Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Honestly, I loved Max's Carmen! So pleasantly surprised, not a huge fan of the SP, but he's improved his artistry A LOT! He has that panache and confidence that really make the Carmen work. Some mistakes in the program to be sure, but also some great jumps and his TES was quite impressive given how many points he left on the table. It's early but I say he's looking strong to defend his title and at least grab one of the Olympic spots even if he doesn't defend his title. I can see him making the GPF, honestly, and a medal at the Olympics isn't out of the question IMO (gold won't happen but I think he is definitely in the hunt for a bronze considering none of Chan, Hanyu, and Fernandez are particularly consistent/reliable in competition, not to mention others like Dai). This season is gonna be so exciting!

vCash

vCash
    ^

vCash
    I haven't seen his programmes yet, but I love his costumes. .. and his hair

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Max's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPFSg4uwl9c

I like that he is trying to focus more on implementing choreography into his program, but I can easily see that it doesn't come easy or naturally for him to have to focus on that aspect of his skating. He had an awkward looking trip . . . it was almost as if the accent of the music and the awkward forced movement of his arms on the accent of the music scared him and he tripped right afterward when not doing anything difficult. It is the start of the season. His effortlessness on the jumps is really a thing of beauty though. I found the ending of the program to be a little abrupt and maybe not as choreographically effective as it could be. It could be though that I have never liked this piece of music, not even when fellow Tom Z pupil Ryan Bradley skated to it. Overall, I like Aaron's skating much better than last season though.

vCash
    I do like this new SP. You can really see how hard he's been working on the second mark. Even the step sequence is more energetic and crisp than the Tron program. And he really nails the flair of this one, I think. Plus he hits so many moments!

Also, and are applicable.

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 58m
    We aren't sure why we didn't get an invite from @MaxTAaron and @JohnCoughlinUSA but we're glad you had fun! #SLC2013
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUNmKgtCMAE1KAC.jpg
    EDIT:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 1m
    Had a great weekend in Salt Lake! Thanks to @USFigureSkating for putting on an awesome event, couldn't be more excited for Skate America!

EDIT2:

I got a direct personal thank you tweet from Max...I'm verklempt!!

EDIT3:

Max Aaron ‏@MaxTAaron 8m
    Had a great time at the Utes Game last night with amazing friends! http://instagram.com/p/eTR01zI2On/
    Last edited by dardar1126; 09-16-2013 at 01:47 AM.

vCash
    I still haven't seen his LP! Anyone got a vid?

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLxg-DAclw

Max's FS from the 2013 US International Challenge.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post

Ugh, it's like I'm watching Evan but with quad attempts. Even the way he is using his arms and hands is reminiscent of Lysacek. Max, please, there are other colors in the universe besides black. Where is the originality? Sorry, I want to like Aaron, but I am not a fan of this LP, nor his plain costume, nor his hairstyle.

vCash

Thank you dardar!

vCash

Oh, I like this! I really do!

vCash
    Max's Carmen >> Evan's Carmen

Interesting as Max is "just a jumper" and Evan is considered a sophisticated arteeest lol. But seriously, this is one of Lori Nichol's better works in a long while.

vCash
    Good effort! Less 'hammy' than Lysacek's 'Carmen'

Not concerned about the messy quads at this point. In fact, the jumps from 3x down look completely effortless.

He looks more put together and you can tell he's making a bigger effort at presentation / artistry on the ice this year.

vCash
    I think this will be spectacular come January & always supposing he lands the difficult jumps. He's such an exciting skater & I want some of our other U.S. men to begin catching up with him.

vCash
    ITA that Max has been working hard on the aesthetics of his skating, and I think both of his programs have wonderful potential. His free skate was obviously rusty in terms of his jumps, but it's still early in the season. It is perhaps a reflection of his working so hard on the artistic aspects of his skating that has caused some timing problems on his jumps, which is not an unusual situation. He certainly has the desire, ability and confidence to work out those kinks and continue to develop these programs to their potential over the course of the season. Max deserves all the praise he is receiving for working so hard and for trying so hard to improve and to take his skating to a higher level.

His sp costume was fine -- maybe he could add some color (Royal purple perhaps?) and flair for the Spanish theme. The all-black for the FS costume is for me at this point old hat and somewhat boring. Taken by itself, the cut and appearance is elegant, but it does too much recall Evan's "all-black" styling/ mandate. I think a different choice of color (or more of an up-to-date Spanish-themed design approach might have more impact).

I do wish the guys would not make Sochi 2014 a sartorial dirge! Liven it up guys, on the costume front. Do not fear subtly edging in some Johnny Weir flavor and flair (albeit with understated style and elegance).

vCash
    Twitter:

U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating 31m
    Team USA: Who is your celebrity crush? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiEdzwlgLwY
    Max is so cute and flustered...

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I thought I read somewhere that neither of those costumes was the final one.

vCash
    http://www.meadowlands.com/Events/P_...f_the_Ice.aspx

P&G & Walmart Tribute to American Legends of the Ice

Wednesday, December 11 at 7:30 PM

"A Celebration of the Great Tradition of American Skating"

Watch performances by current and past National and Olympic medalists including Brian Boitano, Dick Button, Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron, Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir, Ross Miner, Agnes Zawadzki, and many more. The show will be hosted by Kristi Yamaguchi and Michael Weiss.

Plus special musical guest performer Scotty McCreery will perform in the tribute to American skating legends before they head off to Sochi.

Tickets:
    $150, $75, $60, $40

Parking Lots Open:
    TBD

Parking Fee:
    Cars:
    Buses:

Doors Open:
    6:30 PM
    Last edited by dardar1126; 09-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.

vCash

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast