Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    An Intro To Figure Skating With Kevin Reynolds | Faster Higher Stronger (via the official Olympics YT channel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxnsmV-msds
    Canada's Kevin Reynolds teaches you everything you need to know about Olympic Figure Skating in this latest edition of the Faster Higher Stronger series.

Explaining the sports disciplines, points system and common techniques Kevin gives us a look at the sport through the eyes of the 2013 4 Continents Champion.
    ETA: Official practices at 2014 Canadians take place on Thursday, January 9, with the Senior Men's SP on Friday the 10th.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-20-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Watch me move
    vCash
    Not Kevin's fault, but the clip showing a "waltz jump" in the video is actually showing the entrance to a flying camel spin.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    An Intro To Figure Skating With Kevin Reynolds | Faster Higher Stronger (via the official Olympics YT channel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxnsmV-msds
    Good on Kevin. Great vid.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    http://youtu.be/v58G_54PA1A

Don't know if this has been shared before, but this is one of my favorite performances of Kevin's. It's so fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    http://youtu.be/v58G_54PA1A

Don't know if this has been shared before, but this is one of my favorite performances of Kevin's. It's so fun
    Thanks bronwynsings. That's very fun and very Kevin.

vCash
    Great program... great footwork!

vCash
    Kevin is going to the Olympics Hoping everything works out for him despite his boot issues!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqcL_25ZiaI (Nationals SP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gxZ5jeBrgo (Nationals FS)

vCash
    Happy that it turns out well for Kevin. I was worried about his boot issues and no show at GF competitions. I am sure he will be better at Sochi. Go Kevin.

vCash
    So happy he made an Olympic team in spite of the absence in earlier this season because of the bot troubles. Go Kevin!!
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

vCash
    Kevin is an Olympic silver medalist Although he didn't have the individual he was hoping for, I'm proud of him for going for it and doing so well in the team!

vCash
    I'm not an uber Kevin fan, but I admire his athleticism. Now, if he would just do something with that wild hair!

vCash
    WTG Kevin. Thank you for your wonderful short program. I absolutely LOVED it. Can I say that I also really enjoyed your free as well. It showed a side of you that I wasn't sure existed.

Congrats on becoming a Silver Olympic Medalist and may I add "a job well done" in the team event.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    does anyone have protocols? Hope he does really well at WCh. well done, Kevin .

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Now, if he would just do something with that wild hair!
    They had a profile on Kevin on CBC and they specifically talked about his hair. He mentioned how he likes to try different styles as an extra way of entertaining, getting people to talk and showing his personality. Which was cool, because no matter what he does, no one will be happy so I'm glad he's having fun with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Hope he does really well at WCh.
    I hope he has a great comeback there in an event with less pressure.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Yeah, Kevin's the dude for hair products. Take your pick: The Lion King, Natural and Electrifying.

vCash
    I'm not sure why so many people aren't a fan of Kevin's style, because I LOVE his Chambermaid Swing and AC/DC programs. The movement and freedom in his programs is wonderful. And his successful skates at Nationals after all the boot problems only makes me respect him more.

vCash
    I agree! I also think his Excelsius program has a lot of potential and could get better artistically when he has time to grow into the program. I'm kind of hoping he keeps it for next season.

vCash
    I guess - aside from his great quads - one of the things I like most about Kevin is his attitude about his hair. It is not my cup of tea, but I sort of admire the fact that he has stayed true to who he is and has not caved to please others and tamed his mane. Kind of a take me or leave me vibe that is rare in figure skating. I loved the AC/DC program at Canadians - really woke everyone up. Men with pony tails, orange hair, what is the skating world coming to?
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shady82 View Post
    I'm not sure why so many people aren't a fan of Kevin's style, because I LOVE his Chambermaid Swing and AC/DC programs. The movement and freedom in his programs is wonderful. And his successful skates at Nationals after all the boot problems only makes me respect him more.
    I loved Chambermaid Swing too and it was a turning point for me in how I see his skating. Shae-Lynn really nailed that choreography. I think his FD performance in the team competition has opened more than a few eyes - when his jumps are on, the performance level is there.

vCash
    I stay away from FSU during the Olympics, so now that the figure skating part is over I can return to congratulate Kevin on one good long program (in the individual competition) and one great long program (in the team event). The short program, unfortunately, was not so successful, but he did well overall considering what his season has been like.

I hope he had a great time in Sochi!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast