Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

vCash
    I love his ACDC and Chambermaid Swing programs. It suits him very well. And yes, congrats to Kevin on a great LP in the team event which helped sealed the silver medal deal. Looking forward to his future programs. Go Kevin.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I've always like Kevin's skating and I think he has been much maligned by the judging over the years. Also, he is a classy guy, and I happen to like his hair because it suits him.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I like his hair too...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I adore Kevin, I think he was robbed in the team event and I think that messed a bit with his confidence... Hmmn, in the women's event TES drove up PCS to dizzying heights (judges using it to rank skater's rather than awarding it properly) however in Kevin's case being Canadian this did not seem to apply, as it was clearly unthinkable to beat Plushy on home ice, but here is hoping he has a much better worlds...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    I adore Kevin, I think he was robbed in the team event and I think that messed a bit with his confidence... Hmmn, in the women's event TES drove up PCS to dizzying heights (judges using it to rank skater's rather than awarding it properly) however in Kevin's case being Canadian this did not seem to apply, as it was clearly unthinkable to beat Plushy on home ice, but here is hoping he has a much better worlds...
    Me too. Yes, it is interesting to see how some marks for some skaters could sky rock overnight.

vCash
    From Kevin's facebook:

Back home!
    It seems odd that something I've worked my whole career for is now over... but it was an unbelievable experience – filled with the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. It is amazing just how fine the line is between success and disaster... years upon years of training come down to just split seconds of time.
    Though I'm disappointed (to say the least...) that I was not able to able to represent Canada well in the individual event, I have no regrets. I gave it everything I had. And in the end, I leave these Olympics with a silver medal – earned together with an incredible team that supports each other like no other. Thank you guys.

I'd also like to thank the people who have supported me throughout this difficult season – you never stopped believing in me, and you gave me the strength to believe in myself again.
    I owe my Olympic experience to you.

Now, it's back to training.... and I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm reminded that it is all worth it, and then some.
    I feel so privileged to be able to do what I do everyday, and with any luck, I'll be able to keep going for another 4 years

See you soon in Saitama!

vCash
    This young man is a class act. I hope he stays in for a few more years.....he's still quite young and he is always improving. I do believe he will stand on the podium someday Oh, and have I mentioned yet that I like his hair
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Yup, yup. I don't understand all the flack he gets for his hair. Leave his hair alone already! hehe. I like it, too.

vCash
    Well said Kevin. I sure hope he had a good time bonding with his fellow Canadian skaters! Looking forward to seeing what he brings us next season.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Now, it's back to training.... and I'm actually looking forward to it.
    This is the part I appreciated. It sounds as if his equipment problems are behind him.

And thanks, aemeraldrainc, for posting the quote.

vCash
    It must be difficult to get back after having such a rough (actually non-existent) season because of the boot problem, but he sounds motivated and perhaps may surprise us all at Worlds. He really had no time to actually peak for the Olympics, so here's hoping he has 2 terrific skates at Worlds.......Go Kevin!!!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=9554288

Kevin returns to Vancouver with his silver medal!

vCash
    @LynnRutherford tweeted today:
    On [pre-Worlds] media call Canada's Kevin Reynolds said while he still boot problems, he is training better than he was before his nationals or Olympics.

"I'm getting through daily grind, doing run-thrus." He plans to stick with 2 quads in his SP & 2 or 3 in his FS.

He is looking forward to season's end, so he can work w/custom boot manufacturers to construct well-fitting gear.

He said he is not getting custom boots until after worlds. He is making the best of his current boots for now.
    ETA:
    From Beverley Smith's blog: KEVIN REYNOLDS, BAD BOOTS, BIG HEART
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-20-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    It must be difficult to get back after having such a rough (actually non-existent) season because of the boot problem, but he sounds motivated and perhaps may surprise us all at Worlds. He really had no time to actually peak for the Olympics, so here's hoping he has 2 terrific skates at Worlds.......Go Kevin!!!!!!
    Absolutely. Just do your best Kevin.

vCash
    Poor guy, I hope he can get more financing from somewhere for all those custom boots he's going to need. He needs a sponsor to help him out financially for sure with no prize $$ this year.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Well, Worlds is starting tomorrow, so here's hoping Kevin can let loose and have 2 great programs. He really does stand a chance to get a medal if he skates both his programs well.. He's well liked in Japan, and I think he likes skating there and that could make a huge difference in his comfort level. Fingers x'd. .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Well, Worlds is starting tomorrow, so here's hoping Kevin can let loose and have 2 great programs. He really does stand a chance to get a medal if he skates both his programs well.. He's well liked in Japan, and I think he likes skating there and that could make a huge difference in his comfort level. Fingers x'd. .
    Crossing everything for Kevin too.

vCash
    Go Kevin Reynolds...best of luck and do your best... We are proud of you!

vCash
    Seconded.

vCash
    Thirded and rock that hair!
    Crazy about sports!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast