From the Bloc
    vCash

Big Brother Canada - debuts Feb 27

Cast just announced - http://blogs.slice.ca/meet-the-big-b...a-houseguests/

And here's the press release with additional descriptions - http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1901

I think they are entering the house today - series debut is in one week on Feb 27, and word is the first eviction will be the following day.

Anyone planning to watch? I'm going to give it a go, but one of my favourite things about BB US is all the blogs and discussion boards, and I can't see BB Can being as active given that you apparently can't get the feeds outside Canada.

vCash
    If I remember, I plan to watch.

ETA: guess I will miss some of the first evictions since I am at hockey on thursday nights.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

Though slightly annoyed that some of those people got in to the house and not me! :p

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Reminder - we're on tonight! Some intriguing spoilers on Joker's today, should be interesting!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Am I the only one who watched? It's rerunning tonight on slice before they air the new eviction show, so if you didn't watch - here's your chance!

I thought it was great - they've clearly looked to international editions as well as the US version with some interesting differences and twists, and so far I'm liking the cast and the host. We'll see if they can keep it up of course, but a promising start.

I really hope some FSUers are planning to watch so that we can keep a thread going!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Am I the only one who watched? It's rerunning tonight on slice before they air the new eviction show, so if you didn't watch - here's your chance!

I thought it was great - they've clearly looked to international editions as well as the US version with some interesting differences and twists, and so far I'm liking the cast and the host. We'll see if they can keep it up of course, but a promising start.

I really hope some FSUers are planning to watch so that we can keep a thread going!

I didn't watch last night, but I have the episode on my PVR. I'll weigh in when I catch up, but I'm glad to hear you liked it... that gives me hope!

vCash
    I watched! Loving that the guy I auditioned with was nominated. XD

From the Bloc
    vCash
    oo which one? Emmett seems like a good guy, but Tom rubbed me the wrong way from the get go.

vCash
    Tom. Nobody in our audition group liked him and are all furious/jealous that he made it! :p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    Tom. Nobody in our audition group liked him and are all furious/jealous that he made it! :p
    Thanks for sharing!
    I caught a bit of the After dark show, they've been in the house for one week. Some of them were smoking near an open door, so I wonder if the outdoor area is fully enclosed like it looked?

Not sure what kind of schedule BB has them on, or if this was their own idea - they were all getting tiffed on the After dark show (if truly live, 3am their time) to get ready for a group toast (which apparently was only ginger ale, not champagne).

Not sure how the USA feeds work, but I found it hard to follow some conversations on After dark because the sound was sometimes for the general area/room, not zeroed in on particular people/conversations all of the time. Their mikes look to be worn necklace-style.

I watched The Lofters but can't seem to remember the host at all. I remember the opera student and Portuguese girl from Vancouver, Jennifer who is now a sports anchor, and that guy who had the giant stuffed panda in his room. That's all I got.

vCash
    I can see "Glitter" Gary getting on my nerves quickly. He's just a bit too outgoing and loud a personality for me.
    Peter -- the definition of "dork" almost seems to fit him like a glove.
    Suzette -- first HoH and she didn't have to do a blessed thing to actually earn it other than beating some people to a phone. How lame! When she had to put up a replacement she said the person she was choosing was someone who's a bully. At that time, the camera was on Gary and I'm fully expecting to see him go but she names Cat. Hmmmmm ... methinks she figured out Cat would be a threat to her not only in physical challenges (because Suzette's a bit on the heavy side), but Cat may have come across as a bit more intelligent and a game player.
    And there's no SHOWMANCE going on, just a CUDDLINGmance taking place. What the ???? cuddlemance? seriously?
    Crazy about sports!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I don't mind Gary - then again I don't live with him - but if I had glitter all over my stuff I'd be annoyed. I thought it was hysterical and smart of Aneal to sprinkle it round though!

As for showmances, it sounds like Alec and Topaz are already getting hot and heavy, and rumour has it someone already had sex before the feeds went live, but I haven't been able to figure out who. Several of the girls definitely look like their in this for fame and hookups more than winning, so I'm sure there's more to come.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Things are getting good folks - most of the players are already into hard core gameplay, and while there appear to be as many as three showmances going on, they are taking a backseat to strategy.

Also, some interesting differences from BBUS - for example, one of them was warned a couple of times about her battery/mic, and when she didn't comply, BB punished the whole house with two days of cold showers, and took away a game they had made. One of the longstanding complaints about BBUS is that players are never punished for breaking the rules.

Anyway, I hope some others start watching so I have someone to talk to!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    ... rumour has it someone already had sex before the feeds went live, but I haven't been able to figure out who. Several of the girls definitely look like their in this for fame and hookups more than winning, so I'm sure there's more to come.
    Interesting, thought this seemed unlikely, but now I think it's possible. On After dark yesterday (which I thought was live, but isn't? Delayed by a few hours?) Jillian and Emmett were rather cosy in HOH bed.

I had to keep the tv volume low since it's late and Jillian's voice/mike was not clear, but I thought she said something along the lines of 'lasting only 5 days' when her and Emmett were talking about how they liked each other. And also, 'stop kissing me all the time' (Jillian to Emmett, he was initiating the makeout).

Also Danielle, Gary, Liza were speculating that they seemed so familiar with each other, that they knew each other or were dating each other before coming into the house.

They also showed the punishment annoucement by BB on After dark, and I love how BB must have alluded to a prize/treat because they were all waiting around for some type of reward announcement and instead they got 48 hours no hot water.