Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From Twitter:

Strongman Max with a couple of pretty girls...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaIfBIIIIAAN6Rz.jpg:large

vCash
    I think Max was HIS version of the complete package when he skated his short to Tron. By working with Camerlengo, I would assume that there was plenty learned but in what could be his 'momentum fueled go for the brass ring' season, why on earth anyone would think that becoming almost a poor-man's copy of the truly unique Daisuke Takahashi (using the same music in the SP that Daisuke does to screaming raves as an exhibition; putting a twirly fop of hair at the top of his head - which Daisuke is the genuine article, like it or not) is puzzling.

Max. Be yourself. Was AWESOME.

vCash
    I think Max is exploring and defining who he is as a skater...experimenting with choreography, technical content, overall look. I think this is natural for a relatively young skater; over time he'll figure it out. I give him credit for pushing his boundaries and taking risks.

Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 1m
    Having a great day shooting with @jansingCo @nbcolympics http://instagram.com/p/hUEcEZI2L8/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    why on earth anyone would think that becoming almost a poor-man's copy of the truly unique Daisuke Takahashi (using the same music in the SP that Daisuke does to screaming raves as an exhibition; putting a twirly fop of hair at the top of his head - which Daisuke is the genuine article, like it or not) is puzzling.
    This is confusing. Max's ex is not a copy of anything - this was his ex last season, too. I don't like the hair but it seems to be a popular style all over the world - Daisuke doesn't have copyright on it, you know. And so what if Max used music that Daisuke did a couple of years ago? It's not like Daisuke owns that, either. I actually quite like the SP for him as a vehicle. Skaters use music used by other skaters all the time.

Max was bullied into doing something about his PCS. So he's trying. It's not working for him because people are trying to force him to become Jeremy Abbott and he'll never be Jeremy Abbott (thank goodness). I would love to see Max skating the way he was last season - with joy and abandon. Hopefully everything's been sorted out by Nationals. Missing the GPF is probably a blessing in disguise.

vCash
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7&l=a3ea527913

Tom Zakrajsek
    Senior Grand Prix Reflections Part 2:

Max excerpt:

Oh yeah, there is one last thing: the other part of it is that once you're there in the Grand Prix for the very first time like Max Aaron was this season, it is a whole lot of FUN being a player in the game of figure skating!

vCash
    Facebook:

Max goin' all hip-hop with his "homies" (2011):

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/..._6082662_n.jpg

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 2h
    Had a great photo shoot this morning at the Fairmont Princess. Such a beautiful place! http://instagram.com/p/hW7-raI2Lh/
    Emma Jade ‏@emmajade12news 6h
    Just finished shopping with Olympic hopeful @MaxTAaron! Had such a blast-- we'll follow his journey to Sochi on @12News
    EDIT: Young Max with his dog... http://www.nbcolympics.com/sites/nbc...axAaron_10.jpg
    Last edited by dardar1126; 12-01-2013 at 04:36 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    This is confusing. Max's ex is not a copy of anything - this was his ex last season, too. I don't like the hair but it seems to be a popular style all over the world - Daisuke doesn't have copyright on it, you know. And so what if Max used music that Daisuke did a couple of years ago? It's not like Daisuke owns that, either. I actually quite like the SP for him as a vehicle. Skaters use music used by other skaters all the time.

Max was bullied into doing something about his PCS. So he's trying. It's not working for him because people are trying to force him to become Jeremy Abbott and he'll never be Jeremy Abbott (thank goodness). I would love to see Max skating the way he was last season - with joy and abandon. Hopefully everything's been sorted out by Nationals. Missing the GPF is probably a blessing in disguise.
    Well just to clarify, I am referring to Max's Short Program music, which is the same as one of Daisuke's signature exhibition pieces. Camerlengo, who did the choreography for both programs (it was originally a short program for Daisuke) also used the same music for Weaver and Poje's Latin Short dance 2 seasons ago. I just think that it invites unflattering comparisons, and the thought of comparing is only heightened by the similarity of hair style. Never said any skater had a patent or ownership of any piece of music, and yes, people skate to the same pieces all the time (over and over again).

It was simply puzzling to me why he would attempt to make 'progress' with his style into a realm that is already so masterfully STILL being delivered upon in competitive skating. (Daisuke is still very much an active competitor. In fact they did the same Grand Prix events, not that Team Max would have known this necessarily back in the spring when the programs were being created).

I am a big fan of everything unique and powerful that Max brought last season, and while I recognize that skaters look to develop and grow, it seemed to me in such a densely competitive field of US men, and heading into such a pivotal Olympic season, when he had been receiving a clear and resounding sign from both US and international judges that those factors that made him 'unique', while not necessarily 'complete' were being recognized and rewarded (PCS was higher last season).

vCash
    I think Aaron had the misfortune to have a break-out year the year before the Olympics - having the breakout season two or three years ago would have been better - it often seems that skaters have a breakout season and then have to regain focus as the demands on their time changes when they become a known skater as well as an extra season to develop his style and musicality - hopefully he will be able to stay healthy and have a shot at 2018 because I really enjoyed his skating last season.

vCash
    I agree with you skatingguy- Max has so much pressure on him this year, and at the beginning of last year he probably never even considered himself a contender for Sochi, his goal was likely 2018.

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 58m
    If this song isn't stuck in your head yet, it will be! #12DaysOfSochi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avyQ6K0L8U

vCash
    Lol I love that song! Thanks for providing it, dardar1126, as well as those awesome pictures of Max and his family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lol I love that song! Thanks for providing it, dardar1126, as well as those awesome pictures of Max and his family.
    Ditto!

vCash
    Aaaaaaaaaaah, that song will be stuck all day at work tomorrow, I know it.

Not enough Max tho.

vCash
    That video/song is hysterical and adorable, but most of them should really stick to their respective sports rather than singing

vCash
    Posted: Tuesday December 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Legends hope to get skating back into spotlight

Excerpts:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Brian Boitano has never spent time with Max Aaron, and he's looking forward to it as much as Aaron is.

Yep, the 1988 Olympic champion and American figure skating icon - the last U.S man to win a gold medal until Evan Lysacek pulled off the feat at Vancouver in 2010 - is eager to chat with the current U.S. champ. They'll do so next week before the Tribute to American Legends of the Ice show at the Izod Center on Dec. 11.
    Aaron is one of those, having won nationals last January, then finishing seventh at his first world championships. Just being part of the cast of current skaters, along with two-time U.S. women's champ Ashley Wagner, is a big thrill for the 20-year-old Aaron.

''It's a huge honor to be invited to the show,'' he says. ''That is probably the biggest or one of the biggest I ever been invited to. To be alongside the great ones, that is something real special to me. Not only because I look up to them, but to be on the ice with them, I can learn from them on the ice.

''And I can hear their stories, picking their brain and trying to hear more and more. They might have to stop me and say, `Max, one story is enough.' "

Boitano hopes Aaron and the other youngsters ask for his input as they prepare for nationals next month and, if they make the team, for the Sochi Games. Boitano doesn't plan to approach them out of the blue, though.

''It depends on the skater,'' Boitano says. ''Some people are open to it and some are not. The last thing you want to do is throw out advice when they don't want it. Wait for them to come to you.''
    Boitano, Aaron and the other skaters are hopeful that shows such as the American Legends of the Ice, which also will feature a live performance by ''American Idol'' champion Scotty McCreery, will stimulate more shows and longer tours in an Olympic year. And beyond.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2mRJESyFp

**They got Max's age wrong; he is 21, not 20.

EDIT: This link from Sylvia has 3 picture links...

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2013/...ting-back.html
    Last edited by dardar1126; 12-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.

vCash
    Twitter:

Max making latkes (potato pancakes) for Hanukkah...

https://twitter.com/JansingCo/status...414977/photo/1

Max signing autographs for fans...

https://twitter.com/emmajade12news/s...460928/photo/1

vCash
    Twitter:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 5m
    Happy 8th night of Hanukkah from @MaddieAaron25 and I!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BasFPr8CYAEyBQD.jpg:large

vCash
    ^

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast