Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I just use the Xbox or the PS3.
    We used to do that but having it built in is much easier.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    The Xbox is usually great. Except I'm posting here instead of watching House of Cards as I've currently been waiting 20+ minutes for it to download an update.

Quadless
    vCash
    I'm watching House of Cards, too, but I feel like I must be missing something because thus far (6 episodes in) I'm not entirely impressed. Some of the dialogue is just so over the top, obvious and contrived, it feels stilted. If it weren't for the cast, I'm not sure I'd still be watching. Maybe it gets better?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It does get better but the faults you have found are there all along. Sometimes there are lines so cringeworthy that I have to stop and make myself focus again because I can't get past what I just heard. I noticed it more in the first few episodes so I guess it does get better or I just got used to it. I just think the story slowly pulled me in more and more so now I am definitely going to have to finish it. I don't think I really cared one way or the other until about episode 8 or so.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I tend to get stuck in ruts rewatching shows I know I love when I should be watching something new. So far I've had marathons for South Park, Doctor Who, The Catherine Tate Show, Sherlock, Better off Ted, and Torchwood. I'm thinking about giving Merlin a shot, and since it's been mentioned here House of Cards.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I don't know how people watch shows they have already watched. I can do that with sitcoms that don't rely on a plot. For example: Golden Girls, Roseanne, Big Bang Theory. Those shows are all sitcoms and you can watch any episode from any season and enjoy it as a stand alone. Some story lines carry through but the show is just as funny or entertaining even if you have no clue what happened the episode or even season before. I can't do that with other shows. Lost is my favorite show of all time but in order to watch it again I would need to start from the very first episode and knowing how it ends, why would I want to spend so much time watching it all again? Those types of shows are so story driven that it is completely ruined when you already know the outcome. More power to those of you who can do it, I sometimes wish I could, but I can't.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Dayum! You and BigB were not kidding: I just watched the first episode and I confess that I'm blown away. I loved the original series with Ian Richardson and wasn't sure if I would like the US version. Kevin Spacey is perfect imho. And somehow I thought the production might suffer as it is a "netflix" series but they spent some money on this.

There are so many good suggestions---and it is snowing today and tomorrow---perfect time to explore.
    This show is the Mad Men of netflix. Kevin Spacey ? Brilliant. All actors are awesome. The writing is ... fantastic. It's like the West Wing revisited
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I don't know how people watch shows they have already watched. I can do that with sitcoms that don't rely on a plot. For example: Golden Girls, Roseanne, Big Bang Theory. Those shows are all sitcoms and you can watch any episode from any season and enjoy it as a stand alone. Some story lines carry through but the show is just as funny or entertaining even if you have no clue what happened the episode or even season before. I can't do that with other shows. Lost is my favorite show of all time but in order to watch it again I would need to start from the very first episode and knowing how it ends, why would I want to spend so much time watching it all again? Those types of shows are so story driven that it is completely ruined when you already know the outcome. More power to those of you who can do it, I sometimes wish I could, but I can't.
    We are planning to eventually watch the entire series of Fringe again even though we never missed an episode. My thing is that it is so complicated and in the last short season we kept saying "oh, that was from that episode with the....". So rewatching will help us pick up things we didn't see the first time because we didn't know they would matter in the long term. Does that make sense?

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    My daughter watches shows she's already watched over and over again and I admit I don't get it either.

Via Netflix, I have watched the entire series of several shows and now I will occasional watch them again when they are on TV but these are police procedurals that can be watched as a standalone. But having watched them all in order does cause me to be less likely to watch them when I come across them on tv.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    And modern_muslimah, Sunny is my husband's all time favorite show. It is so demented and wrong. But so funny. Have you seen Charlie's musical yet? That is my favorite.
    I haven't seen that one yet. I'm in the middle of season 4. Sunny is demented. I just watched the episode where Frank poops everywhere. So gross but so funny.

I googled House of Cards last night. It looks intriguing. I think I'll have to check it out this weekend.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    You're not old enough yet. In another 25 years your memory banks will be so full you won't remember anything you saw 6 months ago, you'll just remember that you liked it. Therefore it is easy to watch over again. As for the young ones who watch things repeatedly, I guess they have a crush on one or more of the characters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    I haven't seen that one yet. I'm in the middle of season 4. Sunny is demented. I just watched the episode where Frank poops everywhere. So gross but so funny.

I googled House of Cards last night. It looks intriguing. I think I'll have to check it out this weekend.
    The musical is the season 4 finale. And two episodes before that is one of my other favorites when they decide to do their own "Extreme Home Makeover". Enjoy!

vCash
    Same reason that I reread books: It's just like spending some more time with dear old friends.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Dexter, Drop Dead Diva and Breaking Bad are all shows I watched on Netflix. I also turn on a movie I've seen before every night to fall asleep to.

I wish I could get US Netflix though, MUCH better selection.
    I'm honest, just not always in a nice way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    This show is the Mad Men of netflix. Kevin Spacey ? Brilliant. All actors are awesome. The writing is ... fantastic. It's like the West Wing revisited
    Ita--I feel like I'm watching the West Wing's evil twin brother.

vCash
    I loved the Brit House of Cards trilogy and have enjoyed the first episode of the Kevin Spacey version, just not as much. If I hadn't seen Ian Richardson first . . .

I mostly watch detective shows. These are some of my favorites:
    Judge John Deed--not a detective show, but close enough
    George Gently (I have a thing for Martin Shaw.)
    Vera
    Wallander (the Kenneth Brannagh ones)
    Midsomer Murders
    Murdoch Mysteries
    Luther
    Poirot
    Sherlock Holmes, all versions, but Jeremy Brett's my definitive Sherlock
    Wire in the Blood
    Luther
    Mrs. Bradley
    the Peter Wimsey ones with the tall thin blonde actor

I re-watch some like Midsomer, Poirot and Holmes because there are so many of them, and quite frankly, I forget. If I wait long enough it's like seeing them for the first time.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I normally don't recommend Irish TV drama series, but Love/Hate is excellent, particularly from the second series on.

http://www.hulu.com/lovehate

It's quite violent and sexually explicit!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    The Hunger-Horror anthology series with Terrance Stamp as the Host. There's on episode with Lena Headey, Karen Black and Daniel Craig

Jem-For 80's goodness

The British stuff like the Six Wives of Henry VIII and the David Starkey Monarchy Series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Same reason that I reread books: It's just like spending some more time with dear old friends.
    Precisely. I get attached to the characters more than anything.

vCash
    Oh yeah I also watch; Justified, The Glades, Kings, and Luther.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast