Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So sad for him. I think everyone who is a fan had high hopes for him this season. Good luck, Kevin, hope everything gets straightened out for you.

vCash
    And another one "bites the dust". Sad news indeed.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Our Olympic team medal is starting to look less and less likely.

vCash
    Canadian Press article (Oct. 31): Clock ticking for figure skater Kevin Reynolds as he deals with equipment issues
    "When you're dealing with equipment, sometimes you get a pair of skates and they're the same make, same model you've used for years and sometimes the fit just isn't right," Skate Canada high-performance director Mike Slipchuk said Thursday.

"It just seems that he hasn't had much luck this fall with even a few backup pairs that have come in. They've been having a hard time finding a pair that fit like his previous ones did during the (previous) season."
    Reynolds and coach Joanne McLeod were not available for comment.

However, McLeod did discuss Reynolds' equipment challenges in early September at the team's high-performance camp in Mississauga, Ont.

"One of the boots that he received was twisted to the sole," she said after watching him at practice. "Sometimes boots can warp. It just didn't sit right. He toughed it out. It wasn't like he was complaining. He toughed it out and tried to make it work and I was pushing him hard with that boot.

"But it just became complicated and frustrating. And you don't want to have any regrets (in an) Olympic year."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Re-posting from the Rostelecom Cup forum in Kiss and Cry - I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Reynolds' name is no longer listed as of Nov. 5, which likely means he has not solved his boot issues in time:
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiNieve View Post
    Kevin's name is gone?
    Does he still have the boot issues?

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028039.htm
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

vCash
    How will this impact his eligibility for Olys, providing his problems are solved by then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Re-posting from the Rostelecom Cup forum in Kiss and Cry - I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Reynolds' name is no longer listed as of Nov. 5, which likely means he has not solved his boot issues in time:
    Oh, nooooo! This is a very bad news!!!Poor Kevin!

vCash
    I hope Kevin can still skate well at Nationals. Go Kevin go. You can do it.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Canadian Press article: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...vent-1.2415892
    The announcement came less than a week after Reynolds announced his withdrawal from the recent Cup of China because of the same problem.

"It was a difficult decision," said Skate Canada high-performance director Mike Slipchuk. "But Kevin and his coach Joanne McLeod felt that with the training time that he has missed because of being unable to resolve the issue with his boots, it was wiser to withdraw from the event.

"That will give Kevin plenty of training time leading into the Canadian Tire national skating championships in Ottawa in January."

vCash
    It certainly makes sense for him to try to catch up on his training at this point. I look forward to a great performance at Nationals.

vCash
    Has anyone heard from Kevin's team, is he going to be able to skate at Nationals? I truly hope so, he has been doing so incredibly well, finally getting recognition for his skating.

vCash
    *fingers crossed for Kevin*

vCash
    He's been pretty quiet on FB, too. :/
    Hope everything turns out good for him. He's probably disappointed he had to withdraw from both Grand Prix events.

vCash
    Still no information? Missing him.

vCash
    Sending positive healing thoughts to Kevin.

vCash
    what's in that ???
    Sorry but all GP out for boots problems seems too odd !!
    Hope he is fine !
    Miss his face around !
    GO Kevin !!!

vCash
    Any news on Kevin? Hell. I am starting to get worried.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    You and me too. I had such high hopes for him this year. By the way, Spiky, thank you and I apologise for other thread .

vCash
    Any idea as to when we might hear if he will compete at Canadian Nationals? When do practice sessions begin (for confirmation that he is indeed there, and ready to go). Hope his boot issues have been resolved!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast