Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well look at that, HBO Nordic. It's a bit costly though, 129 SEK for one month, or 79 SEK/month if you sign up for 12 months. 79 SEK/month is the same as Netflix, but with Netflix you can cancel the subscription at any time, which is a very good thing when you're a soon to be done student with an uncertain financial future.

HBO Go is blocked, despite the unblocker, but there looks like there might be viewable stuff on the regular HBO GoT site? Will look there tomorrow, otherwise I'll just go a-googling till I find the episode. Unblocker + adblocker = a great combo when entering the murkier parts of the internet. Also, I've read the books, so it's not like there are any major spoilers to avoid (unless they go changing the story too much, but I don't think they will).

Bring on the dragons!

vCash
    Just signed up for HBO! Happy Easter to me
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Just signed up for HBO! Happy Easter to me
    Good move! I watched the first episode on demand since it was still part of my cable's company free week, but will end up getting HBO next week. Series is just too good to miss! Ciaran Hinds as Mance Raider was a good casting call. I was a little unsure about him pulling off a wildling, but man's convincing in anything and this was no exception.

Spoiler

Last edited by ioana; 04-01-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Not sure how it works in here, so just in case, I'll invoke the Spoiler Code...

Spoiler

I think that's everything.

For now.

edited to add ~According to Winter Is Coming, Westeros.net and the GoT boards at TWoP and IMDB have all crashed. WiC and Twitter are still up last I checked, but that could change as more see the episode...
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 04-01-2013 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    The show has aired. Twice + another 30 minutes. Do we really have to spoiler things?

My quibbles - don't make a big deal about Davos missing fingers that Stannis cut off and then show him with all 10 digits wiggling about.

Dany meeting the unsullied and Missandre was just a beautiful scene. Hey Ser Baristan. Missed you. Glad you didn't miss the manticore. Where'd you hide Strong Belwas though?

Robb - I hate you and I hate your bride. Stop tossing your mom in a cell, she wanted to go back to Winterfell ages ago, but you told her no. Oh look Qyburn.

Margery is quite a smart little vixen. Bringing in food, walking around flea bottom, giving away toys to orphans. She's Oprah.

Favorite scene, hands down, was Tyrion and Tywin. from both actors.

vCash
    Man, that hour flew by. You know it was a good episode when I barely even noticed that my favourite character (Arya) was missing (not to mention Bran, or Jaime/Brienne).

<3<3<3 Margaery. I'm so glad that it looks like her role is going to be expanded this season. It'll be a blast to see Natalie Dormer and Lena Headey butting heads.

I found it kind of funny when I read a review from a book reader who claimed that

Spoiler

The Winterfell ruins in the opening credit were a total gutpunch right off the bat.

The Tyrion/Tywin scene was probably the highlight of the episode for me. Tyrion/Cersei was pretty great too.

I thought Jon and Dany's storylines were two of the weaker parts of last season, but they both look much more promising this year, which is nice to see. Love the addition of Ciaran Hinds as Mance and it was nice to see Ser Barristan the Badass back.. My only problem there is that (Book Stuff)

Spoiler

Last edited by AshleyN; 04-01-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    As I said dbell, I didn't know how things went in here compared to other TV threads around here, so played it safe out of courtesy for others. Now that I know what's what, I won't worry about that again.

Just remembered....I love Bronn and that scene between him and Cersei's Queensguard at Tyrion's door had me grinning first at his antics and then hoping to see him unleash some true Kick @ss on those pompous idiots. Good to see him still around and the banter between him and Tyrion always has me smiling.

Was anyone else shocked at how changed Stannis is? That is *not* the same man that went charging into the Battle of Blackwater and Davos should have listened to his Pirate friend on that one. Mel gives me even creepier chills in just that one scene than in anything from last year combined, which is saying a lot!!

Have to watch this again, because I *know* I missed some things, but Wow...What a start!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    The Winterfell ruins in the opening credit were a total gutpunch right off the bat.
    OMG, I missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    My quibbles - don't make a big deal about Davos missing fingers that Stannis cut off and then show him with all 10 digits wiggling about.
    I rewatched that scene, and his fingers are shortened on the right hand. Stannis only cut off the first joints, so they did it correctly.

Oh, and I noticed that TWoP forums crashed (they're very crashy lately and have been the subject of virus attacks), but I think that was probably The Walking Dead season finale that did it. The GoT threads were nearly empty when I checked.
    Last edited by vesperholly; 04-01-2013 at 09:14 AM.

vCash
    If we're picking who we want to rule Westeros at the rnd, I'm Team Tyrion/Margaery. And the fact that

Spoiler

. Also wondering if there are big plans for her. No way they got Natalie Dormer without plans for Margaery having an important part.

vCash
    Love the way they set the stage in this ep. Daenerys in Astaphor, Jon with the wildlings, and all the different levels of intrigue in King's Landing.

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    As I said dbell, I didn't know how things went in here compared to other TV threads around here, so played it safe out of courtesy for others. Now that I know what's what, I won't worry about that again.
    It comes from me never knowing how to spoiler things correctly. But, I think we established that in other threads. Once it's been aired on the east coast, westies beware!

Vesper - thanks for checking the fingers on Davos. I guess I'm still annoyed that Tyrion only walked away with a scar for his battle scenes (and still has a nose). I'll get over it.

vCash
    It'd take a lot more time (and therefore money) to make it look like he doesn't have a nose, whether you do it with make-up or CGI, so I guess its just as well that they spend that on other things. Like dragons, which we'll (probably?) be seeing a lot more of in this season.

vCash
    Argh! Sorry for the double post but this article just showed up on my Facebook feed, and I nearly had an aneurysm before I remembered what day it is.

vCash
    He'll have Voldemort's nose! (the HP CGI drove me nuts)...

Thanks for the link, posted it on my FB to give a few friends some spasms... However that 'took an indefinate break from writing 'Winds of Winter' to watch movies' is how I sort of feel about Martin these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I guess I'm still annoyed that Tyrion only walked away with a scar for his battle scenes (and still has a nose). I'll get over it.
    I did like how they gave a nod to the book readers when Cersei said, "I heard your nose got cut off, but it's not as bad as all that."

vCash
    I really enjoyed the episode last night.

Jon Snow and his naiveness really irritate at times.

Loved seeing Daenerys' and her babies.

Tyrion is always a treat I'm not sure why he asked for a meeting with Papa Lannister. I'm hoping Tyrion has something up his sleeve but I can't not understand why he thought his father would give a damn all of a sudden.

I'm happy Robb is treating his mom as is. She's irritated me from the "Get Go". She's the one because of carelessness and impulsive nature started this whole ball rolling. If she wanted her daughters safe than she should have planned her attack at the Lannisters better.

Stannis' former general(what's his name) was saved by the pirates and then stupid goes back to be killed. WTH?
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Last night's episode set a new ratings high.

I'm not really surprised given how insane the buzz has been leading up to the premiere, but as the article points out it's still impressive given that it aired a)on a holiday weekend and b)opposite The Walking Dead season finale (which set a ratings high of its own, and I would imagine shares a solid chunk of its audience with GoT). I'll be surprised if they don't top themselves a couple more times before the season is over.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 04-01-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Rising like a phoenix
    vCash
    I wonder how I'll be feeling by the end of this season, but I really wish that Geoffrey (or whatever his name is spelt like) Baratheon (or rather Lannister) falls off the highest rock in Westeros, preferably, The Wall.

On the other hand I think I am falling in love with Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons, and now they are grown up, yay! That little Lannister guy is also quite good to me. (Sorry, but Game of Thrones is the only series where I have total problems with names, I remember at most 7 to 10 names )

vCash
    I am hoping this is a Breakout role for Natalie Dormer. 4 years after the Tudors and aside from GOT, her only other notable roles have been a brief appearance as the Queen Mother in Madonna's godawful Edward and Wallis movie and kissing Chris Evans in Captain America

vCash
    Not there there was ever any doubt, but HBO announced today that the show has officially been renewed for Season 4.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast