Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Facebook:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...14406967_n.jpg

BSC.... — with Ashlyn Gaughan, Luke C. West, Joseph Johnson, Lukas Kaugars, Tory Patsis, Cody Lithco, Alex Johnson, Madeline Aaron, Agnes Zawadzki, Max Aaron and Brandon Mroz.
    Also in the picture are Joshua Farris, Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim.

(a couple of others look familiar, but I can't place them)

vCash
    ^^^ is the photo above dated?

@SkatingLesson just tweeted TSL's Interview with 2013 US champ @MaxTAaron (50 mins):
    After a breakout 2012-13 season, 2013 U.S. National champion Max Aaron is hungry for more success. We spoke to Aaron about his upgraded jump content, his desire to improve his transitions to achieve the "total package" on the ice and his belief that he is a contender for an Olympic medal this February.

*Please excuse the poor connection, which turned Dave pixel-y.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5w894g5Zqg
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-14-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    YAH, I can't wait to watch this...50 MINUTES with Max...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ is the photo above dated?
    This is all I know about the pic/poster:

January 8 via mobile
    It's PUBLIC INFO, but whatever. It's not from the NSA, just from Facebook...which is probably WORSE than the NSA.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-14-2013 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    Thanks, but I don't need to know that much personal info from Facebook! Can you please remove everything but the January 8 date? ETA: Thank you for doing it.

I assume this was a photo of all the 2013 Nationals Broadmoor SC skaters at the club's annual pre-Nationals banquet. The Intermediate & Juvenile level Nationals skaters pictured should include: Anastasia Kortjohn (Int. Ladies, silver), Madison Fox & Val Katsman (Int. Dance, silver), Jun-Hong Chen (Int. Men), and Mikhail Gumba (Juv. Boys).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-14-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Fantastic interview with Max. I love how open and honest he is about his perceived shortcomings, and how he sees them. I do wonder how many times he's going to have to repeat that he KNOWS he's not there yet with the PCS side and he's working on it before people will actually listen to him.

"I don't believe in limits" <---- that right there terrified me, though.

I also liked the thing about wanting two more rings. Very cute!

And the way he talked about his Carmen long program has me feeling very good about it now. It really means something to him, he's obviously really passionate about it, which is always a good sign! All those hints about his short have me intrigued!

Another very smart, well-spoken guy with a good head on his shoulders and a good support system in place!

vCash
    Just when I thought I couldn't love Max more than I already do...I DO! What a great interview...so open, so honest, so revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Fantastic interview with Max. I love how open and honest he is about his perceived shortcomings, and how he sees them. I do wonder how many times he's going to have to repeat that he KNOWS he's not there yet with the PCS side and he's working on it before people will actually listen to him.

"I don't believe in limits" <---- that right there terrified me, though.

I also liked the thing about wanting two more rings. Very cute!

And the way he talked about his Carmen long program has me feeling very good about it now. It really means something to him, he's obviously really passionate about it, which is always a good sign! All those hints about his short have me intrigued!

Another very smart, well-spoken guy with a good head on his shoulders and a good support system in place!
    Yes, he does sound very inspired to skate his Carmen program; he understands the doubters, but really wants to make it his own. And he's right that there is so much beautiful music in Carmen (it's a long opera, people! ) that never gets used, so I'm glad that he and Lori are excerpting some of the less familiar sections.

And he said his SP will be fun and "sassy" - can't wait to see what it is!!

The story about the rings was adorable! He got his World Team ring...now the only two rings he really wants are an Olympic ring and a wedding ring...how sweet is THAT?!? And it was touching to hear him speak of wanting that Team USA jacket so much, and working hard to get it.

I didn't know that he'd competed in short-track speed skating...he certainly had/has the right body type for it, and we've certainly seen how much speed he can generate.

I love that he is so analytical about his training, his skating, how to build a program, etc. He's a very smart, very thoughtful person. And I like what he said about approaching each new experience with the thought of what can he learn from the situation, like how to handle different audience and performance factors, etc. He's very goal-oriented.

I'm also impressed by how many times he referenced his parents, and how he wants to make them proud. He is a very good son who realizes how much his parents have done for him in his life in general, and in regards to supporting him in his skating. Heck, they bought a second home in a different state so that he and his sister could train!

I am so impressed with Max in every way.

EDIT: Just remembered that he said he'd wanted to skate to Carmen since he first heard it at the age of nine...and that he'd also like to skate to The Nutcracker.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-14-2013 at 05:57 AM.

vCash
    ^^ Yeah, thanks to Sylvia for posting the TSL interview with Max. I really appreciate Dave's and Jenny's initiative in what they are doing with TSL, but sometimes their opening dialogue with each other grates a bit. This was one of those times. Still, I enjoyed listening to their hilarious recent TSL interviews with each other, and they are fairly good at interviewing. They could improve re follow-up questions and pacing. I suppose Jenny edits to help tighten the interviews and improve the pacing.

Their guests have been majorly great. I'm trying to watch the whole interview now with Max, but I'm having trouble with the connection, which is probably due to my own computer. Too bad that the picture got pixelated, particularly for Dave.

BTW, I saw this profile of Max Aaron on youtube, posted a year ago. I don't know if it's been linked here previously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlvVUOlgidU
    Last edited by aftershocks; 06-14-2013 at 07:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    BTW, I saw this profile of Max Aaron on youtube, posted a year ago. I don't know if it's been linked here previously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlvVUOlgidU
    That's a cute little profile; I'd seen it previously...not sure if it was posted here or not. Love how he's always stressing the importance of being a good role model.

This was actually the first Skating Lesson interview I'd ever seen...I liked it! Didn't realize at first that the young woman is THAT Jenny Kirk...I remember she was a pleasing, delicate skater; as I recall, her mom died at a young age (breast cancer?) while Jenny was competing in senior ladies...that was such a sad time for her.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-14-2013 at 07:07 AM.

vCash
    Really enjoyed the interview with Max. Cracked up that his "natural talent" was speed skating. So he just went through all the disciplines, huh?

He seems super competitive, the attitude kind of surprised me. Like he didn't want to say it, because that isn't the PC "I just want to do my best", but it's clear he is out there to win.

I also loved him apologizing over and over for using Carmen, but that he wants to use it because it is iconic, and because he's going to make it his own.

vCash
    I know I have an event thread for this, but for continuity I'll post it here too:

http://vernonhills.patch.com/groups/...he-starz-event

Glacier Ice Hosts 'Skating with the Starz' Event
    Posted by Cristel Mohrman (Editor), June 2, 2013 at 04:00 am

Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills will host the second annual “Skating with the Starz” Saturday, June 22 to benefit the Advocate Condell Cancer Care program.

Beginning at 7 p.m., attendees can once again experience an ice show extravaganza featuring nationally renowned figure skaters, including 2014 Olympic hopefuls Gracie Gold and Max Aaron.

Devised by local figure skater and Carmel High School student Jizelle Chloe Bacani, the event will offer the opportunity for the audience to skate with the “stars” following the formal program.

“Not only is this event fun for the community, but it also helps us continue to provide supportive services to cancer patients, along with advanced treatment options,” said Kathleen Hill, RN, Oncology Nurse Navigator at Advocate Condell Medical Center.

Click on link for full article and ticket information. Event is in Vernon Hills, IL.
    http://newssun.suntimes.com/sports/2...t-condell.html

Skating with the Starz benefits Cancer Care at Condell
    News-sun staff report June 13, 2013 7:50AM

Excerpt:

Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills will be the site of the second annual “Skating with the Starz” event to benefit the Advocate Condell Cancer Care program.

At 7 o’clock on the evening of Saturday, June 22, attendees can again experience an ice show extravaganza featuring nationally renowned figure skaters, including 2014 Olympic hopefuls Gracie Gold and Max Aaron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I also loved him apologizing over and over for using Carmen, but that he wants to use it because it is iconic, and because he's going to make it his own.
    That's what they all say. But in the end, it's always yet another Carmen.

At least he's apologized in advance

vCash
    Twitter:

Evan Kosiner ‏@kosiner 1h
    @DougMattis @skateforhope Look who arrived back at the hotel in a fire truck... They're enroute right now.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMzkrMwCEAAWp36.jpg

vCash
    From the event thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Thanks for posting that clip! They did that move in the Jamestown show; love seeing how they get into the position.

vCash
    Twitter:

Jeremy Abbott ‏@jeremyabbottpcf 3h @skateforhope 10th anniversary tonight!!! We're ready are you?! @christina_gao emhughes26 alexegilles… http://instagram.com/p/alTveqG8MD/
    Allison Scott ‏@PCFclub 1h
    Fundraisers special session starting @skateforhope
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM0MWIyCMAEDQl1.jpg

vCash
    Twitter:

Doug Mattis ‏@DougMattis 53m
    @skateforhope cast! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM1_3LzCAAA4m5a.jpg
    Doug Mattis ‏@DougMattis 1h
    Another amazing @skateforhope is in the can. WAIT until you see the video on IceNetwork!!

vCash
    http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/0...sary-show.html

(go to link for full review)

SATURDAY, JUNE 15

Skate for Hope 10th Anniversary Show

Current US Mens Champion Max Aaron skated to a medley of popular songs and had the audience in the palm of his hand, complete with a kiss for a lady in the front row. That same fearless attack he shows in competition was also evident here, and it adds to the excitement of his skating.

vCash
    From Allison Scott...sorry it's blurry:

https://twitter.com/PCFclub/status/3...652161/photo/1

vCash
    Facebook: Max at Skate for Hope...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...36260215_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...17461804_n.jpg

Max's hair is getting long, cute and curly...he's getting his Jewfro back!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 06-16-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast