Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    On his Twitter account, Max added this new ID pic:

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...8f_bigger.jpeg

(sorry it's so tiny...you'll have to increase your view sizing)

vCash
    Twitter:

Sarah Hughes ‏@SarahHughesNY 4m
    @SkateForHope with all these hot shots in @USFigureSkating 's October issue ������ (via @SkateForHope) #charity
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVsiu6nIYAAUPgl.jpg

vCash
    Twitter (brief video):

Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ 40m
    Pasquale and Max in action this weekend in the Springs working on final preparations for Skate… http://instagram.com/p/fG9pAojYyN/
    EDIT: new video...

Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ 31m
    @MaxTAaron @unitedskates Max Aaron: http://youtu.be/8PJdJDRq-6c via @youtube Max and Pasquale work on the rhumba hip movement. #roadtosochi
    Last edited by dardar1126; 10-06-2013 at 07:02 AM.

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 4m
    . @MaxTAaron is joined by the media on his pre-Skate America conference call.

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 2m
    "I am super pleased with how the International Classic went, even though I didn't skate perfect" - @MaxTAaron

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 1m
    . @MaxTAaron says doubling his quad Sal reminds him how difficult the jump is. Eager to work hard on the element.

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 2m
    .@MaxTAaron admits that he is more inexperienced than most internationally, but is looking forward to getting his programs out there.

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 1m
    . @MaxTAaron "No backing down" from doing three quads in his free skate and two triple Axels in the second half.
    EDIT:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 23m
    Skating first at @HiltonHHonors Skate America, @MaxTAaron wants to set the tone and end up in the second warmup group for the free skate.

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 22m
    "I have watched my program 1,000 times, I think all of the views on YouTube are me." @MaxTAaron

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 18m
    "Go big or go home. That's my approach." - @MaxTAaron

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 15m
    . @MaxTAaron just dropped the words "Lung capacity" and "lactic acid threshold"

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 9m
    .@MaxTAaron called @EvanLysacek an idol of his and that he can't wait to step out on to the ice with him. Dissapointed he wont be at #SA2013

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 2m
    On conference call today, @MaxTAaron said he was disappointed in his short program at the Classic last month: "Musically, it wasn't there."

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 1m
    .@MaxTAaron conf. call, cont: He & choreographer Pasquale Camerlengo "broke the program down" to improve musicality & changed some steps.
    EDIT2:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 1m
    Fun fact from @MaxTAaron call: He stood 2 feet away from @lolojones at the Olympic media summit in Salt Lake City but was too shy to say hi.

Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel 1h
    "Extremely disappointed #Lysacek won't be at Skate America. He's an idol of mine. I'm looking forward to stepping on ice w/ him" -@MaxTAaron
    Last edited by dardar1126; 10-09-2013 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    Twitter (has pic of Max):

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 4h
    Figure skating on NBC this season. Keep this handy!
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/.../photo/1/large

vCash
    Twitter:

Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel 1h
    Ever the gentleman, @MaxTAaron starts every response on conf. call with "Thank you for your question." Stand up stuff #Sochi2014

vCash
    http://www.statepress.com/2013/10/09...nter-olympics/

ASU student trains for 2014 Winter Olympics
    By Sarah Mann
    October 9, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Excerpt:

ASU student Max Aaron still remembers saying goodbye to his home in Scottsdale to skate three sessions a day, work in the gym, and relentlessly practice his routines to chase his goal of winning an Olympic gold medal in men’s figure skating.

Aaron said watching Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson compete for the all-around gold in the 2008 Olympic Games was a defining moment in the trajectory of his athletic career.

“At that moment, I knew that I wanted to do something big in the sport that I choose,” he said. “I had a talk with my parents and decided that we were going to go with figure skating.”

vCash
    Recap of Max Aaron's media teleconference call yesterday, with additional comments from Tom Zakrajsek (will cross-post this link in the articles thread in the 2013 Skate America forum in Kiss and Cry): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/10/62791096
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    http://www.examiner.com/article/excl...eatness-part-1

Exclusive interview with Max Aaron: Wired for greatness part 1 (Video)
    Michelle Kennedy
    Seattle Figure Skating Examiner
    October 11, 2013

Excerpt:

Spend a few minutes talking with Max Aaron and it becomes abundantly clear, this guy is wired very differently than most. Intense, driven, analytical, determined and filled with motivational phrases, this hockey player turned figure skater is not only becoming a champion, he’s developing a message that beats in the background of his life. One that says, “If I can, you can too.”

vCash
    Twitter:

Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ 3h
    Check out this link to a video for the Grassroots to Champions Super Camp. It features US Champion Max Aaron and... http://fb.me/1ZxKCmiFQ

vCash
    I really hope Max makes it to the Olympics this year. Despite being rough around the edges he has made me a fan over the last year.

vCash
    I think it is a given that Max will be one of the men. He will, no doubt win at Nationals again. He is very consistent and has the Quads. He is also favored by USFS- one of the rare times they push/promote the right guy. The second spot- now that's the horse race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I really hope Max makes it to the Olympics this year. Despite being rough around the edges he has made me a fan over the last year.
    I would bet on it: Max has solidly established himself as #1 American man, due in large part to the fact that he is the only US man who has TES which is reasonably competitive with the top men in the world, and he's made strides in PCS. He has slowly established himself by doing quite well in competition since '13 Nationals. No other US men have done so.

Of the others: Jeremy is the only other American man who could be a top rival - beautiful skater and doing actually pretty well at JO, but once again nothing to suggest he is on the road to combining all his difficult jumps with out-of-this-world choreography, which he would need to also contend with the top men. Ross, Ricky and Joshua have shown no real improvement in consistency in their season openers; back to square one on the Quads for all of them, it seems. Josh has the excuse of being new to Seniors, but Ross and Ricky may soon be reaching their 'sell-by' date. Jason is another early standout and shows lots of promise, but lacks serious Senior credibility ... and the Quad. Finally, I think we can safely close the skating chapter in Evan's book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I think it is a given that Max will be one of the men. He will, no doubt win at Nationals again. He is very consistent and has the Quads. He is also favored by USFS- one of the rare times they push/promote the right guy. The second spot- now that's the horse race.
    I'm not convinced he'll win Nationals but I definitely think he will make the team. If Abbott goes lights out, he'll win Nationals most likely.

vCash
    Twitter:

Jackie Wong ‏@examinerskating 1h
    Skate America men preview: Can Aaron upset w/quads? Or will Takahashi and Kozuka do what they do best? http://exm.nr/1cPV2xW #SA2013

vCash
    Well it's clear who USFS is putting their support behind. Not forgetting this will actually be his DEBUT on the Grand Prix season, there'll be a lot of pressure. He seems up for it though.

vCash
    I know it's a figure of speech, olympic ("sell by date"), but not so nice to use in reference to skaters. No intention to police your comments, btw. I understand you may not mean to belittle anyone, but are just talking in horse race terms. The skaters are all working very hard. All have difficult challenges. Luck and timing and things out of their control affect all the skaters. I wish the very best for all the skaters on and off the ice. I wish them all to enjoy their experiences and learn from the difficult challenges and disappointments. Indeed not doing as well as one hoped and facing physical and mental difficulties is part of the human experience for everyone. It's how we respond to what life deals us that makes all the difference. Being in the battle and setting goals and relishing one's accomplishments is what matters. Everyone can not make the Olympic team, but it's the struggle and the battle and what you learn from it that counts in the long run. Life is not over if as a skater you don't make the Olympic team, or don't win Olympic gold (thank you MK), or don't medal when expectations are high. Or, like Armin Mahbahnoozadeh end up making the tough decision (as a very talented skater) to move on and conquer other life goals.

I hope to try and enjoy and appreciate all the skaters in all their colors, glories, disappointments, challenges, and victories this season.

After all, in this Take it to the Max thread, what has Max Aaron taught us all? Never Give Up! Never Give Up! Never Give In to What Others Think. Be Challenged Further to Achieve What the naysayers think you can't do. Prevail! Max's achievements have been hard won ... Thank you Max for what I've learned from your life story! Best of luck on your continuing journey. Thanks to all the skaters who've given me many moments of pure pleasure!

What I love seeing best of all these days is the wonderful camaraderie among all the skaters domestically and internationally. Enjoy these moments skaters and make the most of everything that happens along the way.

vCash
    Twitter:

The Skating Lesson ‏@SkatingLesson 24m
    5 Things to Watch for at Skate America: http://www.theskatinglesson.com/five...skate-america/ … @skating102 for TSL

vCash
    Re-posting from the 2013 Skate America forum in Kiss and Cry:
    Last week's media teleconference (audio): Max Aaron (27:14)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast