especially as its been expanded.

Whoever it was upthread that said Tyrion/Margaery to rule Westeros in the end, I'll second that.

Did anyone see the April Fool's joke on Facebook that said Peter Dinklage would be replaced by Warwick Davis next season? I almost spat my drink out at the computer!

vCash
    I am hoping this is a Breakout role for Natalie Dormer. 4 years after the Tudors and aside from GOT, her only other notable roles have been a brief appearance as the Queen Mother in Madonna's godawful Edward and Wallis movie and kissing Chris Evans in Captain America
    She was a pretty cool ghost/walking corpse/whatever the hell they were in The Fades last year

vCash
    The Queen of Thorns

vCash
    I'm still trying to decide if I liked this episode. A bit disjointed for me - they hopped around a lot between scenes and then gave us a long, drawn out Cat/Jeyne (Talisa) discussion. Not happy about Cat not seeing her dad before he passed, but at least they're finally going to RiverRun! I want to meet the Tullys!

Welcome back Arya. Thoros of Myr is pretty fascinating. Hey, a Warg! Bran had a growth spurt and a voice change! It's like the old Harry Potter films - you could tell when they shot Dan Radcliff's scenes by his voice.

@ Cersie telling Joff to give Margery the scrap of fabric for her wedding dress. Meow!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    @ Cersie telling Joff to give Margery the scrap of fabric for her wedding dress. Meow!
    I know!! I nearly spewed Apple Cider at that one. And then....The Queen of Thorns appeared and that was topped by the one about after the Cream is made it's too late to try and put it back in the cow...ROTFLOL!!

Also loved the zinger about how the Tyrells farts only smell like roses, was that one from Cersei too? Regardless...Meow indeed!!

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Thoros of Myr is pretty fascinating.
    The actor who plays him will always be Billy from Pulling to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIj6nSI45l4
    Although, I suppose Thoros was supposed to have been wild in his younger days when he was hanging out with King Robert, so it could fit. It's going to take some getting used to!

vCash
    I'm still trying to decide if I liked this episode. A bit disjointed for me - they hopped around a lot between scenes and then gave us a long, drawn out Cat/Jeyne (Talisa) discussion. Not happy about Cat not seeing her dad before he passed, but at least they're finally going to RiverRun! I want to meet the Tullys!

Welcome back Arya. Thoros of Myr is pretty fascinating. Hey, a Warg! Bran had a growth spurt and a voice change! It's like the old Harry Potter films - you could tell when they shot Dan Radcliff's scenes by his voice.

Yeah, that might be a problem moving forward. If its 2 seasons per book as it appears it may be, we have about 9 years to go. Bran will be sporting facial hair before you know it.

vCash
    The guy who plays Jojen Reed, Thomas Sangster, is absolutely adorable! (And yes, I do feel like a pervy old lady now! ) I spent half the episode trying to remember where I'd seen him before, and then I realised - Doctor Who! He was in Human Nature and The Family of Blood in series 3, two of my favourite episodes, playing a somewhat psychic kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    The guy who plays Jojen Reed, Thomas Sangster, is absolutely adorable! (And yes, I do feel like a pervy old lady now! ) I spent half the episode trying to remember where I'd seen him before, and then I realised - Doctor Who! He was in Human Nature and The Family of Blood in series 3, two of my favourite episodes, playing a somewhat psychic kid.
    He'll always be the kid from Love Actually to me.

vCash
    Yeah, that might be a problem moving forward. If its 2 seasons per book as it appears it may be, we have about 9 years to go. Bran will be sporting facial hair before you know it.
    On that front, I thought this picture of the younger Starks is quite amusing. How much time has supposedly passed in the show's time, yet Sansa and Arya have gone from girls to older teens. Bran has also changed a lot. We didn't really see much of Rickon this season so far, but looking at recent photos of Art Parkinson, he may have grown the most.

vCash
    Going slightly OT, but since we were discussing Natalie Dormer's career prospects, she landed what sounds like another promising role

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/elementary-...191856060.html

It doesn't sound to be a long term role, but hey, good roles are good roles, right? I've never watched Elementary but I might now.

I hope she continues to get more exposure-she's too good not to!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Natalie is going to be on not just one of, but *two* of my current favourite shows?

Wonderful news!!!! Thanks for the lovely news imarie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Going slightly OT, but since we were discussing Natalie Dormer's career prospects, she landed what sounds like another promising role

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/elementary-...191856060.html

It doesn't sound to be a long term role, but hey, good roles are good roles, right? I've never watched Elementary but I might now.

I hope she continues to get more exposure-she's too good not to!
    Irene Adler is a pretty big character in the Holmes mythos, so I expect it to at least be recurring.

Natalie also has a supporting role in the Chris Hemsworth racecar movie. I also read that she had originally auditioned for another role in GoT. I wonder if it was Melissandre.

vCash
    Great second episode. I did have a problem with Cat's speech but I'm trying to disassociate the books from the TV show. Anyway, Talisa continues to annoy me. But, Sansa, QoT, and Margaery were awesome. I always loved Meera and Jojen from the books and they fit very well with how I pictured them in my head.

People are already shipping Bran/Jojen on Tumblr.
    Last edited by mindy74; 04-11-2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: stupid spelling error

vCash
    For those who loved the Downton Abbey Facebook recaps - they're doing it for GoT too!
    http://www.happyplace.com/23035/game...on-3-episode-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    For those who loved the Downton Abbey Facebook recaps - they're doing it for GoT too!
    http://www.happyplace.com/23035/game...on-3-episode-2
    OMG, thank you! Loved the Downton Abbey ones. Had no idea they were doing GoT!

vCash
    GAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! My jaw dropped at the end of tonight's episode.

That was the best hour of television this week. And also the shortest hour ever. So much greatness tonight I don't know where to start.

Dany offers a dragon for 8000 + fighting eunuchs. Yep, that should go over well with the other two firebreathers. Jorah got in the great line about Raehgar, so glad it wasn't cut.

Book geek in me is annoyed still that Kat wasn't at Hoster's side when he passed, but loved that they did the '3 arrow' miss and then the Blackfish took over. Love the new Tullys! Continuing the 'Rome' casting with Brutus as a sniveling Tully. I'm now waiting for Antony and Attia to pop up next year.

Bye Hot Pie, we'll miss you. Or not. You were one of too many characters in the show. Speaking of too many characters, we can get rid of Robb wife and Theon any time now...

Mormont -get out of the keep - Craster is evil. And your frozen crows are coming for you.

@ Pod losing his virginity. Too much time wasted on the circus whore scene though. But, it's HBO.

And finally to Jaime - Loved Jaime's lie about the 'sapphire' islands to keep Brienne safe. I'd say, let's give him a hand for it... (groan)
    at the end. So glad they 'went there' with the hand. After Tyrion got to keep his nose, I was expecting a thumb or something.
    Last edited by dbell1; 04-15-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast