Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good for Max to think of the good for the program as a whole. (Besides, doing it means he needs good individual results too!)

After the team event at the Olympics, I'm not surprised at all to see it isn't a concern of Jeremy's.

vCash
    I could post my initial reaction to that tweet, but it made the air in my apartment blue.

Poor Jason. And good on Max. I hope he does really well.

vCash
    ^What exactly is Jeremy's goal at Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Maybe skating two clean programs and ending his career on a high note? Getting three spots is partly depend on factors outside of your control -who else is competing for other countries, how well they perform, how well your teammates skate, etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with focusing on yourself and worrying about combined placements later. Could that have been worded better? Course. But this is Abbott we're talking about here. Mr. Media Relations personified And in his defense, I don't have anything other than a sound bite to go on. Maybe the rest of what he said explained something similar to my post?

vCash
    Presumably, skating well and improving on his previous best? Which is what a skater's goal should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Good for Max to think of the good for the program as a whole. (Besides, doing it means he needs good individual results too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Poor Jason. And good on Max. I hope he does really well.
    While I hope Jeremy will skate two clean programs, and finish his Olympic eligible career on a high note that way, I wish the World team was Jason & Max! Whatever, Jeremy & Max, skate your best for the USA & yourselves!

vCash
    Twitter:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 10h
    @merrybari Interviewed @CoachTomZ today, he thinks @MaxTAaron and @JeremyAbbottpcf can win 3 U.S men's spots for '15 worlds.

vCash
    In my understanding of the draw rules, and a quick assessment of who is skating, I believe Max (and Jeremy) will be in the top 12 SB of those who are skating, and will therefore draw to be in one of the last two groups in the SP. So... they are set up well at least...

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron · 16m
    Finally off to Tokyo! Can't wait to compete in my second World Championships and represent my country. #TeamUSA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Presumably, skating well and improving on his previous best? Which is what a skater's goal should be.
    IDK. I am turned off by elite skaters who state that they just want to do their best. It's too PC. I think it's fresher to say 'I'm competitive and I want to medal because I have the talent to do so.' Maybe if more skaters believed in themselves, this would happen. Jeremy has the talent.

vCash
    IDK. I am turned off by elite skaters who state that they just want to do their best. It's too PC. I think it's fresher to say 'I'm competitive and I want to medal because I have the talent to do so.' Maybe if more skaters believed in themselves, this would happen. Jeremy has the talent.
    My point exactly - Max and Jeremy should strive to skate the best they can and achieve good results, rather than focusing on getting three spots for the US men. apparently some people think it's not okay for a skater to put individual goals ahead of national spot goals.

vCash
    Twitter:

Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel 24m
    Can #Hanyu complete a double gold at #Worlds2014? My @NBCSports preview: http://bit.ly/1gv0rwF +Abbott, Aaron have vastly diff. approaches

vCash
    Reading the full quote from Jeremy now makes it especially odd. Because Wagner made it clear last year that 3 spots was her main goal. So to say it is nobody's focus is just bizarre. I think a number of skaters go into these events thinking "I need to do well, because this effects Team USA (and thus, me*) next year."

*Although I talked to a jr. worlds skater who said getting 3 spots back was a huge goal, and he wasn't going to be eligible for jr. worlds the next year, so it didn't affect him, really.

vCash
    It's epically stupid when Abbott says "it's nobody's focus" but Max turns around and says it absolutely is.

Of course Max would be focused on it; he had to sit at home and watch Abbott blow it because they only had two spots.

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 32m
    You're watching #DWTS. We are watching these gentlemen skate #Worlds2014 #TeamUSA @jeremyabbottpcf @MaxTAaron
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjiXrJsCcAAiy8i.jpg
    EDIT: From IceNetwork...

http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/70008746?image_id=6 - link won't go directly to this pic; is 6/10

Max & Tom Z at Worlds 2014
    Last edited by dardar1126; 03-25-2014 at 05:15 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Max skates in the 5th (second to last) group of the SP tomorrow, 7:30pm Japan Time (5:30am US Central Time).

vCash
    Good luck to Max tomorrow I hope he and does a great short program!

vCash
    http://www.koaa.com/news/colorado-sp...championships/

20 hours 42 minutes ago by Jordan Mason
    Colorado Springs' Max Aaron studies game tape to prepare for World Championships

EDIT: Fan shares practice report...

Back in the main arena, the only men present for the practice we saw were Max Aaron (USA) and Poland's Mariej Cieplucha.

Aaron was a machine for his free program runthrough, landing a quadruple salchow, a second quad sal (with a step out), a triple axel / double toe loop, a second triple axel, a triple lutz (step out), a triple flip - half loop - triple salchow (step out) and a final triple
    toe loop.

Hopefully he will have cleaned up these small details by tomorrow's short program.
    EDIT2: Via Twitter...

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 29m
    On @icenetwork @CoachTomZ on why @JeremyAbbottpcf & @MaxTAaron can gain 3 U.S. men's spots in Saitama http://tinyurl.com/ppe7nge #Worlds2014
    Last edited by dardar1126; 03-25-2014 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    Max skates in the 5th (second to last) group of the SP tomorrow, 7:30pm Japan Time (5:30am US Central Time).
    9:30pm my time. PERFECT

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast