Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I can't believe I forgot this one!- their 1998 Oly SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG0xzSflgSk

They also skated an exhibition to it, and used it on the COI tour.
    And yet another...Moskivina rehash in music that was choreographed by Igor Bobrin. I do like this music because it is so powerful and varied in speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    And yet another...Moskivina rehash in music that was choreographed by Igor Bobrin. I do like this music because it is so powerful and varied in speed.
    I don't see anything wrong with using the same music ("rehash" in your words) for multiple skaters. How many skaters have used 'Carmen' for example? Why must only Moskvina be criticized for using the same music?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with using the same music ("rehash" in your words) for multiple skaters. How many skaters have used 'Carmen' for example? Why must only Moskvina be criticized for using the same music?
    Because she is the one doing it to her team, that's why I mentioned her specifically. I'm not talking about a hundred skaters in all disciplines using various forms of 'Carmen' over the last 40 years; I'm talking about her reusing programs for K/S from her former pairs or making K/S skate to Stauss' 'The Blue Danube' all the time. They haven't been to together that long to have reused so many programs in seven seasons. Most of the songs were already used by them or her former teams. It shows a lack of imagination on her part.

I can forgive her for using Rondo Capriccioso for the second season short because she wasn't their coach at the time and didn't pick it, they also has a sparse first season, so that's a wash. But The Swan (used twice) was used by Mishkutenok and Dmitriev, Also sprach Zarathustra was used by Kazakova and Dmitriev, Valse Sentimentale was used by Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze etc.

I don’t know of many skaters (if any) whose coaches do that to that extent. I just pray she doesn't keep their free skate for the Olympics, but she probably will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12